• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Random question, but what’s one of the worst voice overs you’ve seen for a big project?
To me, it has to go to Super Yo-Yo because it made an already ridiculous premise sounds even more ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Overwatch 2

Just like the first one I will continue to not play it because my computer can’t run it and then pretend i’m too cool for it when people ask why I don’t play it

D

Deleted member

Overwatch 2

Just like the first one I will continue to not play it because my computer can’t run it and then pretend i’m too cool for it when people ask why I don’t play it
Overwatch is just eh, and no one can prove me wrong.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't usually nickname Pokémon but I'm very tempted to name Corviknight either Naesala or Vika depending on whether it's male or female.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Overwatch 2

I own Overwatch but my laptop can’t even run it. That’s some wasted money.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Blizzard character for smash :)

That's another one not many would expect, yet could make sense.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Apparently Grookey has some sort of secret energy or whatnot.
This is some real Jojo stand ****.
Watcha gonna do when Baboom leak is real and Baboom's final smash is the Seven Pages of Muda by turning the opponent into a drum?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Overwatch 2?
d7ig8t5-121ae034-c7b6-4809-8137-8ee0f81a8346.gif

I guess that's neat, somewhat, maybe.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
To me, it has to go to Super Yo-Yo because it made an already ridiculous premise sounds even more ridiculous.
Holy goddamn **** is that an actual official dub?

That looks like a fandub made by someone who's just now learning how to use the editing software. The mic quality isn't even very good. And the lips never come close to matching.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Stick's definitely gonna become some cool staff looking thing and he's gonna be sun wukong inspired
That's what I would've thought...

That is, if we didn't already have Infernape, another monkey starter pokemon based on sun wokong

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That Nintendo Tweet added credibility to "Baboom" existing, but I think the Baboom leak is fake.
"Baboom" itself might be real, but who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

That looks like a fandub made by someone who's just now learning how to use the editing software. The mic quality isn't even very good. And the lips never come close to matching.
If I had to guess it looks like an 80's anime which explains it tbh
Ok but that soundtrack isn't too bad

D

Deleted member

It is legitimate, and it is legitimately terrible, too. Shoutouts to Chew-yo Kogura or however you spell it.

"IF YER BAESICS R SLLOPPY, ALL YER TREECKS R GONA BE SLOPPY!"

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wake me up when Blizzard wants to regularly update Hots again
I'm pretty sure Acitivision pulled back the funding on the game. Considering Activision's financial problems of late, that may not change any time soon.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Anyway, time to share a freakin' dope fanart of one of my favourite franchise out there.
Fun fact: Alicia is obviously based off Morrigan & less obvious is that Hota is based more off Jedah, tho not in term of appareances, moreso abilits & goals.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Out of respect for anyone browsing on mobile, I edited out the duplicate embeds in posts on this page.

If you're quoting someone who embedded a video, be nice to users on slower computers or phones and take out the embed. :shades:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Random question, but what’s one of the worst voice overs you’ve seen for a big project?
Had you said any project, I would've said Enchanted Arms.
So here's something interesting
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Overwatch 2 confirmed?
What exactly would be the point of Overwatch 2? Considering they are still making stuff for Overwatch(and most recently, the incredibly awesome Workshop. I mean, anything that can allow you to make Uno, Pac-Man or Smash Bros in Overwatch is awesome) for one and two, what exactly would be different about it?
Looking at the article where Jason mentioned it'll have a large PvE element, I'm thinking it's actually a PvE-focused Overwatch game that fans have demanded and Jeff has mentioned that it would have to be a new game for something like that.

That said, I'm not kidding about the Workshop feature. People have actually used that to make Smash Bros, Uno and Pac-man in Overwatch.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/budaqt/presenting_super_smashwatch_my_version_of_smash/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/brao3w/workshop_uno_update_20_over_50_new_locations_on/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/bhsg79/i_made_a_working_pacman_vs_ghosts_game_mode_in/

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Anyway, time to share a freakin' dope fanart of one of my favourite franchise out there.
Fun fact: Alicia is obviously based off Morrigan & less obvious is that Hota is based more off Jedah, tho not in term of appareances, moreso abilits & goals.
Yeah but Lilith is better. So.

New OC when.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm pretty sure Acitivision pulled back the funding on the game. Considering Activision's financial problems of late, that may not change any time soon.
What financial problems? They earned a ****ton last year. Unless them firing a bunch of employees to give the CEO a big ass bonus for doing the incredibly difficult task of sitting on his ass actually hurt a company for once, I'm very confused

KMDP

Smash Legend
I have finally returned from my 7 day long meditation. I can vouch that it was an emotional journey where I discovered my true self beneath all my masked feelings.

TL;DR I have mastered the art of levitation.
I'm sure it was a hard, long-worn battle accompanied by an amazing piece of music.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Wake me up when Blizzard wants to regularly update Hots again
Actually, wasn't it only pulled out of the e-Sport deal due to it not making alot in the e-Sport section or something like that? I think HotS is still being updated, including with new characters. The latest character is Anduin who apparently came out on April 30th.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What financial problems? They earned a ****ton last year. Unless them firing a bunch of employees to give the CEO a big *** bonus for doing the incredibly difficult task of sitting on his *** actually hurt a company for once, I'm very confused
No yeah you basically hit the nail on the head.

Activision earns a ****ton but they're no longer growing, and their investors-- like investors do-- don't like that. So Activision's execs are trying to shake up the Blizzard half of the company by getting them to pull back on esports-- specifically HotS-- and move toward making more new titles on a more regular basis rather than updating indefinitely for years and years. This is apparently to make up for Activision's failure to find any meaningful replacements for the franchises they killed (Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero, etc.) and the gradual projected decline of Call of Duty revenue trails. Black Ops 4 apparently didn't make as much money as they hoped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom