• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
And the only reason I don't believe that is because I can guarantee you people would be extremely interested in a Mario game that isn't Bowser. There's something intriguing and mysterious to new villains that makes people want to learn more about them. Bowser is not a character who stimulates those feelings.

And this isn't even exclusive to villains. Any new character who's handled properly can instantly be a fan favorite. How did Rosalina became so loved after a single game?
I mean, they've done that before.

Tatanga, Wart, Shadow Queen, Dimentio

But at the end of the day:

Wart and Tatanga are pretty much forgotten characters outside the most hardcore fans

Shadow Queen, despite being from a fantastic game, only shows up in the last 5 minutes, and you beat her and... that's it

Dimentio is.... well people have very divisive opinions on Super Paper Mario. I love it, others don't

And for your other part

Gonna be straight with ya. Do you want a serious answer or the obvious answer? :dr^_^:

Noipoi

Howdy!
The Tiki Taks were Tiki crap.

The snowmads were pretty cool.

But the Kremlings deserve a comeback! They were there from day one, when Rare took an old outdated arcade game and made it a platforming legend.

K Rool’s such a rad boss too! He didn’t just sit and wait for you to come fight him, you felt his presence! He had character, he was hilarious but also kinda sinister. He beat the **** outta Donkey Kong in front of you! Tiki Tong and Lord Fredrick just don’t compare, I’m sorry but they don’t!

What if Bowser got ditched for a decade? Or Ganondorf? Or Ridley? It would suck because we love these characters, and people love the Kremlings and K Rool. K Rool was the og Donkey Kong villain, the Kremlings were the original adversaries to the DK crew. And they should get a second chance, as opposed to being left in obscurity forever. They helped put this series on the map, and they deserve better.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Watched Scooby Doo Return To Zombie Island. It wasn't too bad. Had some funny moments, I liked all the easter eggs to previous stuff, and it still leads you wondering. I'd say its worth checking out if you liked the original, but it's very different.

Have a fun Scooby Reaction Image though:

Scooby's not mad, just disappointed in you.
Why is his head a different color than his paws?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Watched Scooby Doo Return To Zombie Island. It wasn't too bad. Had some funny moments, I liked all the easter eggs to previous stuff, and it still leads you wondering. I'd say its worth checking out if you liked the original, but it's very different.

Have a fun Scooby Reaction Image though:

Scooby's not mad, just disappointed in you.
On the subject of Scooby Doo...anyone ever play night of 100 frights? It was made by the same guys who did battle for bikini bottom and it was one of my favorite games as a kid. It would make me so happy if thq gave it the remake treatment, though i'm not sure it's popular enough.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For other series, I do like Sigma, who's pretty much my 2nd favorite of the Mega Man platformer bosses. He's got this intimidating air to him that Dr. Wily and his offshoots don't, being old mad scientists and all. I like Vile a lot too, since he's a rival character, being a similar build and "demographic" to the main character. But he shows up every once in a while as opposed to Sigma. I know other people didn't like Sigma as much, but to me he's got this cool factor to him like Akuma, Ganon or Ridley.

I thought Lumine was neat (a new age robot trying to get rid of the heroes who've been around for a minute), but I kind of wish they did a bit more with Epsilon, though I guess since he's a red herring villain who just so happens to have a greek letter as a name, it'd be a little too similar.

But Epsilon's aesthetic is too clean to me. The Visor, the Cloak, and having Wires for Robot Dreadlocks is awesome.

Shroob

Sup?
Just wanna extend an olive branch

Despite my standings on the whole Pokemon debate

I think we can all agree on one thing

Nessa best girl

Noipoi

Howdy!

Nessa best girl
First it was Sonia.

Then it was Nessa.

Then it was Bea.

Now people say it’s Marnie.

But me? I say it’s all of them.

The trainer design for this game has been top notch lmao

Shroob

Sup?
First it was Sonia.

Then it was Nessa.

Then it was Bea.

Now people say it’s Marnie.

But me? I say it’s all of them.

The trainer design for this game has been top notch lmao
You bet your ass they have.

Still nothing beats Gen 6 Hex Maniac, Pokemon Masters please

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I like the Ghost type trainer.

But that's because I'm not really a waifu type.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Nessa best girl
I don't know who this "Nessa" is but that's a funny way to spell Hilda.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh, and while he's a little less cool than Geese, Wolfgang Krauser is also pretty great. He's Geese's Half-Brother. One of his main moves is the Kaiser Wave, it's a huge ass fireball.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Oh, and while he's a little less cool than Geese, Wolfgang Krauser is also pretty great. He's Geese's Half-Brother. One of his main moves is the Kaiser Wave, it's a huge *** fireball.
The funniest thing about Krauser is that he's voiced by an American, despite not being one himself while Terry is an American voiced by a Japanese person.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I haven’t been feelin great for the past few days so I haven’t gotten around to cursing any Pokémon :urg:

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What if they do that Super Meter mechanic that people have been saying they should do? What would be their Final Smash then?
Bustah Warf feels like it'd be more a FSmash, relegating one of his coolest moves to a final smash would be kinda disappointing IMO.

Really, if they wanted a final smash, they could do Terry's new Star Dunk Volcano move they gave him in KOFXIV.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

relegating one of his coolest moves to a final smash would be kinda disappointing IMO.
That's the whole ****ing point of a FS, being extremely flashy and strong!

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
That's the whole ****ing point of a FS, being extremely flashy and strong!
Well yeah, but y'know, I also want to use it for more than once per match?

Like just because it's a cool move doesn't mean you gotta lock it behind the final Smash.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Oh my goodness, I’m playing way too much of B&K to the point where they’re in my top three!

456D4B63-A437-4E52-AC72-E316E39E6C40.png

I think I’m gonna change my Ultimate main icon.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
On the subject of Scooby Doo...anyone ever play night of 100 frights? It was made by the same guys who did battle for bikini bottom and it was one of my favorite games as a kid. It would make me so happy if thq gave it the remake treatment, though i'm not sure it's popular enough.
That game was my childhood. Loved it and I do wish that they'd also remake it. Definitely the best Scooby-Doo! game. That, or Unmasked.

Also, as for the whole villain debate, Dimentio and Fawful were LOVED by fans, but those characters only work because of the setting they're in. RPGs are story-driven, therefore narrative is key and dialogue is everywhere.

Nintendo would have to REALLY change up 3D Mario's formula a la Rosalina by adding in some story-like elements and actually give the character personality and charm before people start to accept it.

You know, it actually might be funny for a new villain to join Bowser under the initial purpose of wanting to train under him and he's the only characters that contains actual voice clips. That could work because they can make him extravagant and overzealous that essentially keeps all eyes on him which would directly contrast with the main cast being silent in the 3D games (save for Peach with her few voice clips). Maybe have his thing be a novice psychic just discovering his abilities or just a good reader of a crowd so he can marrate what the characters are thinking to further his polysyllabic monologues. But he'd also be silly and a klutz who screws up but it actually ends up working in his favor somehow, where you find out he was blessed with fortune much like the Star Children were said to be, but not by the stars, but by the dark forces that exist throughout the universe.

I dunno. I feel like that would make him distract from the rest of the cast, though, and that he'd get more attentiton than the main characters themselves which is probably WHY Miyamoto is like he is.

Also also, Andross was given a break in Assault and I personally loved it, but Wolf being the main villain wanting galactic conquest in Star Link was a little... odd to me. He's a criminal, but he never expressed the desire to subjugate billions of people to his own reign of tyranny and never actually had a recorded "murderer" on his accused crimes. All he did was steal and fail to want to respect the government of Corneria. If Andross takes a backseat to Wolf? No. I really don't want that. Maybe if they actually still have the desire to paint wolf as the gray character he is (which is nice because he's also gray in color) then sure, but not as a bloodthirsty and power-hungry tyrant.

Might as well bring back the Aparoids or something.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yo Knight Dude Knight Dude

Whaddaya think Terry’s final smash will be?
If he only has one, it better be BUSTA WOLF!

But he's got quite a few to choose from.

If he gets multiple, then probably Power Geyser too. Not too many moves like it. But I like Max Power/Lost Power(The Blue Beam Super)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well yeah, but y'know, I also want to use it for more than once per match?

Like just because it's a cool move doesn't mean you gotta lock it behind the final Smash.
You do realize FS Meter is a thing, right?
And FS aren't once per game, it's just uncommon to see it more than once in anything other than a Time Match.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Terry has a variant of Power Wave (his projectile that travels along the ground) called Round Wave. Basically a single Hit of Power Geyser. Could work as a Forward Smash or Down Smash.

His Blow Back Kick can also work as an F-Smash or Back Air of sorts.

I wonder if any of his moves will be exclusive to inputs. Cause I think Fire Kick could work as an Up-Smash, but maybe it'll be an input attack, since originally that move has Terry do a sliding kick, then the rising kick.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Bustah Warf feels like it'd be more a FSmash, relegating one of his coolest moves to a final smash would be kinda disappointing IMO.

Really, if they wanted a final smash, they could do Terry's new Star Dunk Volcano move they gave him in KOFXIV.

As someone with very little knowledge of Fatal Fury or KoF, I would still be incredibly disappointed if "ARE YOU OKAYH" was locked behind a move that I would never use.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You do realize FS Meter is a thing, right?
And FS aren't once per game, it's just uncommon to see it more than once in anything other than a Time Match.
That's missing the point. Sure, I could go fight level 1 CPUs with dumb FS meter settings that no one else uses with only smash balls dropping, but I don't.

I'd like to have access to one of Terry's coolest moves most of the time on my own terms. Even if it's a slow and risky option, I'd prefer that over fulfilling an arbitrary condition to access one of his most used moves.

In my opinion, Terry's more niche and destructive moves like Trinity Geyser, Star Dunk Volcano, Max Power, etc etc are put in the final smash position. Like come on, that's like locking Ike's AETHERRRRRR to just having it during his final smash only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom