• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Playing Gears online made me realize how much I missed good Gears gameplay.

I wish I played more online multiplayer, because I do love Overwatch (Tracer for Smash!), but I just have so much in my backlog with much to come.

It’ll get done. But who knows when it will get done.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Eiken

Eiken

****ing Eiken

Oh Jesus Christ you poor soul. That’s one of the most abysmal anime’s I’ve ever laid eyes upon. And I’ve seen some garbage animes.
Look, I was in middle school, sometimes puberty hits, get a little hormonal, and bam, suddenly I wanted to watch shameless boob harem anime.

I blame AnimeVice for introducing me to that (Rest In Power)

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Three Houses has me invested in it like no other Fire Emblem game has before. The game is crazy addicting and I love the Golden Deer house.

I was pretty sick today and didn't feel like doing anything else, so I ended up playing it for about five hours straight...lmao.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai makes a surprise appearance at the Game Awards to announce the year's best racing game only for Scorpion's spear to shatter the screen again, wyd?
I’d be happy. And i’d come here to say things like “with Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters, and Virtua Fighter all in Smash, it’s only a matter of time before we get a Tekken character.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
My first anime was technically DBZ and then Naruto, I believe. I got into Hetalia and Black Butler during middle school when I actually learned anime was like it's own genre and not my naivety thinking it was all cartoons.

I binged all of Soul Eater after those, then binged Sword Art Online and Tokyo Ghoul eith a friend on Skype.

After that, the next anime I watched was Assassination Classroom followed by The Promised Neverland and then succeeded by My Hero Academia.

Oh, and somewhere around middle and high school I tried to watch Highscool of the Dead or whatever and immediately signed out the moment one of the girls was screaming and moaning on the ground while shots of her camel toe and breasts bouncing were shown.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Heh, my first anime was like that. It was Eiken, and it was so garbage, that it pissed me off, and turned me away from anime up until like Spring Break, where I binged MHA for some reason.

But despite me knowing it was trash, I still liked it. Middle school me was going through some weird changes.
Funny, in middle school, I watched my first anime, too. Only half of Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, which was pretty good, but apparently it's actually significantly lesser quality than the visual novel it's based on, so I might as well go buy that someday instead.

Otherwise, the only other anime I've actually watched was the first two episodes of Black Butler over a couple years ago because my girlfriend liked it and wanted to show me.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Watched Fullmetal Alchemist which was amazing, Pop Team Epic which was good. My Hero Academia which was a bit boring, (Kinda gave up after the first season.) and The Promised Neverland which was great.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, after somewhat getting back into anime (not really, MHA and DB+DBZ don't count), I can safely say that I do not tolerate Chi Chi hate, Make Yamcha Great Again, and Kyoka Jiro is best girl of MHA.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
My first anime (besides Pokémon lmao) was Sgt Frog.

I ****in love Sgt Frog.

Funny, in middle school, I watched my first anime, too. Only half of Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, which was pretty good, but apparently it's actually significantly lesser quality than the visual novel it's based on, so I might as well go buy that someday instead.

Otherwise, the only other anime I've actually watched was the first two episodes of Black Butler over a couple years ago because my girlfriend liked it and wanted to show me.
Sup Diem?

D

Deleted member

Not an anime guy, but FMA is amazing. Pride has to be the best character, in my opinion.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh yeah. Forgot about Pokémon. Put that in with DBZ and Naruto where I didn't even know the term "anime" existed yet and jist considered them cartoons

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Best Wishes was my first Pokemon anime.

It was also around that time where I discovered the wormhole known as Shipping.

Thanks Bulbapedia

I only ship like 2 pairs, and that's Deku and Ochaco, and Denki and Jiro, so neither are Pokemon related lol.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
My first anime ever was roughly a toss-up between Pokemon and Naruto. LOVED both as a kid, and I respect what they did but now I have new favorites. And Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is not only my favorite anime of all time, it's also my top rated SHOW of all time. In general. Which means I have it above the likes of Breaking Bad; I love it that much.

Speaking of anime and Naruto... who's ready to storm area 51 in a week? Lets see them aliens :p

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
We need more Code Geass fans up in here.
I actually considered watching Code Geass, because I discovered it through Code MENT and ended up wiki-ing a bunch of info from it to get some context, and at one point tried to look up the original scene for something, but came across this scene instead and couldn't take it seriously.

I mean, if their intention was to imitate how melodramatic highschoolers would actually talk, at least they got that down.

Sup Diem?
Howdy, friend!

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion

Thanks Bulbapedia

I only ship like 2 pairs, and that's Deku and Ochaco, and Denki and Jiro, so neither are Pokemon related lol.
I ship KiriBaku.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

Thanks Bulbapedia

I only ship like 2 pairs, and that's Deku and Ochaco, and Denki and Jiro
bulbapedia has content warnings for it's shipping articles lol

D

Deleted member

My first anime ever was roughly a toss-up between Pokemon and Naruto. LOVED both as a kid, and I respect what they did but now I have new favorites. And Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is not only my favorite anime of all time, it's also my top rated SHOW of all time. In general. Which means I have it above the likes of Breaking Bad; I love it that much.

Speaking of anime and Naruto... who's ready to storm area 51 in a week? Lets see them aliens :p
FMA just did a lot of things right, honestly.

pride gang pride gang

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I actually considered watching Code Geass, because I discovered it through Code MENT and ended up wiki-ing a bunch of info from it to get some context, and at one point tried to look up the original scene for something, but came across this scene instead and couldn't take it seriously.

I mean, if their intention was to imitate how melodramatic highschoolers would actually talk, at least they got that down.

Howdy, friend!
That's really the only thing I don't like about Code Geass: the haminess is kinda glaring at points. Even still, I ended up loving the story that was made, and the characters, love them or hate them, are memorable and most are key to the plot.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Good. Like I said, I signed out the moment I saw that extremely gratuitous fanservice in the ****ing first episode of Highscool of the Dead. Never gave it another glance

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
FMA just did a lot of things right, honestly.

pride gang pride gang
It does everything right, on a technical level.

Story is memorable and full of impact, the cast of characters is beautifully written, the music works sooooo well with the series, the animation is nice, and even the English dub works on most, if not all voices.

I dare say, that FMA Brotherhood is one of the ONLY shows out there... that's technically "perfect." 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom