• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Keep in mind that percentage predictions don’t actually reflect the chances they have, this is why the “Rate Their Chances” thread stopped jiving with me for Ultimate.

Basically, boiling down the “chances” of a given character to a percentage doesn’t really mean anything, especially when the percentages were given based on arbitrary material. As in, for Ultimate if I recall, Daisy was rated at 60% by one person, but 10% by another because, “Nobody asked for her” or something.

Plus, if a character has a 50% chance/likelihood, then it’s being argued that they’ve got a better shot than the lower 50% but worse shot than the upper 50%. By this I mean, above 50% isn’t bad like users would claim it was. It’s better than average, meaning scores where folks were giving 70% and what not meant the character had a really good shot, not the horrible chances they suspected.
You’re absolutely right, Joliosis Scones.

Anyway, Crash has 100% chances because I say so :dazwa:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Since we don't know what to expect for the second wave of DLC, I'll make a bold claim and say Bandana Waddle Dee is the most likely character. There's no way Sakurai and Nintendo aren't aware of his popularity (going by the poll from back in Sm4sh, Dee is the most popular character in Japan to not be on the roster), and Sakurai himself said he wanted to keep satisfying Smash fans. Nintendo picking the DLC also gives me the idea he'll be chosen.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Anyway, FP opinions?

:ultjoker: Didn't do it for me. Sorry. It's weird, I like playing Sheik so playing their upgrade should be great, but Joker just honestly didn't feel as rewarding to play. Maybe I'll try again sometime, but for right now Joker just ain't it for me.

:ulthero: I can't pretend they aren't horribly designed lmao. I love the ever evolving, hectic nature of playing them though. I love popping my menu in the heat of the moment and thinking fast about what among what it's given me is best for the situation. They really are a wild card, it's just a shame that they have no actual base to rely on and have to pray to RNGesus.

:ultbanjokazooie: Recently put my thoughts here already, so without being too repetitive, I'll just say they're probably the best designed fighter of the pass. I say this without bias, I think objectively they are the least gimmicky, most consistent fighter on the pass. As others have said, they are rock solid. also Banjo is better than Joker because he doesn't need an imaginary friend to get kills, he has a real one that has his back at all times.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
also Banjo is better than Joker because he doesn't need an imaginary friend to get kills, he has a real one that has his back at all times.
>he thinks stands are imaginary friends

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
:ultjoker:: Simply amazing. He brought the best stage, some of the best music, and Persona 5’s representation is amazing. The fighter is also fun.

:ulthero:: The Hero brings a whole other kind of craziness into Smash that I love. The music is okay, and so is the representation. The stage is amazing, though.

:ultbanjokazooie:: Easily the best fighter. He also has some of the best music, and one of the best stages.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
:ultjoker:: Simply amazing. He brought the best stage, some of the best music, and Persona 5’s representation is amazing. The fighter is also fun.

:ulthero:: The Hero brings a whole other kind of craziness into Smash that I love. The music is okay, and so is the representation. The stage is amazing, though.

:ultbanjokazooie:: Easily the best fighter. He also has some of the best music, and one of the best stages.
finally, positively for all three of them

D

Deleted member

:ultjoker: - Never played Persona 5 myself, but Joker is pretty fun to play. Nice concept, great stage, great music. All around worth it.

:ulthero: - Never played Dragon Quest either, but Hero is crazy, and I can’t help but love it, A little weaker as far as stage and music, imo, but still great!

:ultbanjokazooie: - Really fun to play, has neat, unique moves, an amazing OST, and everything about him oozes charm.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I agree with this assessment wholeheartedly. Even characters I wasn’t excited for have turned out really well.

Eager to see where it goes from here. Although I wish we had more details. I know they don’t wanna show us stuff till it’s ready, Terry’s condition is probably the earliest condition they can show off a fighter in. It’s just.... I don’t like the huge void of uncertainty.

Also, has anyone else noticed that Banjo and Kazooie’s stock icon looks like the cover of Nuts and Bolts?

D

Deleted member

I'm just going to leave this here because I haven't actually tried any of the dlc characters, so I don't have an opinion on them.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

I too agree. That’s a Smash 4 reps of the DLC franchises was nice but Ultimate blows it out of the water. You can tell that the content created for Smash was truly made with love and care. I am excited to see what they do for Terry/Fatal Fury/King of Fighters as well as the last fighter pack. I hope they can keep up this momentum and love of the series to the next “season” of fighter dlc.

That’s my main worry is they will skip corners with this next batch.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
My right Joycon drifts like a son of a ***** now. The thing's not even that old...

Just great. -_-

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
:ultpiranha:: Really unexpected, I wanted to main him but he honestly just wasn't fun.

:ultjoker:: I love Persona the most aesthetically, I think joker's pretty cool gameplay wise as well. I mained him for awhile but stopped when I realized I wasn't really enjoying him though.

:ulthero:: Really cool, not really into dragon quest but this dude is easily the most fun character in the pass. I've had a blast with him.

:ultbanjokazooie:: I thought he would be boring, but he's actually a lot of fun despite being so simple. Considering maining him but probably won't.

:ult_terry:: Would've preferred some birds (Falco when Sakurai?) but Terry ended up being one of my favorite characters. I thought the input system would bog him down but he's actually more fun because of it, instant main.

:ultpyramidhead:: Don't know too much about Silent Hill but was really surprised that Sakurai put this geometric dude in. Didn't have too much fun playing him but I respect how much love was put into this character, you can see Sakurai really loves this series.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Since we don't know what to expect for the second wave of DLC, I'll make a bold claim and say Bandana Waddle Dee is the most likely character. There's no way Sakurai and Nintendo aren't aware of his popularity (going by the poll from back in Sm4sh, Dee is the most popular character in Japan to not be on the roster), and Sakurai himself said he wanted to keep satisfying Smash fans. Nintendo picking the DLC also gives me the idea he'll be chosen.
Bold indeed. I’d argue the opposite honestly.

Nintendo chose the DLC the first time, and we got a pass entirely made of 3rd party characters. In addition, he said he wanted to satisfy “the fans”. Not just Smash fans.

Bandanna Waddle Dee also doesn’t expand the crossover, which is a key part of what Sakurai has found so special in not only the base game, but as a part of the DLC as well. If you ask me, just having the popularity isn’t enough.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
:ultjoker: - Excellent stage, tons of great details like the fantastic music changing the colour of the stage and victory screen and the AOA art if it finishes the fight. Moveset is super fun to use.

:ulthero: - Boring stage but there's still lots of effort put in. Music is a complete travesty and they're a complete mess in terms of moveset.

:ultbanjokazooie: - Boring moveset and stage. Music is alright. Still lots of cool details regardless.

:ult_terry: I'm about to bustah wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom