• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Actually, wasn't it only pulled out of the e-Sport deal due to it not making alot in the e-Sport section or something like that? I think HotS is still being updated, including with new characters. The latest character is Anduin who apparently came out on April 30th.
A bunch of the staff was put on different projects, even the dude who did the voice overs for the hero showcases. What's being done with the game right now is great, but it'll be dead within a year or two.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The VAs are focusing way to much on the voice and not... Well... Emoting. It’s called voice acting for a reason.
As I said, they're likely doing what they're being told. TPCi/GameFreak (Nintendo to a certain extent as well) have very specific ways they want things to be, with it meant to be catering to the core audience (kids or not, "family friendly" is usually the overseas target).

Even the one English speaking presenter during the latest Direct came out and said "I don't actually speak like that normally"

I get why they do it, it just upsets me they don't give it the same effort/regard they do in Japan. But that may be purely preference on my part.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
WHAT THE **** IGA WANTED TO MAKE GAMES OF THE BATTLE OF 1999 WITH JULIUS BELMONT AT THE PROTAGONIST NOOOOOOOO
Oh yeah, his recent update said the 1999 Julius story and another game were something he wanted to make when he was still working at Konami. I wonder what the other game would've been about.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
There's tons of great games to choose from anyway :)
You're right about that. I wouldn't even be upset about Tracer getting in if they properly develop her moveset. I just prefer Arthas to the rest, that's all.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

No.

No it is not.
Never ask me anything from me ever again.
1.png

Tho, for real, I do have a idea of what a "Midnight Bliss'd" Hota would look like, or even a TG Hota would look like (and trust me, it would be much, MUCH more sexy than one might imagine), but I don't think I start the idea until I have a bunch of my other OC done, so we see in the future I guess.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I’m a fan of the Ann version.
View attachment 226315
I have a higher res version somewhere, but I couldn’t find it.
Also, if we get any good Morgana reaction images, let me know.
i actually havent seen many Morgana memes
As I said, they're likely doing what they're being told. TPCi/GameFreak (Nintendo to a certain extent as well) have very specific ways they want things to be, with it meant to be catering to the core audience (kids or not, "family friendly" is usually the overseas target).

Even the one English speaking presenter during the latest Direct came out and said "I don't actually speak like that normally"

I get why they do it, it just upsets me they don't give it the same effort/regard they do in Japan. But that may be purely preference on my part.
I mean you saw what happend with swery. Id rather someone talk slow and be translated then talk fast and make the translater look like an ass

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Random question, but what’s one of the worst voice overs you’ve seen for a big project?

Probably one character from FNAF for me. She sounds like she swallowed a bunch of saliva but it got stuck in her throat.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lzbzC-m46H8
Who thought that this was a good idea for the voice? And I haven’t even begun to mention how dead inside and bored she sounds. This is a 30 dollar game I want some better quality.
Ronda Rousey as Sonya in MK11
She's completely incapable of acting, there's no benefit to getting her in to replace Sonya's previous VA.
If they wanted brand expansion (MK is already huge ffs) then they've got their DLC guest characters to do it with their actual actors.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I mean you saw what happend with swery. Id rather someone talk slow and be translated then talk fast and make the translater look like an ***
I would say that's a fair point if the CEO of Niantic did the same during the press conference last week, but they would more or less just speak normally and take long pauses after finishing sentences instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom