• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Random question, but what’s one of the worst voice overs you’ve seen for a big project?

Probably one character from FNAF for me. She sounds like she swallowed a bunch of saliva but it got stuck in her throat.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lzbzC-m46H8
Who thought that this was a good idea for the voice? And I haven’t even begun to mention how dead inside and bored she sounds. This is a 30 dollar game I want some better quality.
Too easy.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Random question, but what’s one of the worst voice overs you’ve seen for a big project?
Okay. I know I make too many Resident Evil posts, but you can't just toss the ball right over the plate like that.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Probably one character from FNAF for me. She sounds like she swallowed a bunch of saliva but it got stuck in her throat.
Who thought that this was a good idea for the voice? And I haven’t even begun to mention how dead inside and bored she sounds. This is a 30 dollar game I want some better quality.
mega man 8 is beautiful
https://youtu.be/pmMispgpUs0

D

Deleted member

A lot of PS1/PS2 era Capcom stuff
Like this
Or this classic

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Every time that I listen to these I have to remind myself that a big company gave the okay on these, and that makes it even funnier.
Eh, VA wasn't really that big of a deal in the PS1/early PS2 era, compared to now atleast.

It's really games like MGS2 that video games company began to take VA more seriously for their games.

D

Deleted member

I saw that cooked Wooloo image and I am a little upset at whoever sent that.
Dang, some of you are really hungry for attention, and go way too far.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I saw that cooked Wooloo image and I am a little upset at whoever sent that.
Dang, some of you are really hungry for attention, and go way too far.
That was a joke mate.

Magikarp are cooked in the Pokémon canon don’t really see how this is any different besides the fact that Wooloo is cuter.

Last edited:

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace

Noob Saibot in MK 11.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Pokkén Tournament, hands down. Bamco handling the gameplay aside, and factoring in that they were getting primarily Japanese voice actors to speak English, the translation team still did such a half-assed job with giving very specific instructions for things delivery/dialogue/etc to the point where it seems like it's supposed to be so bad that it's good. It's to the point that it is a meme within the competitive community to refuse to play without the in game language option set to Japanese Nia, or no in game commentary at all.

And none of this is even touching on the beauty that best character in the game, Travis.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
One thing with Steve that has been vastly overlooked and underestimated is his actual look and appearance.

No, I am not taking about the pixelated design. I am referring to the fact that his arms and legs are complete rectangles.

Vaanrose has mentioned it before and has more experience in game design than I do, but hands and feet are enlarged in fighting games to make sure that he hitboxes work, and that the layer can see what they’re doing. This is consistent in pretty much every single character.

Steve has rectangle hands that are consistent in shape for the entire arm. It doesn’t work.

The fact that he’s a gaming icon is great, but again, this is a video game. It has to function properly and...there are plenty of gaming icons out there. Banjo, while not being a gaming icon NOW, could be seen as an N64 icon, not that that compares to iconic status of other characters.

Basically, game design trumps everything. Don’t take it from me though, take it from people that know better.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
overwatch 2 confirmed by jason schreier baby

it's 2014 again

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So here's something interesting
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Overwatch 2 confirmed?

D

Deleted member

Okay. I know I make too many Resident Evil posts, but you can't just toss the ball right over the plate like that.

yOu wErE aLmOsT a jILl sAnDWICh
View attachment 226311

I knew the graphics had improved, but looking at a direct comparison

Wow
DANGGGGG....

Now that’s impressive.

Pokkén Tournament, hands down. Bamco handling the gameplay aside, and factoring in that they were getting primarily Japanese voice actors to speak English, the translation team still did such a half-***** job with giving very specific instructions for things delivery/dialogue/etc to the point where it seems like it's supposed to be so bad that it's good. It's to the point that it is a meme within the competitive community to refuse to play without the in game language option set to Japanese Nia, or no in game commentary at all.

And none of this is even touching on the beauty that best character in the game, Travis.
The VAs are focusing way to much on the voice and not... Well... Emoting. It’s called voice acting for a reason.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what if rather then a new Banjo game we get remakes of the first two games?

Would you guys still be up for that and given Nintendo's and Microsoft's relationship ends up even porting them to the Switch.

KMDP

Smash Legend
There it is.

@Mythra , staindgrey staindgrey , IsmaR IsmaR ,@AndreaAC ,@redfeatherraven , KMDP KMDP ,@Dyllybirdy , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! ,@KarneraMythos

Marsa Mizuki is done!
View attachment 226092
In both her Gi & the outfit she wear underneath it!

Some details here, she is blind, which is why her eyes are closed, and she lost both of her legs at a very young age, forcing her father to help her or else she die. While she managed to survive, she was still blind and felt weak due to being unable to prevent what happened. Since her eyes couldn't be replaced without fear of killing her, her father instead send Marsa to a old master far away and normally hidden from all, and to his training, Marsa was able to learn a technique that allow her to feel other presences through the beat of their hearts, alongside (a few years later, when she come back on her own) a arsenal of martial technique that made her into the powerful warrior she is now.

In fact, she is the main heroine of one my project, and her really simple design is to make her more reltable and make the more strange & unique opponent to stand out more, she isn't the only human in my story, but she is certainly one of the most "normal" out of them, because, yeah, my characters usually aren't too normal in one way or another, even the more sane of them.

In all cases, I hope you enjoy!
Nice!

I like it. *thumbs up*

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
In another news though. I just went out to pick up a book I had ordered called The Great Zoo of China and then went to one of my local malls and found out the release dates for when Shazam! and Missing Link comes out on disc.

Shazam! is July 16th and Missing Link is July 23rd. Can't wait!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Apparently Grookey has some sort of secret energy or whatnot.
This is some real Jojo stand ****.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nice!

I like it. *thumbs up*
woah, calm down on the compliment dude, or else, peoples think you're shilling my work!

something something insert sarcasm here

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
She announced it on her twitter and that there's no bad blood, I honestly want to know what the **** happened to cause that
That's a shame. She's quickly become one of my favorites.

Particularly after Laura Bailey basically divorced the anime and games industries. Side note, I'm legitimately looking forward to Bailey's performance as Kait in Gears 5. Gears 4's characters were really overlooked.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Apparently Grookey has some sort of secret energy or whatnot.
This is some real Jojo stand ****.
Stick's definitely gonna become some cool staff looking thing and he's gonna be sun wukong inspired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom