• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For those interested, here's a quick summary of return to zombie island, spoilers obviously: (if you care its scooby doo lmao)
After wounding up all the crime ( including another appearance by the creeper( AW MAN) and space kook), the gang is told to retire by the sheriff so they don't get hurt, despite all the new mysteries arising around them.

They make a pact with shaggy and scooby not to solve any mysteries despite the gang's strong urge too. Shaggy as a huge fan of Elvira wins a contest to a tropical resort paradise.

The gang get there and it's literally Zombie Island. A bunch of strange things keep happening around them and everyone but shaggy and scooby or suspicious or what's going on and the events happening around them. While driving to the hotel, a black puma were cat slashes a tree down at them and their tires. Further raising alarms for everyone.

Shaggy and Scooby keep making the gang drop their line of questioning and to just go through with it. Their hotel is a slightly different version of the moonscar house. Complete with characters looking exactly like the cast of the first one. They learn of zombies being sighted and until Scooby and Shaggy encounter them, they get the gang to retract their vow and stop the zombies. They do and learn the whole thing is a setup for a movie shoot based on their original adventure led by the director posing as the hotel owner. He thinks his movie is ruined but the gang feel bad and decided to help him shoot it still based on the original adventure.

The shoot gets interrupted by were cats and stray cats attack everyone. After a bunch of different sequences they end up at the sacrificial grounds from the first film, and see a bunch of dug holes. Where they realize the were cats aren't true ones and just want the treasure. They make a plan to pose as zombies figuring that if these people believe moon scar's treasure is here, they must believe in the curse too. This works and the trap everyone involved, who were local islanders. They however learn that the islanders have no idea who the puma were cat was and no one in the film could have been it, because it showed up when everyone else was around. This implies the curse still exists, and there actually is another spirit dammed to the island after the dead were laid to rest in the first film.

The stray cats show up and dig up the real Moonscar treasure making the director rich. The gang agrees to never stop solving mysteries and it ends. Overall it was good. Not better then the first but up to quality. I liked the meta aspect and that they still hint the island has real magic going on. Also there's a reluctant werewolf cameo which was surprising.

And crackpot theory, the puma were cat is the FBI agent from the first film, who got cursed after having to return to the island to make a full report.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As someone with very little knowledge of Fatal Fury or KoF, I would still be incredibly disappointed if "ARE YOU OKAYH" was locked behind a move that I would never use.
Do..does nobody even use FS Meter anymore? Like I use it everywhere. Imo it should be standard in tourneys for strong comebacks

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
On the subject of Scooby Doo...anyone ever play night of 100 frights? It was made by the same guys who did battle for bikini bottom and it was one of my favorite games as a kid. It would make me so happy if thq gave it the remake treatment, though i'm not sure it's popular enough.
Dude, Night of 100 Frights was another one of my favorites as a kid.

Admittedly it took me like five years to actually beat it but still.

D

Deleted member

That's missing the point. Sure, I could go fight level 1 CPUs with dumb FS meter settings that no one else uses with only smash balls dropping, but I don't.

I'd like to have access to one of Terry's coolest moves most of the time on my own terms. Even if it's a slow and risky option, I'd prefer that over fulfilling an arbitrary condition to access one of his most used moves.

In my opinion, Terry's more niche and destructive moves like Trinity Geyser, Star Dunk Volcano, Max Power, etc etc are put in the final smash position. Like come on, that's like locking Ike's AETHERRRRRR to just having it during his final smash only.
Imo you missed my point. The whole point of a FS is to be flashy,and having a flashy move not be a FS just because you don't wanna use FS meter for whatever reason isn't a valid argument for making it a special/tilt.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Imo you missed my point. The whole point of a FS is to be flashy,and having a flashy move not be a FS just because you don't wanna use FS meter for whatever reason isn't a valid argument for making it a special/tilt.
Yes, I GET!!! that the point of Final Smashes is to be FLASHY!!!!

but I don't agree that just because they're COOL! they should only locked to final SMASHES!!!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

but I don't agree that just because they're COOL! they should only be final SMASHES!!!!
I never said that.(Or at the very least, that's not what I meant)
What I'm trying to say is that FS's are meant to be dramatic, flashy, turn-the-tables kinda moves, not suited for a random tilt/special move.
While I do agree that Flashy FS's are cool, but that's not the point of my argument.

Last edited by a moderator:

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Do..does nobody even use FS Meter anymore? Like I use it everywhere. Imo it should be standard in tourneys for strong comebacks
I'm sure a ton people use it, but it's not something that personally interests me. Despite not being terribly good, I prefer playing with competitive rules. And FS, meter or not, are horribly unbalanced.

So yeah, I'd prefer if Bustah Woulf was not a Final Smash. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Considering Fat Yoshi was cut content from SMRPG, have any of you wondered what the context of the character would've been?

He was the idol of the fat yoshi on Yoshter Isle with the fastest speed running career, but left it all behind when he had too many cookies.

D

Deleted member

I'm sure a ton people use it, but it's not something that personally interests me. Despite not being terribly good, I prefer playing with competitive rules. And FS, meter or not, are horribly unbalanced.

So yeah, I'd prefer if Bustah Woulf was not a Final Smash. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it was.
IMO I disagree with saying that FS's are broken. Sure there are a few that are super annoying (IF I SEE ANOTHER ****ING ZELDA)
But almost all of the FS's in game(again, with a few exceptions) can be dodged fairly easily, and the ones that can't usually can't kill unless at X% or higher.(X usually being around 80+)

That's not saying it's 100% balanced, mind you, but I still run it in all my Competitive rulesets because FS can easily turn the tides of a losing match ,making for much more enjoyable matches overall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I feel like Buster Wolf makes too much sense as a Final Smash. It's Terry's most popular super, even if Power Geyser was in more titles. If it was somehow included in his standard moveset, that'd be cool, but I really doubt it. Again, he's a character with multiple options, like Ryu and Ken, so we'll see how many of those fighting game mechanics can be applied to someone with a completely different moveset.

I guess we'll have to see what potential gimmicks Terry has up his sleeves.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
He was the idol of the fat yoshi on Yoshter Isle with the fastest speed running career, but left it all behind when he had too many cookies.
He was the old racing champion, who got so fat from cookies he can’t race anymore.
You two gave the same answer, so it must've been that. Maybe have HIM race Boshi instead of the Yoshi you use.

"I may be ten times the dinosaur I used to be, but I can still beat your skinny poser ***!!!" :yoshi:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
What about it exactly?
I'm not gonna include keyboard setup because I'm a newbie to the game so I'm not gonna count that against it.

It's moreso how uber-sensitive character movement is and poor game balancing. I felt like I barely got to play when I was playing with KoP today, and with how the characters move 50 feet which just a quick flash press of a button, it can feel downright unplayable sometimes.

And the past few days have been kind of crappy, so the whole ability to escape and just have fun kinda didn't happen when I wish it did.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've come to dislike TF2 and it's sad. But, I can't help it. This game is just... bonkers.
The game's matchmaking finder is pretty wonky, I'm not gonna defend that.

You'd probably enjoy the game as a whole more if you were able to get more experience playing it, but I know where you're coming from. It's tough sometimes.

The balancing is solid, imo. Biggest issues the game has right now are the matchmaking system and VAC still taking eons to ban cheaters in waves.

D

Deleted member

I'm not gonna include keyboard setup because I'm a newbie to the game so I'm not gonna count that against it.

It's moreso how uber-sensitive character movement is and poor game balancing. I felt like I barely got to play when I was playing with KoP today, and with how the characters move 50 feet which just a quick flash press of a button, it can feel downright unplayable sometimes.

And the past few days have been kind of crappy, so the whole ability to escape and just have fun kinda didn't happen when I wish it did.
The best advice I can give is to learn how to Rocket Jump. Use a keybind if possible. Will make the game much more fun.

Shroob

Sup?
To be frank, this doesn't help. What do I do with this?
What do you do with what?

TF2's a game not everyone's gonna like to be brutally honest.

It's a game which is made to be super mobile and lots of twitch aiming, but as the game currently stands right now, nothing's blatantly overpowered and all the classes are pretty fine tuned.

Sure, Soldier's arguably 'the best' class, or Scout maybe, but they're not soo oppressive that they're unfair or unfun to play against.

TF2's basically made for people who love old-school FPS where your movespeed is sonic speed, but not 'too' fast.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Here’s what I spent a better part of the night sketching:
DEA2EC31-742E-4265-8D28-9F61CA6056E9.jpeg

Which reminds me that I’m still trying to figure out how she’ll work as a Paper Mario partner for Peach. I have a couple ideas already:
Field Abilities
-She skates fast taking Peach’s hand and leading, Peach pulls out her parasol to slow her down
-She can make various plants in the overworld grow

Attacks
-Service: Daisy wacks a tennis ball to hit a single enemy

-Return: Daisy moves in front of Peach and prepares her racket to return any projectiles the enemies throw out in exchange for potentially taking damage meant for Peach

-Slap: Delivers a powerful slap to a single enemy

-Flower Power: Restores Flower Points

If anyone has any more ideas, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom