• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
But ya I'll pin the Terry 'presentation' for the first week of November, seems logical enough.

Gets it in before Sword/Shield comes out.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't imagine if this serious happened lmao...
View attachment 236938
"Look I really know I shouldn't be overworking myself like this but I really had to show the world why Golden Deer is the best house.

P.S. Edelgard and Dimitri smell like poo-poo." - Sakurai, probably.

Jokes aside I'm still not betting on another FE character but I won't lie, it is looking a lot more likely to me all of a sudden.

Shroob

Sup?
That's the one thing I don't get about Sakurai.

"Will I ever get time off?"

"My hands are in pain."

"I'll never get to retire."

........."But I also want to continue my record."

Jesus, someone invest in cyborg hands for the poor man if he's literally gonna work himself to the bone.

StormC

Smash Hero
That's the one thing I don't get about Sakurai.

"Will I ever get time off?"

"My hands are in pain."

"I'll never get to retire."

........."But I also want to continue my record."

Jesus, someone invest in cyborg hands for the poor man if he's literally gonna work himself to the bone.
Japanese work addiction is real. The good news is, DLC development is significantly less stressful than a full on game. It's almost a vacation for him.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Japanese work addiction is real. The good news is, DLC development is significantly less stressful than a full on game. It's almost a vacation for him.
Also Sakurai doesn't have to worry about overseeing any new game modes as Home Run Contest is apparently the last one

StormC

Smash Hero
Also Sakurai doesn't have to worry about overseeing any new game modes as Home Run Contest is apparently the last one
I could see Boss Battles get thrown in since it's relatively simple and doesn't require any new content to be developed, but yeah. It would be unsustainable to develop free modes going into season 2.

Shroob

Sup?
Gonna have a super hot take.

Everyone's saying "Fighter's Pass 2!"

And while I agree that's the most logical solution considering the 10 extra slots, the ad makes reference to not only say that the characters are not included in the current Fighters pass but that they're also "sold separately."

Sure, you can also buy the current fighters separately, but something about them needing to point that out seems sus.

Considering it feels like a LOT of people have hopped aboard the potential for a bonus character after the Fighters Pass ends to 'round' out this cycle before a potential 2nd wave, it feels like an odd way to word it.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero

And while I agree that's the most logical solution considering the 10 extra slots, the ad makes reference to not only say that the characters are not included in the current Fighters pass but that they're also "sold separately."

Sure, you can also buy the current fighters separately, but something about them needing to point that out seems sus.

Considering it feels like a LOT of people have hopped aboard the potential for a bonus character after the Fighters Pass ends to 'round' out this cycle before a potential 2nd wave, it feels like an odd way to word it.
"Season 2" is faster to type out than "post-Fighters Pass DLC." Everyone knows what you mean when you say it.

Shroob

Sup?
"Season 2" is faster to type out than "post-Fighters Pass DLC." Everyone knows what you mean when you say it.
But they never said season 2.

Nowhere in the vid does it mention a season 2, it just says "We're making more characters" and the disclaimer says they're:

"Not part of the Fighter's Pass"

and

"Will be sold separately"

It's actually completely ambiguous if this means a 2nd pass or a bunch of stand alones.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's funny to me that people usually hate Mii Costumes of fan favorite characters because they deconfirm, but everyone seems 100% okay with Sans.

Probably because most of his fans recognized he was just a pipe dream anyway.

StormC

Smash Hero
But they never said season 2.

Nowhere in the vid does it mention a season 2, it just says "We're making more characters" and the disclaimer says they're:

"Not part of the Fighter's Pass"

and

"Will be sold separately"

It's actually completely ambiguous if this means a 2nd pass or a bunch of stand alones.
I know they never said season 2. It's an informal and convenient way to refer to the next series of characters.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I know they never said season 2. It's an informal and convenientway to refer to the next series of characters.
Which is my point.

Currently as is, there's really nothing saying that they're going to offer another bundle and some signs pointing to "they're gonna be stand alones."

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I don't think that's a super hot take.

The way it's worded, to me it sounds like we might be getting Piranha Plant style DLC, where it's individual characters sold seperately.

Not even sure if they'll come with stages but I was doubtful we'd get any more DLC beyond the Fighter's Pass.

Shroob

Sup?
The outcome is the same, we're still getting more content post the Pass.

Just there may not be a 2nd pass and all the characters may be akin to Piranha Plant where you just buy them.

The only real difference is you won't get a discount for buying them in a pass-format.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

I think they might have just not wanted to announce a second fighter pass while the first one is incomplete

Shroob

Sup?
I think they might have just not wanted to announce a second fighter pass while the first one is incomplete
I mean, at the end of the day, what's the difference?

Logically speaking, you're announcing that there's going to be "More DLC" after the pass before the pass is even over, considering today's reactions, people were already going to assume Season 2 regardless of how you worded it.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I mean, at the end of the day, what's the difference?

Logically speaking, you're announcing that there's going to be "More DLC" after the pass before the pass is even over, considering today's reactions, people were already going to assume Season 2 regardless of how you worded it.
I dunno man

I hope its another pass though cause individual dlc sucks

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I assumed the reason they didn't announce a pass for the upcoming DLC characters is because they haven't decided on a final number yet, and don't want to restrict themselves at that. I'm getting the impression all the characters after the first pass weren't planned ahead of time and are just "let's add these guys while we're at it" additions.

What if Sakurai and co pick a fourth character and decides that's when to call it quits? What if they plan on making four, make a cheaper pass with only 4 spots, but decide to make two more characters near the end of development? I see this as them leaving their options open as to how many characters they're going to add.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Not gonna lie that Terry trailer threw me off at first

"They're doing a system timeline? Now they're going back ... all the way? Mr. Game and Watch 2: Son of Game and Watch"

Great trailer, even if the character isn't personally hype 4 me

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sakurai didn't seem overly enthused by the concept of the Fighters Pass, or at least not the "buy something before you know what it is" part of it, so I imagine that might have played a part in the additional DLC not being a second Fighters Pass. There's also a solid chance that the development team will be even smaller for the additional DLC, some of the developers might only have signed up for the initial DLC plan, so I'd expect it to be a bit more like Smash 4 where not every character comes with a stage + music.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I don't need a new stage or any remixes (maybe just one) for my most wanted character, so they could work fine as standalone DLC - though I'm highly doubting they'd make it in based on Sakurai's comments

The rest I'd like to see with stages and remixes, especially the third parties, but having them playable in game would be more than enough

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
It's funny to me that people usually hate Mii Costumes of fan favorite characters because they deconfirm, but everyone seems 100% okay with Sans.

Probably because most of his fans recognized he was just a pipe dream anyway.
I think if he didn't come with a face like most the Mii outfits it'd been a harder pill to swallow for people.

Kinda wish they did this for all the Mii outfits. Mii faces are pretty hideous thinking about it. Tails and Knuckles would look a lot less weird...

D

Deleted member

Imagine being a video game classic, only to be overshadowed by a funny bone man.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Doomguy continues to seem more likely what with the Doom 64 port and all, though depending on when those Bethesda talks were it could be a case of additional DLC rather than the fighter pack

Though at least speculation around him will be better with the knowledge that is isn't just Fighter 5 or nothing and we can speculate more widely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom