• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It really is insane that Ash won after 20 years.

Screenshot_20190915-093758_YouTube.jpg

I know a lot of people weren't following the SuMo anime, and the few that were probably don't care that Ash won because they felt like he was entitled to win in XY first. Regardless, this means a lot to me. I've grown up watching this show, and to see Ash win a genuine regional league is simply incredible. What's more is that the Pokemon that netted him the win was Lycanroc, a Pokemon that I really liked and would've loved to have seen in Smash. It's not quite the same, but knowing that it was the sole Pokemon responsible for Ash's win after seven regions and seven teams of Pokemon is the best consolation I could possibly ask for.

Sorry for going on. Just really happy about this, and I don't care if it seems stupid to get so worked up over. It's something I've been waiting a long time to see.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Link's Awakening releases in 5 days. I really don't want to miss it for too long, but I need it, especially the limited edition.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Preferably without making it like Scooby Apocalypse.
Well I personally didn't mind Resident Scooby but I can aee why others were a bit taken aback by it.

But Mystery Incorporated was still fantastic. We need another series like that again. The overarching plot and mystery was just so good.

Shame we got Be Cool Scooby-Doo with that art style and horrible devolving of characters like Daphne. I hear It's actually pretty funny but Scooby-Doo isn't a sole comedy like Family Guy.

Also, Scoobynatural showed that the Gang can indeed "curse" in the sense that they mentioned going to Hell lmao. It's amazing how many scenarios the Gang can work with, though I suppose they have a case of the Mario formula where they're intentionally meant to have personalities that can work in many different settings.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I hate when people say Captain Marvel sucked because “feminism bad”

Come on, dude. It sucked because it was bad, ya don’t need to throw in that bull :nifty:

View attachment 238345

I know a lot of people weren't following the SuMo anime, and the few that were probably don't care that Ash won because they felt like he was entitled to win in XY first. Regardless, this means a lot to me. I've grown up watching this show, and to see Ash win a genuine regional league is simply incredible. What's more is that the Pokemon that netted him the win was Lycanroc, a Pokemon that I really liked and would've loved to have seen in Smash. It's not quite the same, but knowing that it was the sole Pokemon responsible for Ash's win after seven regions and seven teams of Pokemon is the best consolation I could possibly ask for.

Sorry for going on. Just really happy about this, and I don't care if it seems stupid to get so worked up over. It's something I've been waiting a long time to see.
Hell always be a loser in my heart!

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
>Next Season of Pokémon starts with Ash giving the championship back to the Alola League.

“I still want to see the world!”

You watch, it’s going to happen lol. It just makes me think of certain boneheaded decisions Ash made when I watched the anime long ago, when dinosaurs roamed the land.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Honestly, though? Will Team Rocket be in the new season? I'll be sad to see them go. I need my daily dose of trouble and make it double.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly, though? Will Team Rocket be in the new season? I'll be sad to see them go. I need my daily dose of trouble and make it double.
If Team Rocket gets a legit happy ending with each other, I’ll accept them not showing up anymore.

Honestly they’re all tragic, they deserve better.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Now that Ash is out of the way we can finally have an anime centering around Brock, right?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I could be eating my words in the next few weeks, but I don't think the next series will be as different as people think it'll be. I still think it'll involve Ash, Team Rocket, and a few faces from the SwSh games, but maybe with a little twist from old Gens that takes up a few minutes of each episode. The fact that even the rebooted movies still involve Ash tells me that he's an important anime protagonist to TPC, and that they value him too much to simply get rid of him entirely.

Plus, I don't think Ash was ever the reason why people thought the show declined in quality (if XY wasn't an indicator of that), nor do I think adding a new face to the show will make things significantly better. The writing is what effects a show more than anything, and if TPC continues striving to produce a show that'll attract younger kids as well, I don't think we'll be saying goodbye to the comedy or the light-hearted tone that's been in practically every series. We might get something a little more serious, but I don't think we'll go full Pokemon Generations like a lot of older fans have been wanting.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
You know it actually is weird how a talking Meowth exists and no one questions it? Like, yeah there were talking 'mon before but almost always it's a telepathic link or some legendary/mythical 'mon involved.

Meowth also can TRANSLATE pokémon language like???

This ****ing feline can make all sorts of dough if he applied himself.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I could be eating my words in the next few weeks, but I don't think the next series will be as different as people think it'll be. I still think it'll involve Ash, Team Rocket, and a few faces from the SwSh games, but maybe with a little twist from old Gens that takes up a few minutes of each episode. The fact that even the rebooted movies still involve Ash tells me that he's an important anime protagonist to TPC, and that they value him too much to simply get rid of him entirely.

Plus, I don't think Ash was ever the reason why people thought the show declined in quality (if XY wasn't an indicator of that), nor do I think adding a new face to the show will make things significantly better. The writing is what effects a show more than anything, and if TPC continues striving to produce a show that'll attract younger kids as well, I don't think we'll be saying goodbye to the comedy or the light-hearted tone that's been in practically every series. We might get something a little more serious, but I don't think we'll go full Pokemon Generations like a lot of older fans have been wanting.
This anime has the potential to be the best anime the series has seen, and the first one I watch in eight years.

Let me dream.

You know it actually is weird how a talking Meowth exists and no one questions it? Like, yeah there were talking 'mon before but almost always it's a telepathic link or some legendary/mythical 'mon involved.

Team Rocket could’ve been millionaires by now if they weren’t so one-Track minded about Pikachu

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

The backstory to Meowth talking is that he saw a pretty Meowth lady and wanted to impress her. He took a book and spent several days teaching himself to read and pronounce the words. When he went back to the lady Meowth to show her what he accomplished, she thought he was a freak and chose another Meowth over him. Not knowing what else to do, he decided to join Team Rocket, since the first word he learned was "Rocket".

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The backstory to Meowth talking is that he saw a pretty Meowth lady and wanted to impress her. He took a book and spent several days teaching himself to read and pronounce the words. When he went back to the lady Meowth to show her what he accomplished, she thought he was a freak and chose another Meowth over him. Not knowing what else to do, he decided to join Team Rocket, since the first word he learned was "Rocket".
This is strange cause it implies Pokémon can just pick up a book and be taught human language or that Meowth is practically a genius and he hasn't even evolved into his "adult" Persian form yet.

I do think I vaguely remember that story, though. However I could've sworn Team Rocket as a whole had a more emotional backstory together, but Idk.

But Meowth pulled the equivalent of one of us seeing some girl/guy we like, raiding Area 51 and stealing a book pertaining to the language of an alien species, then transcribing and translating the entire language on our own in a couple of days no less, and finally walking up to the girl/dude and going, "Meeplegopplegorp"

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
But Meowth pulled the equivalent of one of us seeing some girl/guy we like, raiding Area 51 and stealing a book pertaining to the language of an alien species, then transcribing and translating the entire language on our own in a couple of days no less, and finally walking up to the girl/dude and going, "Meeplegopplegorp"
*M’eeplegopplegorp (tips fadora)

FTFY

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's impossible for films to not be political. They don't exist in a bubble.
They reflect the time that they were made in. They reflect the personal politics of those involved in making the film.

Art with nothing to say is, at best, weak.

osby

Smash Obsessed
People goes to see a movie because they want to see a movie not for political things.
You know that's a bad argument because you can change "political" with anything.

"People goes to see a movie because they want to see a movie not for funny things."
"People goes to see a movie because they want to see a movie not for romantic things."
"People goes to see a movie because they want to see a movie not for giant monsters."

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What bugged me about Captain Marvel is how inconsequential it's period piece nature was.

Strip out the MCU connection and all it amounts to is a couple of Top Gun references and a "ha, old computers sure were slow!" joke.

On it's own, it's an alright film.

D

Deleted member

May as well ask another question because nothing interesting is happening atm:

What character/series would you NOT want in Smash?

Note that if a character/series is represented at all(Spirit, Costume, etc) you can't use it(SO NO UNDERTALE)

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's impossible for films to not be political. They don't exist in a bubble.
They reflect the time that they were made in. They reflect the personal politics of those involved in making the film.

Art with nothing to say is, at best, weak.
I think movies can promote patriotism or militarism or any kind of regime without being political.

It's when they feature minorities and women as protagonists, they get too political.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

4th party characters.

Smash is about gaming and should stay that way. Why someone like Goku should be an exception because "popularity" is a dumb reason to be in especially when Dragon Ball has no ties or history to Nintendo or such. Games are different because again Smash is about gaming.

It also will lead to people asking for characters like Batman or dumb ones like Spongebob and Shrek.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

4th party characters.

Smash is about gaming and should stay that way. Why someone like Goku should be an exception because "popularity" is a dumb reason to be in especially when no ties to Nintendo or such.

It also will lead to people asking for characters like Batman or dumb ones like Spongebob and Shrek.
Personally, I wouldn't mind them(and one of my most wanteds is a 4th party)
But I do see your point.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Note that if a character/series is represented at all(Spirit, Costume, etc) you can't use it(SO NO UNDERTALE)
As long as the character/series originated from a game, it's fine by me.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh, I didn't like Captain Marvel as a character, but that's because I really don't like extremely cocky characters in general, and tbh that was her defining personallity trait in both her movie, and Endgame, and it just got annoying fast.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You know that's a bad argument because you can change "political" with anything.

"People goes to see a movie because they want to see a movie not for funny things."
"People goes to see a movie because they want to see a movie not for romantic things."
"People goes to see a movie because they want to see a movie not for giant monsters."
I mean, I dont go to see Spirited away for political reasons, thats for sure

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Reminder that Ash managed to win a Pokemon league before the orginal Ultimate Social Thread opened back up.

So what's next? Sakurai's retirement or the Ultimate Social Thread opening?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

I don't really mind any series getting representation in smash, except maybe 4th parties. As much as I love Goku and Spongebob, I just don't think they belong.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
QUOTE="Guybrush20X6, post: 23551550, member: 210995"]So is this a movie or a TV series?
Or one of those Netflix series that feels like it should have been a movie?[/QUOTE]
An animated movie meant to kickstart the Hanna Barbarra Cinematic Universe. The scooby gang teams up with the other properties Hanna owns, to take down **** Dastardly who is an actual threat this time.
Now that Ash is out of the way we can finally have an anime centering around Brock, right?
Don't forget his trusty Drying pan!

D

Deleted member

View attachment 238345

OH MY GOD! HE DID IT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom