• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I know it’s not directly tied to the current conversation but I wanted to ask regardless. Could anyone here with knowledge of the Paper Mario series help me think of some QoL choices to the classic gameplay I could make for my game ideas? I have stuff like a fast travel system as well as quickly selecting partners (Mario and Peach would have four each so one mapped to each direction) with the d-pad at any time.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I prefer articulated figures anyway, i'm not the biggest fan of funkos and their soulless eyes.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I know it’s not directly tied to the current conversation but I wanted to ask regardless. Could anyone here with knowledge of the Paper Mario series help me think of some QoL choices to the classic gameplay I could make for my game ideas? I have stuff like a fast travel system as well as quickly selecting partners (Mario and Peach would have four each so one mapped to each direction) with the d-pad at any time.
Taking inspiration from the newer titles, maybe once Mario reaches a certain level, weaker enemies can be defeated by jumping on them or hitting them with a hammer. I don't think that was ever implemented in the orginal games unless you had a badge equipped.

You could also add an option to replay certain parts of the game. Maybe even a special training mode where players can practice dodging the attacks of enemies they've tattled on.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Pick a game. Any game.

Give it a new Funky mode (Funky Kong is added as an important character to the game’s plot, and you can play as him to make it easier)

How does the game change?
PMD2.

Funky joins the guild at the same time as the party. He's level 100, and his moveset is Roar of Time, Precipice Blades, Light that Burns the Sky, and Judgement. nstead of the MC returning back to live via friendsip, it's due to Funky's sheer bodaciousness

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Better now that i've finished all my schoolwork. How bout you?

oh and also my brother just burst through my door blaring this video and i'm not sure how to feel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDRtRR6M9PA
I'm doing ok. Played Overwatch recently and did well. Got some sick plays with Junkrat, I'm getting more consistent with Tracer, and my Sigma's improving too. The Sombra was a little rough tonight though lol

And that's funny lol

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Taking inspiration from the newer titles, maybe once Mario reaches a certain level, weaker enemies can be defeated by jumping on them or hitting them with a hammer. I don't think that was ever implemented in the orginal games unless you had a badge equipped.

You could also add an option to replay certain parts of the game. Maybe even a special training mode where players can practice dodging the attacks of enemies they've tattled on.
Thank you, I’ll have to keep those in mind. I have been trying to think of some ideas for dealing with weaker enemies at high levels, one idea I think I had was for my Reznor partner to have a field ability of scaring away weaker enemies when Mario has her out in the field.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Man, dbz kakarot looks so fun. It makes me big sad that it doesn't seem to be coming to switch. :( hoping they port it later. Other dbz fans, what do you think of the game?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Did anyone ever play Astral Chain? I really wanted to talk about that one.

Sigh. I really hope it did well. I really want the genre to continue. But like, nobody makes hack n slashes anymore and they don’t sell well unless you cram in all sorts of unnecessary RPG elements.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Man, dbz kakarot looks so fun. It makes me big sad that it doesn't seem to be coming to switch. :( hoping they port it later. Other dbz fans, what do you think of the game?
It looks... alright. Nothing truly wowed me though.

I just want a DB game that starts at OG Dragon Ball and goes all the way to Super. With a bonus chapter on GT. I just want something other than DBZ

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
It looks... alright. Nothing truly wowed me though.

I just want a DB game that starts at OG Dragon Ball and goes all the way to Super. With a bonus chapter on GT. I just want something other than DBZ
Yeah, I understand that. Maybe if this game does well they can have those as dlc or in a sequel.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
We have confirmation that it'll be this Wednesday at 9 AM EST.

Not what I'd call "shortly"
I wonder if there will be other information too, though I would happily mark my calendar for the sole announcement of SwoleFetch'd

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
How the hell is Mario an italian plumber is Italy doesn’t exist in the Mario world? I know the cartoons said he was from Brooklyn and went down a magic drain (which i will believe until Nintendo outright states otherwise), but the current canon suggests he’s just always been in the Mario world.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How the hell is Mario an italian plumber is Italy doesn’t exist in the Mario world? I know the cartoons said he was from Brooklyn and went down a magic drain (which i will believe until Nintendo outright states otherwise), but the current canon suggests he’s just always been in the Mario world.
Super Mario Odyssey 2 with an Italian Kingdom with other people of Mario’s species as the residents

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I personally always took it that our world exists in Mario universe. Basically another Kingdom that you can get to through certain warp pipes around our world.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Clearly Italy is a magical kingdom, just like the cap kingdom, luncheon kingdom, etc.

Yo Wario Bros. Wario Bros. where’d you see that Pokémon trailer announcement? I can’t find it.

Edit: double post ****

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Super Mario Odyssey 2 but Peach is playable with Tiara.

C'mon. Then Ninty can have BotW 2: Zelda's Adventure and Odyssey 2: Peach's Chronicle. Two games with the two female characters playable.

Of course it's probably not gonna happen

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Super Mario Odyssey 2 but Peach is playable with Tiara.

C'mon. Then Ninty can have BotW 2: Zelda"s Adventure and Odyssey 2: Peach's chronicle. Two games with the two female characters playable.

Of course it's probably not gonna happen
You’re gettin Luigi, Blue Toad, and Toadette and you’re gonna like it.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lmao at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Toadette ****ing replaces Luigi for gender equality since Peach is apparently nothing but a useless plot device now and Luigi can apparently miss out on some games while Toadette recently has been playable or seen in the base game of every Mario related product

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Lmao at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Toadette ****ing replaces Luigi for gender equality since Peach is apparently nothing but a useless plot device now and Luigi can apparently miss out on some games while Toadette recently has been playable or seen in the base game of every Mario related product
You know. It would have been a nice detail if Daisy used Toadette in Smash.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Mario and Luigi were born on Yoshi’s Island, sent to the real world, then returned back to the “Mario world” in their 20’s, with the events of Donkey Kong happening in New Donk City, before they went to the Mushroom Kingdom.

That is the correct canon.

That, or Nintendo threw out the “he’s from Brooklyn” idea years ago in order to have one semi-consistent world.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I wouldn’t go that far but at the very least I can see Toadette being present where there’s a playable Toad.

Also is it kinda bad that I’m kinda going for equal gender representation in my Paper Mario game with how I’m laying out both Mario and Peach’s parties?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn’t go that far but at the very least I can see Toadette being present where there’s a playable Toad.

Also is it kinda bad that I’m kinda going for equal gender representation in my Paper Mario game with how I’m laying out both Mario and Peach’s parties?
Absolutely not! It’s actually quite admirable. I wish more companies did it.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I like working out the lore for games, and the Mario series timeline (between the Mario, Yoshi, and DK games) isn’t really laid out. So I thought I’d try to piece it together.
Ohh okay, cool. You should definitely make that, i'd be interested in seeing it whenever you start working on it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
While I have it brought up, this is how I’ve laid out the parties for my Paper Mario game so far:
Mario’s Party:
:ultmario:

Scribble (Sketchbook)-F
Rezqueen (Reznor)-F
Jaki (Lakitu)-F
Scuttlelee (Scuttlebug)-M
One more M character

Peach’s Party:
:ultpeach:

Sketch (Pencil)-M
:ultdaisy:
Roshin (Yoshi)-M
Unnamed Duplighost character (presumably M though could be F too
One more F or M character depending on the previous partner

Obviously this isn’t the only selling point of these characters nor is this the only reason for making my partners and it might not even be obvious unless it was pointed out. My main inspiration for how I’m approaching these partners is Chrono Trigger and I want to make each character as important and useful as I can regardless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom