• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It does everything right, on a technical level.

Story is memorable and full of impact, the cast of characters is beautifully written, the music works sooooo well with the series, the animation is nice, and even the English dub works on most, if not all voices.

I dare say, that FMA Brotherhood is one of the ONLY shows out there... that's technically "perfect." 10/10
Nothing is perfect, but FMA is about as close as it gets, honestly.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
My ******* thought it meant like FedEx shipping, you really think a kid would actually read a content warning?
I read them too, I just think its funny that there's content warnings, its not like there's anything explicit

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Good. Like I said, I signed out the moment I saw that extremely gratuitous fanservice in the ****ing first episode of Highscool of the Dead. Never gave it another glance
Yo, I decided to try HSoTD when I was in high school, and I was the same way.

With the fanservice, I was like "ok this is ridiculous. Screw this show." I have other issues with it after reading up on the manga for a bit, but yeah that's one work I can't stand.

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure my first anime was Dragon Ball Z, the stereotypical gateway anime. Now 10 and some odd years later I'm somewhat of a weeb and I'm not sure if it's fully to blame or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh. Forgot I also technically saw Sonic X and Kirby Right Back At Ya fron 4Kids. But again, i considered them merely cartoons at the time

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
seriously I am not enjoying this celeste update

is this chapter supposed to only be played by geniuses or am I just a Bad Gamer

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh. Forgot I also technically saw Sonic X and Kirby Right Back At Ya fron 4Kids. But again, i considered them merely cartoons at the time
Sonic X and Kirby don’t count because they won’t turn you into a weeb.

Pokémon is barely on the edge of weebotry. DBZ is mainstream enough, but it’s still full weeb. Same with Naruto, Sailor Moon, One Piece, etc.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't even like anime all that much. It's not one of my preferred forms of entertainment or style of animation, and as a whole there are very few out there that pique my interest.

I definitely like Soul Eater, though. The Pokemon and Kirby animes are also entertaining.

Besides that, Dragon Ball, JoJo, FMA and OPM also seem interesting (typical picks, I know), but that's about it. I've only seen like two episodes of JoJo and I haven't watched any of those other three.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I only stomached Sword Art Online because I binged it with a friend.

I had... a lot of issues with that anime.

Tokyo Ghoul, as much as it is given **** for being "edgy" was a much better experience IMO.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Something tells me that the Rabbids specifically from Go Home are gonna be playable in Smash.

I REALLY HOPE SO SINCE THAT WAS A ****ING GEM OF A WII GAME! THEY ARE ALSO ONE OF MY MOST WANTEDS!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
You’re only as ugly as you’re terrible on the inside.

No matter how wrinkly and crinkly you may be. If your heart is good then your inner beauty will shine through and you’ll look as beautiful as anyone else.
This is the most wholesome, wise thing I've read today. Nice stuff.
I don't even like anime all that much. It's not one of my preferred forms of entertainment or style of animation, and as a whole there are very few out there that pique my interest.

I definitely like Soul Eater, though. The Pokemon and Kirby animes are also entertaining.

Besides that, Dragon Ball, JoJo, FMA and OPM also seem interesting (typical picks, I know), but that's about it. I've only seen like two episodes of JoJo and I haven't watched any of those other three.
You ever gonna finish Soul Eater btw? It's been forever since I've introduced you to it lol
I only stomached Sword Art Online because I binged it with a friend.

I had... a lot of issues with that anime.

Tokyo Ghoul, as much as it is given **** for being "edgy" was a much better experience IMO.
SAO... yeah. Mother's Rosario was the single arc that I liked because 1.) it didn't focus on Kirito, and 2.) the story was simple but enjoyable enough. I haven't bothered with Alicization.

Haven't seen TG but it's on my watch list as well since it was trendy a while ago.

D

Deleted member

Fanservice in anime is fine, but too much just becomes a turnoff imo.

Like, if I wanted that in my anime, I would just... you know.
Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Anime is no fun if boobies are shoved into your face every 0.1 seconds.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
My first anime was probably either Pokémon or DBZ as I remember them both being big parts of my childhood. After that I watched a couple others here and there like Sonic X and Kirby, but I didn't really get into anime until after watching Digimon at which point I started going more into the medium.

We need more Code Geass fans up in here.
*raises hand*

I watched that during my downtime at college, it and FMA:B were my saving grace during the crunch time for finals.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Since everyone is talking about their first anime I might as well chime in.

I don't exactly remember which anime was the first I watched. But I sure as hell know for a fact it's between Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai, Fist of the North Star, Future Boy Conan, Dragon Ball, and Detective Conan.

D

Deleted member

we talking anime now?

Okay, so my favorite anime is One Piece. Beautiful Story, great animation overall, easily one of the best anime of all time.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
my first anime was Pokémon.

Other ones I like/used to watch a lot:

• Hamtaro
  • Doraemon (yeah it first aired in the USA in 2015 and I never heard of it 'til then, thanks Disney)
  • Kirby Right Back At Ya
  • I've seen some Digimon and liked it, but tbh I don't care very much about it
  • Dragonball Z (I've watched some Kai and the one with Goku turned into a kid on Nicktoons when it was "Nicktoons Network;" I think I watched it more than I ever watched Digimon, I remember getting off whatever game I was playing and turning on the TV in the back of the house my family lived in to watch it; likewise, I always wanted to watch Pokémon at 5 everyday when it was on Boomerang and I had it set to record the entire series when we had DVR)
  • Sonic X but tbh I've only seen like 2 or 3 episodes from it, I remember just getting a DVD with two episodes when I was young and I saw part of an episode where Sonic was in the city wondering where he was, and he started running away from the police (which I've learned is the first episode); I guess this is just here because I like Sonic (tbh this is basically my situation with Hamtaro as well; just had a VHS tape with two episodes when I was really young, a Hamtaro plush toy I've had forever until about a year or two ago, and a couple of GBA games)

otherwise I'm not really into anime much aside from nice movies like The Gatherers/Borrowers or whatever that one with the tiny girl and her family was called.

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I think the first anime show I binge watched a bit was Sonic X.

I mean I was a easily excited Sonic Fan after playing Sonic and the Black Knight.

(That game ****ing rocks okay).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom