• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Seriously though.

It bugs me that I don't know the name of my first anime.

It looked like it came from the 70s or 80s and was about people on a space station, with a really ****ty dub.

It definitely wasn't a gundam series.
Cowboy Bebop pr Space Dandy?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Aside from nostalgia anime from the hey-days of Toonami: Dragon Ball, Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, etc. I mostly stick to reading the manga now, as it saves me both time, energy, waiting extra long for stories to continue, and $$$ (seriously anime isn't cheap, and boxsets are rare).

Plus it's fun to dig through and find fan translations for manga that haven't/won't come overseas.

Hey, it's likely someone in their 30s might have picked up Urusei Yatsura on VHS...

I literally have an official poster of that framed in my game room:

uruseiyatsura2.jpg

Urusei Yatsura is really the only big anime I've binged in the past 10 years that I hadn't seen before or read the manga previously. I really hope the release of the complete manga series, starting earlier this year, does well enough for the anime to be re-released again. It always bums me how few people overseas have seen this masterpiece (not to say it's perfect, but it's not a term I use loosely either).

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Four years ago my friend decided to start One Piece.

He still isn’t up to date.

I can’t subject myself to that.
Your friend is a slow watcher/reader. A friend of mine finished the series in a month.

And besides, once you enter the mood of the story you'll see yourself wanting more. Give it a try Noi. Trust me. :nifty:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
What’s your favorite Mario enemy to play as in the spinoffs?

Personally, I love the Hammer Bros, and Dry Bones in general.

Kind of wish Hammer Bro was playable tbh.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also seriously guys go watch/read One Piece. It might be so big but it's really good :nifty:
Def agree. Easily one of the best anime. Hell look at this!
1568429023327.png

One Piece has one of, if not the best writing in anime history(or at least for most of the series)

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Boos are fun. I've enjoyed using them in the tennis and party games from time to time. My go-to in the Mario spin-offs is Luigi and probably always will be, but Boo is fun as well.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Aside from nostalgia anime from the hey-days of Toonami: Dragon Ball, Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cyborg 009, etc. I mostly stick to reading the manga now, as it saves me both time, energy, waiting extra long for stories to continue, and $$$ (seriously anime isn't cheap, and boxsets are rare).

Plus it's fun to dig through and find fan translations for manga that haven't/won't come overseas.
That's pretty much me as well. I mostly read manga nowadays and only watch anime when I hear some REALLY interesting stuff about it. It doesn't help that most of the anime shows airing nowadays that interest me are adaptations of manga that I have already read.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I made a hypothetical "AT Fighter's Pass" thing.
assistfp.PNG
if I you don't like Mimikyu technically not being an AT, replace it with Spring Man.

Thoughts? Fighters 3 and 4 are the only characters I care about personally, the others are for the fanbase.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

None. I dunno why. It's not like my favorite character or anything was playable in literally every spin-off or something :yoshi:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Remember when Mayes Hugh died in FMA?

That **** ****ed me up for a good 2 days straight.
Remember when Rock Lee took off those weights in the Chunin Exams? Every child across the globe felt the sheer power of that move.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I made a hypothetical "AT Fighter's Pass" thing.
View attachment 238169if I you don't like Mimikyu technically not being an AT, replace it with Spring Man.

Thoughts? Fighters 3 and 4 are the only characters I care about personally, the others are for the fanbase.
Waluigi, Midna, and Mimikyu would be cool. Mostly Midna, though.

Shroob

Sup?
I remember the first time I tuned into Adult Swim as a kid and watched Inuyasha and Detective Conan.

I thought I was such a rebel for watching a TV-14 show.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'm just surprised at how Goomba hasn't been in Mario Kart yet. They can somehow let him in on Mario Party and Baseball, but driving a kart is where we draw the line?

D

Deleted member

I want to ask you guys something:

What would your opinion be if an Undertale Character(doesn't matter which)was DLC Fighter #5?

Personally, with 2 of my most wanteds(out of maybe 4) being Undertale reps, oh boi you would not believe the hype.

on an unrelated note, I really should start up opinion voting again sometime on One Piece Forum. The guys over there probably don't even remember me at this point lol

Shroob

Sup?
I also remember my first ever episode of Inuyasha had a gratuitous shot of Kagomes ass.

.....that explains a lot tbh

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Dry Bones and a generic Boo are also among my go-tos for Mario spin-offs.

Birdo as well, though I'm not sure if she counts since she's only been an enemy in like, what, three games, total?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I remember the first time I tuned into Adult Swim as a kid and watched Inuyasha and Detective Conan.

I thought I was such a rebel for watching a TV-14 show.
It's funny how Adult Swim was the place to put any anime that didn't fit with the hyper censored dubbing industry regardless of how "mature" it actually was.

Now it's the ONLY place you can find ANY anime on television. Thanks Crunchyroll :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom