• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Morning, folks.

How's everyone doing today?

Alright, so now that the discussion died again:

Who or what is your Most Wanted for DLC?

Honestly, aside from Undertale reps(which imo is fairly likely because why would Toby not vouch for a actual Undertale character, given the unique chance he had? Maybe just didn't feel like it? )

Steve. He's a really unique character that has tons of moveset potential, ranging from Swordie to building a tiny city with blocks.
Only problem would be licensing, but since Microsoft and Nintendo are buds now, not really that big of a deal. It's mainly if Sakurai put a hard "1 character per company" limit that would be a problem.
Rex, Fiora, and Shantae would all make me very happy if they got in.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
May as well ask another question because nothing interesting is happening atm:

What character/series would you NOT want in Smash?

Note that if a character/series is represented at all(Spirit, Costume, etc) you can't use it(SO NO UNDERTALE)
Bubsy. Other than that, I either will like something or not care enough to hate it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'll especially never get Spongebob or Shrek. I can't tell if people are just memeing or actually be serious...:confused:
I would unironically like both, but I don’t expect Sakurai to change his mind about it being a videogame crossover.

Unless he wants to use BFBB SpongeBob.
Why am I seeing ads for Pumpkin shirts all of the sudden?
Because pumpkins are cool.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Honestly, aside from Undertale reps(which imo is fairly likely because why would Toby not vouch for a actual Undertale character, given the unique chance he had? Maybe just didn't feel like it? )

Steve. He's a really unique character that has tons of moveset potential, ranging from Swordie to building a tiny city with blocks.
Only problem would be licensing, but since Microsoft and Nintendo are buds now, not really that big of a deal. It's mainly if Sakurai put a hard "1 character per company" limit that would be a problem.
Most wanted would a 2nd Mega Man, Jin Kazama or Ryu Hayabusa. It'd really cool if they showed up in the series at somepoint.

There's plenty of other cool characters, but those are the top 3 for me.

D

Deleted member

That was nice. Hopefully people will respond kindly and let the Dex issue die for one day.
The problem isn't Dexit, it's that the game LOOKS THE ****ING SAME AS USUM graphicwise, EVEN THOU ONE OF THE REASONES THEY SNAPED THE DEX IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS TO IMPROVE THE GRAPHICS!(or at least, that's the official reason. Methinks they are just lazy)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The problem isn't Dexit, it's that the game LOOKS THE ****ING SAME AS USUM graphicwise, EVEN THOU ONE OF THE REASONES THEY SNAPED THE DEX IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS TO IMPROVE THE GRAPHICS!(or at least, that's the official reason. Methinks they are just lazy)
The graphics look high-quality in the latest trailers.

They still have NPCs getting around weirdly, though, but meh.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Only thing in October I look forward to are Halloween and Gemini Man (Last movie of this year I'll be seeing until January with Underwater staring Kristen Stewart). November can't get here soon enough can it?

Galaxyman

Smash Journeyman
training stage leaning combos with Ken til I drop
Only thing in October I look forward to are Halloween and Gemini Man (Last movie of this year I'll be seeing until January with Underwater staring Kristen Stewart). November can't get here soon enough can it?
omegalul im really hyped for a ton of things this fall: my hero season 4, terry, doom eternal dude fall is gonna be hype for me

D

Deleted member

At this point GameFreak has made it clear that they don't want to work on Pokemon, so I think it's best if they hand the series over to another company. or make sure no-one ever has to make another game in that dreaded series

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
At this point GameFreak has made it clear that they don't want to work on Pokemon, so I think it's best if they hand the series over to another company. or make sure no-one ever has to make another game in that dreaded series
Some recent stuffs actually make it seem like Pokémon is still their priority.

Just, they probably don’t take enough of a budget to keep all the ‘mons and make more stuff more lively, like NPC walk cycles I personally don’t mind, though.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh and forgot the possibility of an teaser of Godzilla vs. Kong during NYCC and shown also shown previews during Joker (Not seeing that film but would be released online shortly after).

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I just saw some meme about taking vitamins without water, so I made one.

5CEC5063-47B0-4D47-9718-86057EA395DC.jpeg

Use water anyway, since you won’t get a minor tear that way[\SPOILER]

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Halloween is coming and I dunno if i'll even get to celebrate this year. Oof.
How to celebrate Halloween. Just buy yourself bags upon bags of candy and just keeps your lights off and keep the candy to yourself.

Handing out candy is boring and tiring to me personly. I already told my dad "Lol, Nah, I ai t handing out candy anymore" We stopped handing put **** a long time ago

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The graphics are fine, and they're definitely a huge step up from the blocky and blurry 3DS games. For a full-fledged Pokemon game, it's probably the best we've ever gotten. They're not PS4 quality, but Pokemon games have never been visually amazing anyway. A lot of the animations are reused, but it'd be stupid to not utilize them. They look polished enough, and from what I've seen, most people are okay with them.

The Dex is just drawing attention to things most people wouldn't have complained of in the first place. For now, the Dex is really the only complaint that I consider to be somewhat valid. The graphics and animations are fine as is.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

Not that he's a "most-wanted" of one, but I made a prediction about Crash being the last character in the Fighter Pass.

D

Deleted member

The graphics are fine, and they're definitely a huge step up from the blocky and blurry 3DS games. For a full-fledged Pokemon game, it's probably the best we've ever gotten. They're not PS4 quality, but Pokemon games have never been visually amazing anyway. A lot of the animations are reused, but it'd be stupid to not utilize them. They look polished enough, and from what I've seen, most people are okay with them.

The Dex is just drawing attention to things most people wouldn't have complained of in the first place. For now, the Dex is really the only complaint that I consider to be somewhat valid. The graphics and animations are fine as is.
Looking better then before doesn't mean they're good. The games are nowhere up to par with modern standards, and games on the GameCube/PS2/Xbox look better then Sword & Shield does and they were released more then 10 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom