• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
QUOTE="Guybrush20X6, post: 23551550, member: 210995"]So is this a movie or a TV series?
Or one of those Netflix series that feels like it should have been a movie?
An animated movie meant to kickstart the Hanna Barbarra Cinematic Universe. The scooby gang teams up with the other properties Hanna owns, to take down **** Dastardly who is an actual threat this time.

Don't forget his trusty Drying pan!
A Hanna Barbara extended universe would be incredibly amazing. I'd watch that religiously.
ok, so if the heavy from tf2 got in, would you guys be mad? this is a genuine question.
I'd be cool with it. My favorite TF2 character is definitely Spy, but Heavy is iconic and I'd be cool with him.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
ok so conversation is going real slow on this chat so imma fire off a question: if none of your mains or secondaries were in the game, who would you play then.
:ultshulk: and :ultridley: are out?

Hmm...I guess that I'd commit to using :ultjoker: or :ultmegaman: if that were the case.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Okay so genuine question. If they put Dave from the Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, would you guys be mad? As an FYI, I do prefer his character design from the 2007 film, but I wouldn’t mind a Chipwrecked or even a Squeakquel design.

Galaxyman

Smash Journeyman
training stage leaning combos with Ken til I drop
Okay so genuine question. If they put Dave from the Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked, would you guys be mad? As an FYI, I do prefer his character design from the 2007 film, but I wouldn’t mind a Chipwrecked or even a Squeakquel design.
i would also ask for a character ban system for quickplay so i never have to think about them or fight em.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
ok so conversation is going real slow on this chat so imma fire off a question: if none of your mains or secondaries were in the game, who would you play then.
If:ultkrool:,:ultganondorf:and:ulthero: were cut I guess i'd have to go back to my smash 4 mains, :ultroy: and :ultbayonetta:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Alright, so now that the discussion died again:

Who or what is your Most Wanted for DLC?

Honestly, aside from Undertale reps(which imo is fairly likely because why would Toby not vouch for a actual Undertale character, given the unique chance he had? Maybe just didn't feel like it? )

Steve. He's a really unique character that has tons of moveset potential, ranging from Swordie to building a tiny city with blocks.
Only problem would be licensing, but since Microsoft and Nintendo are buds now, not really that big of a deal. It's mainly if Sakurai put a hard "1 character per company" limit that would be a problem.
Edelgard, without question.
Again, you're generalizing. That isn't every Smash fan ever.

Hmm... :ultbanjokazooie:, :ultjoker:, :ultpiranha:, or :ultwario:.
Addressing a community's problems is the first step towards fixing them. It doesn't help anyone to go "Not All Smash Fans." That's an inherently unhelpful mindset.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I never thought Id hear someone legit talking about A chipmuncks movie

Noipoi

Howdy!
If he isn’t using the original design from the first film it’s trash.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Addressing a community's problems is the first step towards fixing them. It doesn't help anyone to go "Not All Smash Fans." That's an inherently unhelpful mindset.
I agree that addressing a community's issues is good, but depending on how it's presented, it just sounds like generalizing, which is kinda just putting blame on some people who did nothing.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mean, they’d obviously go with Jeanette but hey, you do you bud.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I agree that addressing a community's issues is good, but depending on how it's presented, it just sounds like generalizing, which is kinda just putting blame on some people who did nothing.
Because frankly, cushioning the wording does nothing helpful. The point is that the community as a collective unit is toxic, so getting hung up on "but only SOME are toxic" is missing the point entirely. It's the kind of thing that leads to movements like Blue Lives Matter or Not All Men, wherein people were so offended at the problem being addressed that they downplayed the issue.

It may not be everyone, but it's more than enough. That's what matters.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Link's Awakening releases in 5 days. I really don't want to miss it for too long, but I need it, especially the limited edition.
Oh yeah, Dragon Quest XI...

Releasing in two weeks, and I'm desperate to buy that too.

What if the next Pokemon episode started off with Ash waking up from a dream and he actually lost the Pokemon League.
It took him about 20 years to win a league at the age of 10. Let that sink in.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Because frankly, cushioning the wording does nothing helpful. The point is that the community as a collective unit is toxic, so getting hung up on "but only SOME are toxic" is missing the point entirely. It's the kind of thing that leads to movements like Blue Lives Matter or Not All Men, wherein people were so offended at the problem being addressed that they downplayed the issue.

It may not be everyone, but it's more than enough. That's what matters.
I'm not really trying to making anything seems less **** than it is. I don't think you understand what I meant. When I'm saying it's not everyone, I'm just saying that when such broad statements are used, some people are just going to end up feeling like they did something wrong.

I honestly thought you said “toes of master hand”.
Well, I sure didn't think I would hear that today.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
The logical choice for a chipmunks rep would be all 3 of them together with Dave standing in the back like pokemon trainer. The chipettes can be alts.

osby

Smash Obsessed
"Hey, what people talk about in that forum about Smash?"

"Chipmunks."

"Haha, nice joke! Really, though?"

"..."

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finished reading volume 7 of the Splatoon manga. Pretty good.

It is about the Octo Expansion and one thing caught my attention: Octoling boy's name is Eight and Octoling girl's name is Seven (she hasn't been called Agent 7 though).

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I've come to make an announcement
Indeed, it's crazy to think about. Since I didn't know about :ultsnake: when he came out, :ultsonic: being announced for Smash was the moment where it felt like anything was possible. And then :ultcloud::ultridley::ultkrool::ultjoker::ultbanjokazooie:.

I was thinking about getting one of those character decorated Gamecube controllers so that I have eight, but the Hori Split Pad Pro recently caught my attention. I've been wanting Hori to make a right version of their D-pad joy con forever, however it looks better, having similar ergonomics to a pro controller. Price is a lot more, but still I get one full controller for the price of around half (i.e., I never play with one joy con unless I'm forced to). I almost always play in handheld mode, so something like that works perfectly for me (that is, if it's good--I have no clue until I get my hands on one). Unfortunately, it seems like the only version they have right now is for Daemon X Machina, a game I don't plan on getting. Cool aesthetics, nonetheless.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
While it may not be everyone, the problem is that it's still a prominent issue in the community and one that hasn't gotten any better. Whether it's here, twitter, Resetera, or even smaller threads on other Nintendo sites you still get this tribalistic character war that pops up between users that make speculation for many turn into a chore. Many fans are have said that they don't have fun speculating anymore because they feel like they can't talk about their character choices without someone insulting them for it or watching people get on each other's case over it, and it restricts the discussion when you can't look at characters outside of a certain bubble without feeling like you'll have to defend yourself. It's even worse when a character outside of that bubble does get in since then you have a slew of people claiming up and down that they're 'undeserving' and should've been preferred character A or Z, so if you like that certain character then you have to deal with fans lashing out because they refuse to accept someone outside of that sphere.

It's been a problem for a long time and it's something that does need to be addressed. Speculation should be fun because that's why all of us are here: to have fun talking about the different characters that could or could not get in. If you remove that and twist it into bickering then you're removing why people came here to talk, and whether it's a few or many contributing to that problem it's still something that as a community we do need to be better about.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
While it may not be everyone, the problem is that it's still a prominent issue in the community and one that hasn't gotten any better. Whether it's here, twitter, Resetera, or even smaller threads on other Nintendo sites you still get this tribalistic character war that pops up between users that make speculation for many turn into a chore. Many fans are have said that they don't have fun speculating anymore because they feel like they can't talk about their character choices without someone insulting them for it or watching people get on each other's case over it, and it restricts the discussion when you can't look at characters outside of a certain bubble without feeling like you'll have to defend yourself. It's even worse when a character outside of that bubble does get in since then you have a slew of people claiming up and down that they're 'undeserving' and should've been preferred character A or Z, so if you like that certain character then you have to deal with fans lashing out because they refuse to accept someone outside of that sphere.

It's been a problem for a long time and it's something that does need to be addressed. Speculation should be fun because that's why all of us are here: to have fun talking about the different characters that could or could not get in. If you remove that and twist it into bickering then you're removing why people came here to talk, and whether it's a few or many contributing to that problem it's still something that as a community we do need to be better about.
Thank you for this. My support of the Alvin and the Chipmunks series has always been ridiculed. I’m glad someone said something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom