• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
What do you do with what?

TF2's a game not everyone's gonna like to be brutally honest.

It's a game which is made to be super mobile and lots of twitch aiming, but as the game currently stands right now, nothing's blatantly overpowered and all the classes are pretty fine tuned.

Sure, Soldier's arguably 'the best' class, or Scout maybe, but they're not soo oppressive that they're unfair or unfun to play against.

TF2's basically made for people who love old-school FPS where your movespeed is sonic speed, but not 'too' fast.
What I meant was I wasn't sure how to respond.

Well, my aiming is crappy as heck so twitch aiming's gonna cause me to be even worse than usual.

By balance I meant balance in matches. Match-making. Team vs. team in skill level.

And I was playing it with a friend because I've been dying to spend some kind of quality time with someone today, because the online game that I'm actually competent at (Overwatch) wasn't being played by *any* of my friends today, for various reasons. So, after attempting for 3 hours to form up a group, I just gave up and decided to play TF2. Because there was nothing else and I was in dire need of interaction.

To be frank, today and the past few days have been pretty freaking crappy. And this whole thing has made things just a little more confusing than before.

D

Deleted member

I'm not gonna include keyboard setup because I'm a newbie to the game so I'm not gonna count that against it.

It's moreso how uber-sensitive character movement is and poor game balancing. I felt like I barely got to play when I was playing with KoP today, and with how the characters move 50 feet which just a quick flash press of a button, it can feel downright unplayable sometimes.

And the past few days have been kind of crappy, so the whole ability to escape and just have fun kinda didn't happen when I wish it did.
TF2 has a pretty steep learning curve (it's more like a cliff honestly) and is more focused on individual skill, movement, and how well you can deathmatch other players than other hero shooters, so it's not something everybody is gonna like and it's not very friendly to new players. I'd recommend giving Soldier a go if you ever want to try again, it's not hard to learn how to do very rudimentary rocket jumps (just jump and crouch at the same time and shoot at your feet) and it's not hard to at least do okay with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
TF2 has a pretty steep learning curve (it's more like a cliff honestly) and is more focused on individual skill, movement, and how well you can deathmatch other players than other hero shooters, so it's not something everybody is gonna like and it's not very friendly to new players. I'd recommend giving Soldier a go if you ever want to try again, it's not hard to learn how to do very rudimentary rocket jumps (just jump and crouch at the same time and shoot at your feet) and it's not hard to at least do okay with him.
I sucked major chunks with all characters I played.
Soldier I just sucked slightly less with.

Soldier sucked
Spy sucked (although I did get a couple backstab kills at least)
Scout sucked
Sniper sucked the most, by far. It wasn't pretty.

Didn't bother with the others because I'd probably be even worse with them.

D

Deleted member

Don't forgot the fact that you can actually make money if your good enough. Hell during the Great Crate Depression of 2019, people were able to earn about $1000 on virtual items alone(although it wasen't hard cash, just steam wallet)

And then the economy nosedived.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just stayed up till 2:00am doing laundry and watching Steven Universe.

Life is weird. It has twists and turns. And you’re gonna be down way more than your up. But I don’t think I’m ready to get off the ride yet. Not now.

D

Deleted member

Don't forgot how the fact that you can actually make money if your good enough. Hell during the Great Crate Depression of 2019, people were able to earn about $1000 of virtual items alone(although it wasen't hard cash, just steam wallet)
Knowing how to game the economy and make money off of trading is a far different skillset than knowing how to play the game
I've seen many people with crazy-ass unusuals and loadouts that can't play for **** because they spend most of their time selling and buying items rather than playing actual matches

Shroob

Sup?
What I meant was I wasn't sure how to respond.

Well, my aiming is crappy as heck so twitch aiming's gonna cause me to be even worse than usual.

By balance I meant balance in matches. Match-making. Team vs. team in skill level.

And I was playing it with a friend because I've been dying to spend some kind of quality time with someone today, because the online game that I'm actually competent at (Overwatch) wasn't being played by *any* of my friends today, for various reasons. So, after attempting for 3 hours to form up a group, I just gave up and decided to play TF2. Because there was nothing else and I was in dire need of interaction.

To be frank, today and the past few days have been pretty freaking crappy. And this whole thing has made things just a little more confusing than before.
Ah, well yeah.

The majority of people who still play TF2 are either F2P people who just downloaded the game, or old school veterans who have been playing for years. Games are gonna feel lopsided since the game was never meant to have a dedicated matchmaking system, it was always meant to be a drop in/drop out experience, but Valve tried to push 'esports'.

D

Deleted member

Knowing how to game the economy and make money off of trading is a far different skillset than knowing how to play the game
I've seen many people with crazy-*** unusuals and loadouts that can't play for **** because they spend most of their time selling and buying items rather than playing actual matches
Yeah, but the option is there. Definitely alot harder than just learning to play the game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Funny right? But then further down. This happened.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
And it suddenly reminds you of how much the world sucks.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I miss my Voodoo Juju

Everyone said it was one of the ugliest hats in the game

But Halloween 2010 in TF2 was ****ing MAGICAL

D

Deleted member

I miss my Voodoo Juju

On the bright side at least you had it
You could be one of those complete idiots that made the Headless Horseman's Headtaker instead
Like me
I am that complete idiot

Shroob

Sup?
You could be one of those complete idiots that made the Headless Horseman's Headtaker instead
Like me
I am that complete idiot
I made both.

Haunted Metal was glitched for a bit after the update went live making them trade-able. :secretkpop:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I miss my Voodoo Juju

There's nothing quite like trying to defend and capture points on a haunted mansion while a literally axe-crazy giant headless horseman without a horse chases around both teams in mid-battle to chop their heads off.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Funny right? But then further down. This happened.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
And it suddenly reminds you of how much the world sucks.
Ha, jokes on them, my boi wasn't designed on paper. It was whatever this was supposed to be

Noipoi

Howdy!
Here’s what I spent a better part of the night sketching:
View attachment 238303
Which reminds me that I’m still trying to figure out how she’ll work as a Paper Mario partner for Peach. I have a couple ideas already:
Field Abilities
-She skates fast taking Peach’s hand and leading, Peach pulls out her parasol to slow her down
-She can make various plants in the overworld grow

Attacks
-Service: Daisy wacks a tennis ball to hit a single enemy

-Return: Daisy moves in front of Peach and prepares her racket to return any projectiles the enemies throw out in exchange for potentially taking damage meant for Peach

-Slap: Delivers a powerful slap to a single enemy

-Flower Power: Restores Flower Points

If anyone has any more ideas, please let me know.
If she doesn’t say Hi I’m Daisy at least once I swear fo god

Ha, jokes on them, my boi wasn't designed on paper. It was whatever this was supposed to be

Ostrich boi

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Like me
I am that complete idiot
Hey now. What's wrong with the Headtaker? :nessecho:

I'm so glad that's an emote now.

Don't forget the part where you scramble to run away and maybe get a melee hit on an emey player to tag them instead...only to die anyway because you ran straight into the enemy team's territory and died getting attacked by eight players just to tag one of them.

Or is it only me who does that?

Shroob

Sup?
Hey now. What's wrong with the Headtaker? :nessecho:

I'm so glad that's an emote now.

Don't forget the part where you scramble to run away and maybe get a melee hit on an emey player to tag them instead...only to die anyway because you ran straight into the enemy team's territory and died getting attacked by eight players just to tag one of them.

Or is it only me who does that?
Nah, I do the same thing lol

As soon as you hear that second and a half leitmotif

"EVERY MAN FOR HIS ****ING SELF"

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I sucked major chunks with all characters I played.
Soldier I just sucked slightly less with.

Soldier sucked
Spy sucked (although I did get a couple backstab kills at least)
Scout sucked
Sniper sucked the most, by far. It wasn't pretty.

Didn't bother with the others because I'd probably be even worse with them.
As a mediocre at best regular of TF2, if you feel like you're sagging along, Lazypurple has you covered. Start with this video, then watch what he's uploaded in his "How it Feels to Play" series. You'll get a feel with the game in no time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've been playing through Golden Sun for the first time these past few weeks and the game is absolutely incredible. The Music, The characters while they aren't the most intricate they're still very fun and charming, The Story is fun and interesting, Etc. Etc.

But I swear.. Isaac's AT does not do the dude justice not by a long shot. Sure it's serviceable and does it's job well but Isaac is so much more than just using the move "Move" over and over again. He can summon legendary deities, Control not only earth based skills but also other sorts of elements too like Fire, Water, Wind, Etc. He can rain down flaming swords, He can jump through the air like Incineroar's Up-B and slice down the opponents and the funny part is that's just the beginning of it.

The Assist Trophy does not do the dude justice and while maybe not all the moves I mentioned could be turned into Smash moves and apart of his moveset a good chunk could. Anyways I'll probably make a detailed post on why Golden Sun is in my top 10 favorite games ever and if you haven't already why you should play Golden Sun cause that series is so underrated..

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
To be fair, half thecast can do much more than their Smash moves would let you believe.

Meanwhile for some others, their Smash moves have more fight than the characters in the games themselves

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, Overwatch is all downloaded and stuff. Just need to wait for it to actually come out. I'm gonna be getting some bonus content because I pre purchased it, so that's cool.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Smash couldn't even get my boi to eat items :yoshi:

That **** still keeps me up at night...
Well at least they gave hin the Dragon ability which referenced all of his Shell powers from Super Mario World.

And of course the Egg Toss and turning people into eggs. It'd be funny to see him turn into a helicopter for his recovery, though.

D

Deleted member

Also did I mention the Golden Sun music was fantastic? Cause uh, The Golden Sun music is fantastic.

StormC

Smash Hero
Welp, I have now bought Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1-3, and Bloodbourne, all on sale over the last couple of years, for about $60 cumulatively.

How many have I played, you ask?

Zero!

I have a problem.

I'm going to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom