• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Im honestly hoping for one of these 3:

Mettaton
Undyne
Steve

Pretty much anything would get me hyped after Terry thou.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
character #5 could be anyone really, I think it's gonna surprise us like terry did

there's never anything to really talk about until there's a leak of some sort

D

Deleted member

character #5 could be anyone really, I think it's gonna surprise us like terry did

I've heard rumors that Fighter #5 would be announced today, but I can't remember the source, so doubtful.

If i recall, the leak said the character would be Female, and be a character no one wanted(and it's not Tracer)

No proof though, so I don't really care.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ifeel like drinking myself into a coma right now
One of those days? Though obviously I wouldn't recommend doing that.

I feel like since Cloud you could say "it could be anyone" and that'd be pretty accurate. Can't wait to see what new weirdo Sakurai will bring out next. Hopefully it'll be another one I like.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I've heard rumors that Fighter #5 would be announced today, but I can't remember the source, so doubtful.

If i recall, the leak said the character would be Female, and be a character no one wanted(and it's not Tracer)

the second one was an ancient leak from a couple weeks ago that was false since terry wasn't female

the first one is absolutely false

D

Deleted member

the second one was an ancient leak from a couple weeks ago that was false since terry wasn't female

the first one is absolutely false
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. You never know with Nintendo thou, they may pull a fast one on us. Especially in regards to Smash.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Yeah, they would totally announce fighter #5 when we barely know anything about Terry's moveset or when exactly in November he's supposed to be released.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't know who fighter #5 will be, but I have a feeling it isn't gonna be Crash, Doom Slayer, or any other character frequently mentioned in this thread.

If I'm being completely honest, so far, this pass has been underwhelming compared to the base roster, and I just want to get this last character over with so we can move on to whatever comes next. I know that sounds negative, but my opinions on the four characters have all fallen within, "Cool, but not someone I really wanted".

Maybe this last character will surprise me, but given Smash's record of revealing the best sooner than later, I'm not betting on it.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't know who fighter #5 will be, but I have a feeling it isn't gonna be Crash, Doom Slayer, or any other character frequently mentioned in this thread.
Considering that Ultimate isn't Smash 4+Spring Man and Rex, echoes didn't mean Shadow became playable, our Microsoft fighter isn't Steve, and fighter 4 wasn't from Capcom, Namco, or Tecmo...

Also, consider how people think another Nintendo character wouldn't be the best.

D

Deleted member

Im feeling like fighter 5 will be either from Dark Souls, Tales or Monster Hunter for some reason.

Anyways, hope it is a big surprise that is not leaked.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel like our next DLC fighter may possibly come from a new company. Terry and Banjo both did, and Joker had Atlus even though it's technically part of SEGA, really, Hero was the only one in the pack to not come from a new company at all.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly

Are these the only characters to have new renders made for their spirits?
Did they make this art for Ultimate?
I've never seen these before.

Edit: If they did, they could've done a better job on the Mighty Jinjonator. His art is kind of lame.
All of them are new with exception of Mumbo Jumbo and the Jiggy. The Jiggy uses artwork from Banjo-Kazooie, and Mumbo Jumbo uses artwork from Banjo-Tooie.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Fighter five is actually mike Jones giving us the real retro rep this game

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Guys, this is just my curiosity. I'm simply curious about how long it'll be until we gets them.

D

Deleted member

Hey, what'd I miss?

I see the thread is not in pieces, so that's a good sign.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
My gut says Dark Souls, Hayabusa, or Layton for character 5. Hopin for Phoenix till the end.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
If Monster Hunter can get into Smash, there's nothing stopping Artorias, Solaire, or The Chosen Undead/Hunter/etc. from getting in after.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Even though there aren’t any more leaks with Hayabusa that have credibility, I feel as though he could very well be the pick.

Considering all the stuff Sakurai says about the different amount of series being in Smash, I expect nothing but new series, mainly being 3rd party

If the last pick is Hayabusa, I’m thinking pass 2 could be based on any sort of research Nintendo has done into speculation during the first pass. Meaning, I think:

Leon/Jill
Dante
Doom Slayer
Crash
Dark Souls character
Heihachi

Could easily be on the table. Dante feels inevitable to me for whatever reason. It’s just...a gut feeling. Like even though RE is my most wanted, it’s just a feeling I have. Having Devil Trigger just absolutely seems like something Sakurai would use for Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom