• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm gonna put my chips down on the table.

I legit think, at this time, we're going to end this 'cycle' with a bonus character.

I'm not sure 'who' that character is, but considering we now know that DLC is coming that's not part of the fighter's pass, and the current version of classic mode has room for 3 more characters before you gotta do some finagling.

I think, personally, it'll be a character who doesn't get a stage like Plant.
Okay so are you saying we're only getting one bonus fighter or just ending this specific cycle of DLC with a bonus character and not the entire DLC cycle? Cause uh I would bet against us getting only one bonus fighter.

But either way I think Geno fits that so he may be the character to end this specific cycle of DLC if that is indeed what you were referencing.

Shroob

Sup?
Okay so are you saying we're only getting one bonus fighter or just ending this specific cycle of DLC with a bonus character and not the entire DLC cycle? Cause uh I would bet against us getting only one bonus fighter.

But either way I think Geno fits that so he may be the character to end this specific cycle of DLC if that is indeed what you were referencing.
This cycle.

Wrap up the fighters pass with a bonus character

Announce pass 2 at E3

StormC

Smash Hero
Keep in mind Hero and Banjo's videos were recorded a few days apart, so if Geno's costume wasn't included, it's possible it's because they already decided on a season 2 and decided Geno would be on it.

I'm not going to try to predict the roster anymore, but I'm just throwing that out there.

Shroob

Sup?
Like, I know I'm kinda going all crazy conspiracy theory over here but:

It's not like Nintendo to just leave us with nothing to speculate on, and what I mean by that is:

Terry's coming out in November, a mere 2 months away from now, and as far as we can tell, there's almost assuredly not going to be a Direct that month.

It feels like 'something' is going to happen.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Wait, there's unlockable costumes in M&S? I can't wait to unlock my boi's...

It's gonna be just colors for him isn't it? No personality like he used to get...
Only Sonic characters are wearing new outfits as foreshadowing customizable sonic like mario in odyssey in the next sonic game

Noipoi

Howdy!
Can I even survive another 9 months of dlc speculation?

Eventually I think I’m just gonna have to tap out, for my own sanity lmao

Shroob

Sup?

How cute.

You think it'll only be 9 months if they're actually filling all 10 of those slots.

Try another 2 YEARS.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm gonna put my chips down on the table.

I legit think, at this time, we're going to end this 'cycle' with a bonus character.

I'm not sure 'who' that character is, but considering we now know that DLC is coming that's not part of the fighter's pass, and the current version of classic mode has room for 3 more characters before you gotta do some finagling.

I think, personally, it'll be a character who doesn't get a stage like Plant.
>Mii costume still missing(It could come later but that's a 50/50 thing)

>Exactly TWO songs copyright struck

It could very well be.
In addition, while he could get his own stage, Geno is still a Mario character and you could get away with not adding a stage and just the music for Mario stages. It’s also possible that the bonus character gets a stage too, but that’s debatable. Plant seemed to be planned for base game so it makes sense why he didn’t have one plus he didn’t need one with all the other Mario stages. Geno could go either way if in though

StormC

Smash Hero
Well, at least we know for a fact that a majority of the current poll was wrong.

Let me ask you guys who said no to more fighters; how did you react when the news came up?
Slowly catching up on the thread, but: absolutely shocked, but also... kind of not?

Smash Ultimate is the best selling fighting game of all time and Sakurai's right, they will never get another chance like this with all of these characters and companies in the game. While I'm not sure I'm ready for another season of Sakurai's wild ride, **** it. Bring it on. Let's see how crazy this game gets. It's going to go down as one of the most ambitious video games in history and for sure my all time favorite.

I just hope I get 2-3 more characters I like, assuming we're getting 5+ more. Not every character has to appeal to me, but I'll be a tad miffed if I'm left high and dry by season 2.

But only a tad.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Of course you can.

And by that I mean you're not allowed to leave. You're trapped here with the rest of us.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How cute.

You think it'll only be 9 months if they're actually filling all 10 of those slots.

Try another 2 YEARS.
I'm gonna guess it'll be another 5 max. Maybe not a full on "season 2" But close enough, y'know. If it's a full 10, then that'll be clean.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I actually recorded my reaction to the whole direct.

There’s no video, just audio of my stupid comments.

I probably won’t upload it.

D

Deleted member

I actually recorded my reaction to the whole direct.

There’s no video, just audio of my stupid comments.

I probably won’t upload it.
Do it do it do it do it! I wanna hear your reaction to the Sans Mii Costume! Unless you feel uncomfortable with posting your voice then you don't have to but otherwise I would really like to see (or hear in this case) your reaction to Sans.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Do we know if Sakurai decided to add more characters outside of the fighter's pass after the game released?

If so, then "the character is a spirit" is a invalid counterargument for future fighters.

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
Also, after messing with Banjo, apparently D-Air spike sends at a awkward angle so D-Throw to D-Air is a thing near ledge.

Also Side B is broken as heck.

D

Deleted member

Oh I got my reaction to Sans

That's honestly great. I'm glad that not only did you get Sans in some sort of way but that Undertale has any sort of representation period it's honestly incredible. Sans not only gets the best Mii Costume but he also gets a remix of Megalovania which is incredibly awesome for just a Mii Costume.

And Toby Fox I'm sure he's thrilled with having some sort of Undertale representation in Smash cause in the span of 5-7 years he went from a dude just making a rom hack for one of his favorite games to having one of the most recognizable indie franchises and beloved characters to even getting representation in Smash which I'm sure as he made an Earthbound hack loves Nintendo and loves Smash.

Honestly everything about Sans being a Mii Costume is incredible. Would it be better if he was a character? Sure but this is already breathtakingly amazing. I'm glad you got some representation for one of your favorite games/franchises.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
After listening to Megalovania, I realized something quite astonishing.

It was pointed out by someone else that this Megalovania is mixed with Homestuck's Megalovania. But its also got two different songs used in it as well: Asgore and Bonestrosle.

Take a listen again. Keep your ears open at 2:04 onwards.

Toby Fox, you are a ****ing god.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Finally off work, so now I get to post my reaction to the Nintendo direct.

- Cramorant is a good boy and if I see any of you talking smack about him I will personally come to your house a spit a fish in your face. Oh, and more Trainer customization seems neat but I'm still skeptical of male trainers having real hair and outfit options this time.

- Oh sweet Sothis if miis weren't memey enough already now we have Sans and Megalovania in Smash. I'm not even an Undertale fan and I think that's hype.

- Terry seems alright. He's kind of the inevitable choice for an SNK character and I think we all knew it was going to be him deep down, but dang it if bird girl didn't seem more interesting. But 'tis the nature of a cross over, the biggest name takes priority.

...Wait Banjo is out already? Why am I posting this here? I should be playing Smash right now.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
So now I've got to wonder: supposing the fighters following the FP aren't part of a new Pass, will they come with stages and such? Plant didn't, and who knows if they'll continue to add stuff like that.

And will they even be able to fit them all on the banner above the site, lmao

D

Deleted member

Alright so I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or an out there prediction but with the way things are going I believe we won't be getting just 5 character or 6 or even 7 but the whole 10 characters the WoL slots lead us to believe will be added if not more cause Smash 4 had slots added mid-way through IIRC so they could do the same thing with Ultimate. Here's a few reasons why I believe this:

1) The WoL slots as I said were detamined to have at least 10 and with Smash 4 all of their ID's were filled out so why would Ultimate be any different? I doubt it would be.

2) Sakurai said he wants to continue doing Smash DLC for as long as he can stating something along the lines of "I doubt we could pull off something like Smash Ultimate ever again so I would like to improve on this record/roster as much as possible" that to me doesn't sound like someone who wants to quit or is struggling to keep up with DLC it sounds like someone who looks forward to doing more DLC and adding more DLC characters for as long as possible.

and a plethora of other reasons I am too tired to go into. I think we could be looking at an upwards of 2+ years of DLC but hey, I've certainly been wrong before and I could be wrong now but as far as I'm concerned or know Sakurai wants to keep adding onto the roster until it's impossible and the business practice nowadays is a boat load of DLC.

Anyways 2 Or more years of Smash DLC doesn't sound too unlikely to me anymore but if we only get what we get after the pass then I'm happy as long as Geno is in which now he very well may be. Sakurai is an amazing dude and I'm sure whatever he does will be great.

Anyways I'm going to sleep it's 3:12 AM and I've just been messing around with Sans and Banjo all day I need to do something other than pull an all nighter and play as Sans.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If it’s not Geno as the free character, I bet it goes to Rex and Pyramid. There is huge demand for them, Sakurai said he costume was a constellation because they couldn’t make pass one, they wouldn’t really need a new stage.

It would all make a lot of sense

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
- Doom 64 and Doom Eternal set to release on Nov. 22nd.

- Terry comes out in Nov. and we'll likely get the final DLC fighter revealed.

- FPS mechanics already exist in the game.

- Adds an entirely new company to the crossover IIRC

Hrmmm...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom