• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yes, I was not aware until just now.
I am uncultured.

Makes sense.
Dang, you are really good at sprite editing and making.
It's really not hard.

All I did was just put Hota head here.
Hota Head.gif

On top of Lilith head on all frames of the animation.

Tho, speaking of edit, and before I go to dreamland.
Alicia Marsa temp.gif

Here is a somewhat nice palette swap for ya all, not the great, but hey, still pretty neato imo. It's Marsa skin & hair colors btw.

tagging KarneraMythos KarneraMythos , Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! & @Taylor F just in case.

With all that said, I wish you all a good night, see ya tomorrow.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ronda Rousey as Sonya in MK11
She's completely incapable of acting, there's no benefit to getting her in to replace Sonya's previous VA.
If they wanted brand expansion (MK is already huge ffs) then they've got their DLC guest characters to do it with their actual actors.
IMO they ruined both Cassie and Sonya. I have no idea why they replaced either previous actor. And the visual redesigns making them look so similar + time travel making them the same age just made it all the more confusing.

Oh and also yes Ronda Rousey can't act at all.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I do hope there's some DLC characyrr that appeals to me somehow. Joker, Erdrick, and if rumors are true,
Banjo
just fail to appeal to me the same way Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu did in Smash 4. I have nothing against them, I'm just not as interested into their series (though DQ does have my curiosity).

Also, 100% unrelated, but did you guys hear that
Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4
was leaked?

At the cost of a new Starcraft game

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Also, 100% unrelated, but did you guys hear that
Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4
was leaked?

At the cost of a new Starcraft game
Wait.

That wasn't a joke?

I thought Overwatch would be like TF2 and just kind of... exist forever.

The only way I'll get hyped for a sequel is if they give us more story campaigns that aren't seasonal. Co-op campaigns and Lucioball have been my favorite parts of the game and I only get to play them in certain parts of the year.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
IMO they ruined both Cassie and Sonya. I have no idea why they replaced either previous actor. And the visual redesigns making them look so similar + time travel making them the same age just made it all the more confusing.

Oh and also yes Ronda Rousey can't act at all.
I think cassie looks better than she did in 10, even though I still can't stand her.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Wait.

That wasn't a joke?

The only way I'll get hyped for a sequel is if they give us more story campaigns that aren't seasonal. Co-op campaigns and Lucioball have been my favorite parts of the game and I only get to play them in certain parts of the year.
it's jason schreier leaking it so it's as good as confirmed

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
An Overwatch 2 seems kinda pointless tbh

Isn't Overwatch one of those games they just updated constantly?

This is like if they were to announce a Minecraft 2. Like what's the point?

And that's not even mentioning the fact that people spent hours and money into the first Overwatch...

Gonna be kinda irritating for all of that stuff to become completely moot when the second one comes around

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wait.

That wasn't a joke?

Nope. Not joking. I'm assuming people were losing interest in OW due to BRs like Fortnite and PUBG (Dead game, I think) so they made a sequel to capture their audience. Though idk HOW a sequel can work without a story mode and modes, because if it's just characters and maps, then it's pointless

Also, there's still some prominent issues within OW, so I'm wary of it

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Gonna be kinda irritating for all of that stuff to become completely moot when the second one comes around
The rallying cry for disgruntled gamers in the age of games-as-a-service, loot shooters, microtransactions and regular full-priced sequels that render all that moot.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I do hope there's some DLC characyrr that appeals to me somehow. Joker, Erdrick, and if rumors are true,
Banjo
just fail to appeal to me the same way Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu did in Smash 4. I have nothing against them, I'm just not as interested into their series (though DQ does have my curiosity).
Honestly man, if those 2 are who gets revealed at E3 then this fighter pass really appeals to me.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
yeah, i'm a gamer

g - being
a - forced
m - to
e - rebuy
r - everything

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly man, if those 2 are who gets revealed at E3 then this fighter pass really appeals to me.
I mean, I'm still gonna buy it regardless, and I am happy for those who find a character they like. And hey, maybe I'll get into their series at some point (Probably DQ if anything).

But as of now, I'm indifferent to these characters. That also includes Joker, since the only thing I know about his series is that it has a good soundtrack and... he's a thief.

Regardless, I bet they would have a cool moveset. Possibly.

D

Deleted member

Can't wait until they announce Team Fortress 3 where none of the purchases transfer over and it's now paid.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They're gonna announce Splatoon 3, but every new weapon and gear via updates is now required to be purchased through lootboxes.

I'm sorry, Splatboxes.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Just watch, someone at Blizzard's gonna respond to the backlash by simply asking "Do you guys not already buy sequels?"

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I mean, I'm still gonna buy it regardless, and I am happy for those who find a character they like. And hey, maybe I'll get into their series at some point (Probably DQ if anything).

But as of now, I'm indifferent to these characters. That also includes Joker, since the only thing I know about his series is that it has a good soundtrack and... he's a thief.

Regardless, I bet they would have a cool moveset. Possibly.
Well Dragon Quest 11 is gonna be on the Switch so you can get that when it releases sometime after.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Just watch, someone at Blizzard's gonna respond to the backlash by simply saying "Do you guys not already buy sequels?"
I hope we get a guy saying "You guys really need to check your calendars when planning your April Fool's jokes".

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well Dragon Quest 11 is gonna be on the Switch so you can get that when it releases sometime after.
I can probably get it on my PS4 as well.

Also, I feel like the only person who would be somewhat excited for Erdrick, if what they said about his moveset potential is true.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So if banjo is in what’s his trailer gonna be? Let’s hear some ideas.

Here’s mine:

It starts out as the dk rap and when you think it’s over, the lights dim, and an insane banjo solo happens.
Everyone is shocked as:

“Banjo and Kazooie make a rare appearance!”

Yes this is not happening but would be funny considering they aren’t about to put lots of money into a cgi trailer. So saving money by reusing something would be kind of funny

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Here’s mine:

It starts out as the dk rap and when you think it’s over, the lights dim, and an insane banjo solo happens.
Everyone is shocked as:

Yes this is not happening but would be funny considering they aren’t about to put lots of money into a cgi trailer. So saving money by reusing something would be kind of funny
Ok but, why the DK rap? Seems odd for a Banjo trailer.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Noob Saibot in MK 11.
Dr. Claw at least puts in emotion. Sonya's voice acting was legit baffling. Never get a non-actor to voice act man, it never works.

Also the Narrator from Tekken 7's story mode. That was PS1 Capcom levels of bad, but without the cheesiness.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Here’s mine:

Everyone is shocked as:

grant kirkhope plays spiral mountain on a banjo while dressed in a bear suit for three minutes straight

then he wishes the audience a smashing good time and the trailer ends with a single date in august on a black screen

no further explanation is given

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean it's basically confirmed at this point that Joker getting an elaborate trailer was the exception. Anyone else is likely getting an in-engine trailer like the Smash 4 DLC and Piranha Plant got.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
grand kirkhope plays spiral mountain on a banjo while dressed in a bear suit for three minutes straight

then he wishes the audience a smashing good time and the trailer ends with a single date in august on a black screen

no further explanation is given
Then halfway through it cuts to Grant Kirkhope worshipping the Bear of Stringed Instruments.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh no, I WANT a Diablo 4. Holy **** do I want a D4, fam.

And that's not spoilers because it was already confirmed previously.:V

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Joker is shown running in Ultimate
>Kasumi then appears behind chasing him
>Fade to black
>A "yeeeaaaah boooye" is heard somewhere from England

Save this tweet

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
>Joker is shown running in Ultimate
>Kasumi then appears behind chasing him
>Fade to black
>A "yeeeaaaah boooye" is heard somewhere from England

Save this tweet
mythra this isn't a tweet

how much longer will you continue to mislead the public?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Of course I was the last post, but anyway...
About the Overwatch 2 thing, I wouldn't be surprised if "Overwatch 2" was just a working title and not the actual title. And regarding it, by what the guy described about how it is very PvE heavy and how some Blizzard employees compared it to Left for Dead, I wouldn't be surprised if this is possibly Blizzard's answer to fans regarding PvE and Overwatch, as Jeff did mention that PvE in Overwatch would more than likely happen as a new game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom