• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Everyone is hungry for sword and Shield and I just want DQXI already
The last time we got a full Dragon Quest game with voice acting and a full fledged story was Dragon Quest 8 in bloody 2004. I'm excited to get to 11 eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Hey does anyone here still unironically think bandana dee will get in
I do think with us now having DLC, that was planned after the game was released, in development, that his chances went from 0% to like 10%. It's possible now at least. The chances still aren't too great with how Sakurai seems to be implying that he's still bringing new franchises to Smash in DLC past the fighters pass, but I'll let the sliver of hope reside for now.

I mean he's kinda my one shot at getting 3/5 in my banner instead of 2/5 so I gotta have a little hope.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I do think with us now having DLC, that was planned after the game was released, in development, that his chances went from 0% to like 10%. It's possible now at least. The chances still aren't too great with how Sakurai seems to be implying that he's still bringing new franchises to Smash in DLC past the fighters pass, but I'll let the sliver of hope reside for now.
I'd give him a higher score than just 10%, especially since we have nothing to go off of yet and people are just assuming things.

30% to 40% seems more fair considering how he's extremely popular and Kirby hasn't gotten a character in the past two games.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I'd give him a higher score than just 10%, especially since we have nothing to go off of yet and people are just assuming things.

30% to 40% seems more fair considering how he's extremely popular and Kirby hasn't gotten a character in the past two games.
See, not making assumptions is why I'm sticking with 10% for now though. If we get first party DLC, I would be really happy and I would then think his chances have gone up dramatically. But I would rather not set those expectations given there's no precedent for first party DLC for this game (Plant was a bonus, essentially the same as an NRS pre-order, they don't count), and so for now, given our current pattern and what little we have to go off of, I'm going with 10%.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey does anyone here still unironically think bandana dee will get in
Depends on whether or not Spirits are on the table for Wave 2 DLC.

And if they are, he's honestly a prime candidate. He's was one of the more talked about characters in speculation that have just a spirit iirc.

And Japan does love Waddle Dees (and Kirby in general).

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think Bandana Dee has a higher chance than most first party characters, outside of Pokemon and Fire Emblem. If we see any first party characters, it'll probably be from the latter series, but I personally prefer Bandana Dee and Dixie from series that are less represented, as well as new series such as Golden Sun. Still, I think that chance is low, even if it's slightly raised by more DLC--non-veteran, non-promotional first party characters just seem more likely for base games. Just depends on how long they want to go for and what structure future DLC has.

Also, Tweek's :ultbanjokazooie: is awesome--was so nail biting until the end, and so cathartic to see Tweek pull it off.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don’t touch Joker, he gives me cramps.

Hero is alright I guess

Banjo Kazooie is like, the best thing ever. Like everything about them just works for me. Okay the jumps could be better but besides that! Even their victory animations are top notch, they’re so full of joy! And their animations in battle are so interesting. Like when Banjo’s tottering on a ledge, Kazooie will flap frantically trying to get back. Or when they swing the bat and Kazooie will pop out and try to see how far he hit it. They’re just so much more expressive! They’re just the best, dude. Insta main, so glad they’re here, Guh-huh.

FC35ED9E-03D1-4CCD-BD33-F47DAFE7486C.gif

D

Deleted member

I don’t touch Joker, he gives me cramps.

Hero is alright I guess

Banjo Kazooie is like, the best thing ever. Like everything about them just works for me. Okay the jumps could be better but besides that! Even their victory animations are top notch, they’re so full of joy! And their animations in battle are so interesting. Like when Banjo’s tottering on a ledge, Kazooie will flap frantically trying to get back. Or when they swing the bat and Kazooie will pop out and try to see how far he hit it. They’re just so much more expressive! They’re just the best, dude. Insta main, so glad they’re here, Guh-huh.

View attachment 238387
Exactly why I main them. Not only are they fun and interesting, but they’re just so full of emotion.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
All the DLC is pretty nice so far, but I play Banjo and Joker more then hero because I love their playstyles a lot.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I find all three of the DLC fighters to be an absolute joy to play as, but Joker is the only one that I have any kind of emotional attachment to. Love Persona 5 to death.

Despite not being exposed to the series until now, I still love Banjo being in Smash and playing him makes me happy. I just really hope that Rare Replay ends up on Switch someday...

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
:ultjoker: Was glad to see him in, if anything for the aesthetics and music. Didn't really like playing him at first, though, however once I understood the meter mechanic, became much more easier to use, and fun.

:ulthero: I still think they're unnecessarily overpowered--even taking RNG out of it, their special moves are stupid powerful. Still, since I play with items on, it's a character kind of up my alley, and leads to a lot of unexpected fun. Definitely prefer Three and Eight (stock... icons...).

:ultbanjokazooie: My dream character, and don't really care for much of the criticisms, as they're pretty much faithfully adapted from their games, the main differences being to balance them (hard to deal with a flying character with tons of projectiles that's speedy on the ground and has 500 moves at their disposal and an invincibility move). They were able to tone a lot of that down where it makes sense--give them three okay-ish jumps with a lot more vertical movement, make the eggs weaker over time, make them have an above average running speed, make them sluggish but heavy, and severely limit their invincibility move. Overall, the drawbacks make Banjo & Kazooie a much more balanced character. Like their games, they're a jack of all trades, master of none, and I'd much rather that than a broken character.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Since everyone else is talking about DLC.

:ultjoker: is a character that I enjoy playing from time to time. Although, I don't feel like playing him too often.
Competitively, he's a very combo heavy character with below-average kill power... until Arsene of course. And while I do like that sudden change, I don't like relying on Arsene meter too much as a player.

:ulthero: is.... something alright. Causally, he's probably the best character just to **** around w/ for laughs.
Competitively I hate this character w/ a burning passion and will never play him unless through random. He's super inconsistent and that ain't for me (or most people tbh).

:ultbanjokazooie: is honestly my favorite of the FP DLC characters to play as, both causally and competitively. Hands down. Although he'll probably be a pocket pick at best for me. He's also pretty solid; not great, not bad, no overly gimmicky play style. Just right.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I just logged on to Pokémon Masters after a while of being inactive, and I just got 6,000 gems. Not sure why, but cool.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, here's a totally-not-a-meme video that is totally-not-Rank10ygo and is TOADally awesome!
Turn on captions btw.

(No but seriously though, Rata makes some really good content. 10/10 would reccomend)

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Depends on whether or not Spirits are on the table for Wave 2 DLC.

And if they are, he's honestly a prime candidate. He's was one of the more talked about characters in speculation that have just a spirit iirc.

And Japan does love Waddle Dees (and Kirby in general).
He and Geno are prime candidates for the Piranha Plant treatment imo.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Hey guys, here's a totally-not-a-meme video that is totally-not-Rank10ygo and is TOADally awesome!

(No but seriously though, Rata makes some really good content. 10/10 would reccomend)
Eh...

That's a pretty low quality meme, mate.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Keep in mind that percentage predictions don’t actually reflect the chances they have, this is why the “Rate Their Chances” thread stopped jiving with me for Ultimate.

Basically, boiling down the “chances” of a given character to a percentage doesn’t really mean anything, especially when the percentages were given based on arbitrary material. As in, for Ultimate if I recall, Daisy was rated at 60% by one person, but 10% by another because, “Nobody asked for her” or something.

Plus, if a character has a 50% chance/likelihood, then it’s being argued that they’ve got a better shot than the lower 50% but worse shot than the upper 50%. By this I mean, above 50% isn’t bad like users would claim it was. It’s better than average, meaning scores where folks were giving 70% and what not meant the character had a really good shot, not the horrible chances they suspected.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I couldn't find it in me to keep playing pokemon masters. It gives you Brock right from the start, so there's literally no goals to work towards since you already have the best character

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the virgin percentage and polls

the chad "everyone has a chance"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom