• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Mr.Ketchum, it's time to wake up. You've been in a coma for 20 years!

.....I actually do wonder if they're legit rebooting the anime now tho lol
I'm like 70 30 that Ash is gone.

One one hand, he's the face of the franchise for the most part.

On the other, quite a few people are tired of him, and the anime's numbers aren't great outside of Japan. Meanwhile stuff like Origins and Generations receives high praise and a lot of views.

The anime is also now set all over the place. Which makes it really unlikely we have one set protagonist, and more likely multiple. This could be a new chronicles type deal.

So you could make the point that Ash is iconic and they wouldn't abandon him, yet you could also argue its about time they did, and their protagonist designs have been becoming popular as of late, especially with masters. So moving to something seemingly just as profitable, may not be the worst risk for them to take.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
>Ash being gone.

Lol they would had done so long ago if that was the case. They've had him for 20 years now no way are they gonna do it now.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think what's going to happen is either that Ash will find some excuse to bumble on over to Gallar or he stays in Alola to deffend his title and is the final boss for the Alolan trainer.

Team Rocket, I can see them heading back to Kanto/Johto and antagonising the Pokemon Let's Go protagonists.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
That new Scoob movie that's coming out in 2020?

Scoob-Velma-First-Look.jpg

I think I'll like this. She lookin' goooooood. Can't wait to see Daph.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That new Scoob movie that's coming out in 2020?

I think I'll like this. She lookin' goooooood. Can't wait to see Daph.
Huh looks like it might stay true to Scooby-Doo's core unless the *Cough*live-action films*Cough*

What helps too it not being live-action. I just might give it a chance.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Censor dodging
Here's a picture i found on Know Your Meme:
464.png

Note: the one you saw before was removed for censor dodging, sorry about that.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I just realised something, as more characters are added, it takes longer for a tier list to be agreed upon in the community.

Maybe that's Sakurai's endgame, to keep adding character so that no one can be bottom tier.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They're gonna have a romantic subplot with her again to deny that Velma is a gay icon
I hope not. Wish they'd stop putting politic themes or elements in movies for more awareness when real life is enough and let a movie just be a movie for people to enjoy.

Star Wars
It: Chapter Two
Captain Marvel
Black Panther

Just to give a few examples.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
My video editing software is trying to tell me how to put memes into my videos...

Yeah, I think I'll pass.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I hope not. Wish they'd stop putting politic themes or elements in movies and let a movie just be a movie for more awareness.

Star Wars
Captain Marvel
Black Panther

And? All of them are good movies/franchises.

Also political elements don't make or break a film, how you incorporate them makes the difference.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And? All of them are good movies/franchises.

Also political elements don't make or break a film, how you incorporate them makes the difference.
Unpopular opinion here. I hate the new Star Wars films but you probably already know that, Captain Marvel is IMO the worst movie this year and worst MCU movie and I found It: Chapter Two to be underwhelming and disappointment given it how more of a comedy it was compared to the first.
Eddie being puked on with music briefly playing, too many **** jokes, doctor masturbating which was unncessary, etc.)

Black Panther I thought was average at best.

But without going into this again just going to agree to disagree if you guys otherwise enjoyed the first three.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope not. Wish they'd stop putting politic themes or elements in movies for more awareness when real life is enough and let a movie just be a movie for people to enjoy.

Star Wars
Captain Marvel
Black Panther

Last Jedi had worse issues than having a balanced cast of humans, believe me. Black Panther I don't really see it. Killmonger as a villain wouldn't work if he didn't think politically and the cultural perspective that made this movie is obviously not that of a white middle class dude.

Don't know about the other two movies. Didn't watch them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
For reference, here are the other designs for the movie, but um... Excuse Fred.

MV5BNTRjYjQ5NzYtOTc5NC00YTAzLThhMDQtOGQ4Y2EzNzkzMzM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAzMDc3MzIx._V1_.jpg

Scoob-Fred-First-Look.jpg

IMG_20190915_090919.jpg

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On another movie related note though.

Ad Astra comes out this week. Really stoked for that movie. Been hearing great things about it and I can believe that given its directed by James Gray who did the modern underrated classic that's The Lost City of Z. :grin:

I only have 3 movies left this year. That, Abominable and Gemini Man.

Abominable despite its simple premise of the whole "Helping creature find its way home" I won't be surprise if its a lightning in bottle of how executed it could be done having given the first HTTYD which did its tropes well and Gemini Man I like concept of it plus its being done by Ang Lee.

So this year overall will end pretty good hopefully in terms of good movies.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Unpopular opinion here. I hate the new Star Wars films but you probably already know that, Captain Marvel is IMO the worst movie this year and worst MCU movie and I found It: Chapter Two to be underwhelming and disappointment given it how more of a comedy it was compared to the first.

Black Panther I thought was average at best.

But without going into this again just going to agree to disagree if you guys otherwise enjoyed the first three.
Okay, but this doesn't explain why you think diversity is what made them bad.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Okay, but this doesn't explain why you think diversity is what made them bad.
I'd...Rather not dive into that again after the 100th millionth time especially since I've been doing better on this site. I shouldn't had brought it up again my bad.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I wonder if he also thinks the fact children's shows and animation have been including LGBT+ characters and marriages is "political propaganda" as well

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Star Wars
Captain Marvel
Black Panther

Imagine thinking someone's sexuality is a political statement because it's different from your own.

D

Deleted member

Captain Marvel is propaganda of teh evil feminists because of her hair style.

at least that's what my friend told me

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Imagine thinking someone's sexuality is a political statement because it's different from your own.
Imagine thinking gay characters ruined a story that always had gay characters too lmao

Star Wars
Captain Marvel
Black Panther

Star Wars was political since the 70's and George Lucas' other movies around the time were pretty political
It always had LGBT characters and themes
Captain Marvel and Black Panther both have political themes but that's not the reason you hate them. Also I finally realized why you hate Ragnarok then lmao. Wait till you see Gamora's actress without the green skin

osby

Smash Obsessed
Captain Marvel is propaganda of teh evil feminists because of her hair style.

at least that's what my friend told me
Captain Marvel is evil because her character arc doesn't revolve around a guy. The nerve of that gal. Since when women have their own stories to tell?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Anyways, I'm all for some gay subtext between Velma and Daphne. Hell, give some to Shaggy and Freddy for all I care. This is essentially a new incarnation of the characters so they can do whatever they want.

If Mystery Incorporated is anything to go by, they're not afraid to actually give these characters depth and issues they have to work out which was honestly super refreshing. It proved that deeper topics and darker tones can totally work for Scooby-Doo.

People give the live-action movies crap but their Mystery Incorporated actually had issues other than masked criminals, although I'll agree Velma's sexy arc was a bit much, but she learned the valuable lesson at the end of the day anyways and had a good laugh over it. Also, it was originally GOING to have Velma and Daphne be a thing but they decided to scrap it eventually, or at least that's what I remember hearing.

osby

Smash Obsessed
If Mystery Incorporated is anything to go by, they're not afraid to actually give these characters depth and issues they have to work out which was honestly super refreshing. It proved that deeper topics and darker tones can totally work for Scooby-Doo.
Preferably without making it like Scooby Apocalypse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom