• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If they actually ditch Ash in the next Pokemon anime, I will seriously consider watching it.

I didn't start out disliking Ash, I enjoyed him enough in Kanto, the Orange Islands, and Johto, and I guess Hoenn, but you can really only tolerate the same 10 year old blundering through the world with wide-eyed idiocy so many times.
Honestly the best Ash was XY Ash. He was smart, confident, have a stacked team and the arcs that season are really well done. Some of the best episodes imo. The flare arc was also pretty hype. The league loss sucked but until then Ash still kicked ass.
Okay but if they ditch Ash, will they ditch Pikachu too?
Probably not but I wouldn’t be completely shocked. You could just as easily promote new starters as you could Pikachu

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Keep you eye out on Sword and Shield promo material. Whichever starter is pushed is the most likely to enter Smash

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
So... What would everyone think of the Ringfit Trainer/lady getting in smash?

C'mon. People might get enraged, but the character itself would be funny, you know it.

No? Just me?
I would actually approve of her in Smash
****, I have a weird taste in characters anyway so idk

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

C'mon. People might get enraged, but the character itself would be funny, you know it.

No? Just me?
It be neat so I’m down

D

Deleted member

No? Just me?
Wii Fit Trainer kind of serves the same gimmick. Wouldn't be down for that, at least for DLC.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Like one section, and thanks fo Scrubquotes, gained traction.

Also Leffen.

Well, I'm bringing this up because a several days ago, a Salem took a tourney with Hero (Snake too, but mostly Hero), and I'm not hearing any ban discussion, so I guess everyone gave up?
People are discussing banning hero every single day, but it'll get nowhere, because the smash community does not, and will not ever ban any character.

People have already put forth all their arguments, but ultimately it's up to the mass majority of TOs whether they want to do it or not and more likely than not, they won't do anything about any ban until Hero literally robs a big event.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Hello can I ask you to take a moment out of your busy lives

Creepy fake Poplio final evolution

ba8b1cd5171ba2f92421f9de6988973c.jpg

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
People are discussing banning hero every single day, but it'll get nowhere, because the smash community does not, and will not ever ban any character.

People have already put forth all their arguments, but ultimately it's up to the mass majority of TOs whether they want to do it or not and more likely than not, they won't do anything about any ban until Hero literally robs a big event.
Can't wait for Evo 2020 Grand Finals, MKLeo gets Thwacked 20 times in a row, all which kill.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hello can I ask you to take a moment out of your busy lives

Creepy fake Poplio final evolution

View attachment 238037
This takes me back.

A week or two after this image got out and everyone got attached to Ballio, the real evolutions leaked. There were flame wars over which group of starters were real and it was hilarious.

The Sun and Moon season was wild lmao

D

Deleted member

Like one section, and thanks fo Scrubquotes, gained traction.

Also Leffen.

Well, I'm bringing this up because a several days ago, a Salem took a tourney with Hero (Snake too, but mostly Hero), and I'm not hearing any ban discussion, so I guess everyone gave up?
Salem mostly used Hero as a counterpick, he resorted to Snake for most of top 8. A lot of people seem to have fallen on the mindset Hero being an okay character with serious flaws, with sheer RNG not being able to push him far enough to the upper-echelons of the tier list or where he becomes unmanageable. He loses hard to characters to can keep him from doing anything and know where to position themselves where his spells pose basically no threat, and his frame data makes it hard for him to hold advantage without mana and get out of disadvantage save for a lucky topdeck.
We'll probably see him used sometimes as a secondary or a counterpick like Salem has been doing but I seriously doubt we'll see any solo Hero mains winning majors or causing massive upsets like people were worried about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I can’t find them, but I think the same guy tried to do evolutions for the SW/SH starters. The reason no one latched onto them is because they looked like hot trash.

His S/M evolutions were weird, but they were kinda cool too. Even Ballio.

But these guys...hoo boy did they suck.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Salem mostly used Hero as a counterpick, he resorted to Snake for most of top 8. A lot of people seem to have fallen on the mindset Hero being an okay character with serious flaws, with sheer RNG not being able to push him far enough to the upper-echelons of the tier list or where he becomes unmanageable. He loses hard to characters to can keep him from doing anything and know where to position themselves where his spells pose basically no threat, and his frame data makes it hard for him to hold advantage without mana and get out of disadvantage save for a lucky topdeck.
We'll probably see him used sometimes as a secondary or a counterpick like Salem has been doing but I seriously doubt we'll see any solo Hero mains winning majors.
Def a Mid to High tier. As far to much going for him to be a Low, but not enough to be a Top tier.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Remember when this little guy was leaked?

So do I.

Alas, this precious Water-type platypus starter was never meant to be. Just another fake, however adorable and well-made it was.

But hey, I have Grookey now instead, so all is forgiven.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Good morning ya all.
This is so ****ing CLEEAAANNN.
It's...it's....
it's art!.gif

Having a game look this good should be punished by the law.

Also, heyyyyyy, look at who is at the end!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Def a Mid to High tier. As far to much going for him to be a Low, but not enough to be a Top tier.
Most people have been putting him solidly middle of the road, which I think is fair. I personally think some of his matchups are a little too against him for him to reach high tier, but I was wrong about Joker and will probably be wrong about Banjo so we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom