• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The condo-mate who was renting their room transferred, so without talking with each other, my roommate and the other condo-mate tried to fill the spot with their sibling/best friend. The 4 of them ended up trying to gang up on me and pressure me to move rooms (one where it was objectively worse). They even tried bribing me with $ and their significant other. Eventually they gave up and worked on a different solution to their problem.

Now if only my Bachelor of Arts was worth a damn. 4 years out and I still can't find a job that makes at least $30k a year.
What did you get your Bachelor of Arts in; subject? If I may ask?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
What did you get your Bachelor of Arts in; subject? If I may ask?
International Relations, with a minor in Japanese. Got out in 4 years with *** Laude honors. :ohwell:

EDIT: I guess the Latin got censored. lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As someone who thinks all of humanity is evil, I take great offense to this claim.
I know this is just a jokr but I'll never be able to agree with the idea that humanity is evil. I mean, it's not free from evil, but inherently? Nah, humans are cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
The Hero and Rosalina Kafrizz glitch is just as ridiculous as the PT-Joker Rebel Guard glitch.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A historical moment in the Pokemon anime is gonna happen this Sunday.

View attachment 238023

And with that, the memes about Ash never winning a league are gone forever.
Yeah then toracat will evolve and give incenroar five minutes of screen time then still job the kukui fight

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
No way Ash wins the league. Like, its tradition at this point, some ***pull is gonna happen, and he loses

Also, I had to censor asspull, so uh... found a glitch in the censors.
Also, I wasn't trying to be funny with that, if the mods read this, just notify whoever's in charge of censoring missed a term.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know this is just a jokr but I'll never be able to agree with the idea that humanity is evil. I mean, it's not free from evil, but inherently? Nah, humans are cool.
Can't believe Shish and I agree on something. We in this.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Hmm... I feel like there is more context to that image.

It's just... Unbelievable to think they'd abandon tradition

D

Deleted member

Hmm... I feel like there is more context to that image.

It's just... Unbelievable to think they'd abandon tradition
Alola was the first to do away with the traditional gym system. I believe it even if the memes have to die.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Mfw my low effort Dinkleberg meme gets a bunch of likes:
19-chris-pratt-andy-surprise-face.jpg

Y'all are cultured peeps.

Also in regards to Ash and the Alola league...

Idk.

Might be a bait promo or it could be the real deal. We just gotta wait and see.

D

Deleted member

Used to be human, Grunty cursed him to look like that.
tbh I don't even think he used to be human, he looks like a Jinjo with a skull for a head
Do you guys think Banjo's playstyle is faithful to his source material/games?

Personally. I think Banjo having a Zoning/Setup Hybrid playstyle with some All Around sprinkled in, is more based on Banjo Tooie. Since from what I've heard, you focus a lot more on your eggs.
It's definitely more faithful to Tooie, eggs and especially grenades were your best friends for everything beyond the most basic enemies. I don't really mind though, I have a lot of fun with the hybrid trap/bait-and-punish/scrapper style gameplay they have, it makes you use of most of their moveset just like the games do.

D

Deleted member

The one thing I wished Banjo did was if you're in the air, you use the flight pads instead of the jump pads. Flight pads were way more memorable than the higher jump.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know

Speculation and leaks becomes 100 times funnier if you imagine all the posts here in ****ing Chills voice

"Number 15: Box Theory.

It could be fake but it could also be real, I don't really about this one, it looks real to me, what do you think?"

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
A historical moment in the Pokemon anime is gonna happen this Sunday.

View attachment 238023

And with that, the memes about Ash never winning a league are gone forever.
Calling it now - it's a dream, a daydream, someone who looks a lot like Ash but isn't actually him, Ash's never-before-mentioned identical twin, a robot doppelganger, a Skrull/shapeshifter/Ditto, happens in an alternate universe, an elaborate illusion that Team Rocket created to steal Pikachu, or
Ash took the trophy when the real champion wasn't looking.
I think I've covered all of the comic book explanations for this sort of thing?

On an unrelated note, I just watched a Dracula movie starring Christopher Lee. Bela Lugosi's still the definitive Dracula for me, but the one advantage that Christopher Lee has is his piercing stare. (Bela Lugosi looked slightly confused by comparison) Surprisingly, despite being made thirty seven years later, it didn't really take advantage of the amount of violence that it could use aside from the scenes where Dracula gets staked. (those were just off-screen in the original Universal movie)

Shroob

Sup?
Calling it now - it's a dream, a daydream, someone who looks a lot like Ash but isn't actually him, Ash's never-before-mentioned identical twin, a robot doppelganger, a Skrull/shapeshifter/Ditto, happens in an alternate universe, an elaborate illusion that Team Rocket created to steal Pikachu, or
Ash took the trophy when the real champion wasn't looking.
I think I've covered all of the comic book explanations for this sort of thing?

On an unrelated note, I just watched a Dracula movie starring Christopher Lee. Bela Lugosi's still the definitive Dracula for me, but the one advantage that Christopher Lee has is his piercing stare. (Bela Lugosi looked slightly confused by comparison) Surprisingly, despite being made thirty seven years later, it didn't really take advantage of the amount of violence that it could use aside from the scenes where Dracula gets staked. (those were just off-screen in the original Universal movie)
Hammer, right?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hammer, right?
Yeah, it was Dracula Has Risen From The Grave.

Don't know if that's one of the better ones, but I'm mainly familiar with Christopher Lee through his work in Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, so I wanted to see one of his older roles. Aside from those, I think I've only seen him in Tim Burton's Willy Wonka movie and the James Bond movie The Man With the Golden Gun.

Plus, I had the same idea for Peter Cushing, who I only know as Grand Moff Tarkin in Star Wars, and that movie came in a four-pack with another Hammer Dracula movie, their version of the Mummy with both actors, and a Frankenstein movie with Cushing.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Same here. There's a farm next door outside my window right now. Ended up staying in dorms my entire time at college. I even opted to stay in the exact same room for 3 years. Apartments were Junior year and above only so they were always full of alcohol. Plus they were basically an extra half-mile walk plus no cafeteria benefits.

Freshman year was stressful to the extent I was feeling physical illnesses. Campus police was on our floor once a week. Next door neighbors didn't care about the volume level when they played guitar (neither did the RA). My roommate always had their significant other or twin sibling over, while my condo-mate was renting out their room for $$$ to random strangers. Only good part was that during the 2nd semester, due to idiots being idiots, when my roommates tried to kick me out I stood my ground and they themselves moved out and left me the entire room to myself. :teeth:

Aside from suffering from depression, especially on the weekends when everyone in the dorm goes home/commuter campus, Sophomore year and above got significantly better.
Yeah, I was happy to live on my own. It was awesome not having any roommates but I thought perhaps I should so one of my friend’s wanted to move out of the exchange student dorms due to drama. So it was agreed upon by the foreign exchange student council that we could have an apartment together. It was a lot of fun and we always had a lot of foreign exchange students over so it was pretty interesting. We ended up taking in two other exchange students unofficially off and on. So at one time it was me, my Japanese friend, a Korean student, and a Taiwanese student with the two crashing on our couches on occasion. It was a lot of fun. We also lived in the area of our university town called Little China as the housing “catered” to the Chinese stupid population. Meaning the landlord offered cheaper housing through word of mouth and targeted the Chinese student population.

Not bad for a port.
Ahem....why do you have be all “it’s port” like that. It’s demeaning, insensitive, and altogether horribly wrong. Call it for what it is.

It’s an enhanced port.

Geez, you think some people would have for tact.

That’s why the community is the laughing stock of the universe.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
If they actually ditch Ash in the next Pokemon anime, I will seriously consider watching it.

I didn't start out disliking Ash, I enjoyed him enough in Kanto, the Orange Islands, and Johto, and I guess Hoenn, but you can really only tolerate the same 10 year old blundering through the world with wide-eyed idiocy so many times.

Shroob

Sup?
Ahem....why do you have be all “it’s port” like that. It’s demeaning, insensitive, and altogether horribly wrong. Call it for what it is.

It’s an enhanced port.

Geez, you think some people would have for tact.

That’s why the community is the laughing stock of the universe.
>Mods double posting

Wait, that's illegal.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
>Mods double posting

Wait, that's illegal.
Shhh you saw nothing

Perhaps you saw something or you thought you saw anything but that something was nothing and wasn’t anything that would become something as it was altogether nothing so you didn’t see anything and just saw nothing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom