• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Mac's problem is that regardless of your skill level it's basically impossible to challenge him on the ground or up-close because he's incredibly volatile and is going to beat out almost everything you try. You have to lame him out in order to win, something that ends up being fun for neither the Mac player or the person playing against them. It's a shame how he turned out because he was the Smash 4 newcomer I was most excited for.
The most funny thing was when everyone discovered that if you wanted to take out Mac, jusf back throw him and hit him with one aerial, and he's done for.

And then they NERFED his recovery.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
...Which is funny, seeing as how damn near all of the roster is composed of characters that were created in, you guessed it, Japan.
Yep, except for three from Britain, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie.

And our all-American girl:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Mac's problem is that regardless of your skill level it's basically impossible to challenge him on the ground or up-close because he's incredibly volatile and is going to beat out almost everything you try. You have to lame him out in order to win, something that ends up being fun for neither the Mac player or the person playing against them. It's a shame how he turned out because he was the Smash 4 newcomer I was most excited for.
Just shield, Mac can do **** all against shields as the balance team forgot a good ground game requires a somewhat decent grab game

Galaxyman

Smash Journeyman
training stage leaning combos with Ken til I drop
as a zelda main, i would ideally just shield and elevator him with big wind move

D

Deleted member

Just shield, Mac can do **** all against shields as the balance team forgot a good ground game requires a somewhat decent grab game
I know how to beat Mac, beating him isn't the problem, the problem is that both his design and playing against him are boring as ****.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Member when we thought we could take the Wii U gamepad onto the bathroom with us? But you couldn’t because the connection would get screwy?

Well we can with the Switch.

The future is now.

D

Deleted member

That was kind of my point, his design literally does not and can not work as intended in a game like Smash. Mac is one of the few characters I feel needs a complete overhaul
The perfect Little Mac redraft. You can only land attacks after successfully spot dodging or perfect shielding opponent's attacks. Only then can you deliver punches for 1% damage each.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Member when we thought we could take the Wii U gamepad onto the bathroom with us? But you couldn’t because the connection would get screwy?

Well we can with the Switch.

The future is now.
If by "the future," you mean the far-off, apocalyptic wastelands of 2002. Improvise, adapt, overcome.
Side note I just noticed he's playing the first Spider-Man movie game, which was one of the three games I got with my GameCube for Christmas, and that game's super legit and underrated.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

thats how sakurai would design him nowadays seeing how faithfully he recreates characters like k rool or belmonts
If your opponent takes a stock, you must mash the a and b-button before ten seconds or else you lose the game.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Little Mac wouldn't seem as bad if there weren't so many other characters who have an impressive recovery on top of already good power and speed. There's very little reason to choose Mac when you could pick a slightly less powerful character who can recover for days.

I don't think they need to make his recovery good per say, but at least give him a fighting chance once he's airborne.

D

Deleted member

Little Mac wouldn't seem as bad if there weren't so many other characters who have an impressive recovery on top of already good power and speed. There's very little reason to choose Mac when you could pick a slightly less powerful character who can recover for days.

I don't think they need to make his recovery good per say, but at least give him a fighting chance once he's airborne.
Here's my reason. 8 player Smash Pac-land. It sounds like a bad idea, and it is, but then you realize there are few pitfalls in Pacland and a whole lot of small blast zones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Idk man Ganon has more raw power than Mac and is ACTUALLY able to convert and combo, not to mention his recovery is godlike when compared to Mac's alongside his weight. Only advantage Mac has is armour on Smash attacks

D

Deleted member

People be saying they don't want Mario for Smash even though he redefined the law of physics with his amazing speedrunning tech and helped shaped anime into what it is today. People just have no respect for the classics.

M1kIc5J.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom