• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
tfw i still can't get a handle on how banjo plays so now sans undertale is my patch main

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Sans in Smash easily was the low point of the direct. But atleast that **** won’t get an actual character and stage so it’s not all bas, eh?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
It's funny to me that people usually hate Mii Costumes of fan favorite characters because they deconfirm, but everyone seems 100% okay with Sans.

Probably because most of his fans recognized he was just a pipe dream anyway.
To be fair the Sans costume literally replaces the entire Mii - you can't tell what's underneath it at all. Honestly they should've done that early for characters like Geno.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sans in Smash easily was the low point of the direct. But atleast that **** won’t get an actual character and stage so it’s not all bas, eh?
As always, the Black Eagle is wrong.

D

Deleted member

Sans impressions:
-Up Smash is just bad Samus Up Smash which means it sucks ass
-Tilts are very okayish
-FSmash is just broken and then Up Air is just that but in the air
-He gets, like, 3 variations for each special? Guy's busted
-Sometimes he feels like a Ness clone tho, same Side B and Down B...
-Good partner Pokemon is Snivy so try to get one when using him
-Final Smash isn't that good, very punishable and you can't use it OoS
-Down Air has such a HUGE spike hitbox, like, Ivy DAir huge
-If you use DTilt and your opponent does nothing afterwards, you can punish them with a fully charged FSmash and that kills super early at the ledge

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's funny to me that people usually hate Mii Costumes of fan favorite characters because they deconfirm, but everyone seems 100% okay with Sans.

Sans bringing in a new song probably helps, people didn't see him as a likely choice and adding free extra content certainly sweetens the deal

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
To be fair the Sans costume literally replaces the entire Mii - you can't tell what's underneath it at all. Honestly they should've done that early for characters like Geno.
They should’ve remade the mii fighter into something that isn’t ugly ass miis

D

Deleted member

Okay, so I was wrong about Terry.
Small price to pay for SANS UNDERTALE

D

Deleted member

Sans bringing in a new song probably helps, people didn't see him as a likely choice and adding free extra content certainly sweetens the deal
Shovel Knight Mii Costume with Strike The Earth remix when

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I LOVE MY BABY BOY SO MUCH, I'M SORRY IF THIS SOUNDS ANNOYING GUYS BUT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
:starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman::starman:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Well, it’s morning. And my mind is still on the future DLC we can get.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Looking back, part of the reason, aside from funny meme pipedream, is that the proportions and design work.

For example, a Waluigi Mii costume means nothing, because Waluigi has a distinct proportions, facial designs, and expressions, a Mii in a Waluigi costume doesn’t look like Waluigi. It looks like a Mii in a Waluigi costume. Same goes for almost every other Mii costume.

Sans, by design, doesn’t have these issues.
- He’s around the size of a Mii, so the proportions look really close, maybe just a LITTLE too skinny.
- His skull head means that a Mii headpiece would have to cover the whole face, essentially giving him an exact model of Sans’s head.
- Sans barely ever emotes in Undertale, and holds a near permanent smile, so the unmoving headpiece in Ultimate does the same facial expressions as him: none.

The only other Mii costume to pull this off is Skull Kid’s, which I noticed when it was first shown. Skull Kid is short, and has Majora’s Mask blocking all facial features.

So yeah, it’s a combination between the meme factor, and the fact that it’s actually Sans, and not just a guy in a Sans costume.

Mii Sans looks so much like Sans, that some people thought he was a new fighter when he showed up on screen.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Guys are we all dreaming at the same time or it is reality?

Or it is the The Truman Show and we're living all in a simulation?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Praline’s post was easily the low point of the Ultimate Social Thread [Temp].

Striga

Smash Journeyman
If that sixteen fighter datamine from awhile back actually ends up being real....I won’t know what to say. I just won’t.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Morning everyone, how's Banjo?
Interesting, which is good. The down throw will be great for guaranteed kills at higher percents, and his gentleman jab combo's got potential for tech chasing. Mobility isn't anything special, but he can still do some decent damage. And, side-b is potentially his most interesting move, as him and kazooie charge at you and have super armor throughout. How to counter it? Grab your opponent.

There's plenty more, but those are some quirks that stood out to me.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If that sixteen fighter datamine from awhile back actually ends up being real....I won’t know what to say. I just won’t.
Smash becomes an actual huge longevity-built fighting game with like three years of DLC and yearly passes.

Holy ****.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Well, my DLC wishlist still follows:
  1. Doomguy from Doom
  2. Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden
  3. Either Jill Valentine or Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil
  4. Jin Kazama from Tekken
  5. Dante from Devil May Cry
But Lord knows who will be next XD.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If we have 11 slots left that’s a much better chance for my boy Phoenix.

PLEASE SAKURAI. PLEASE.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
This is a vent, but

I hate sans. Been watching reactions of the direct and everyone, even gameexplain has a unwarranted boner for that character. We got an announcement for Terry Bogard and everyone is going nuts over a mii costume. It is a sad state in gaming. Even had the return of a classic gaming series, with over 25 games in its line up and no other representation in smash Goemon. And not even a mention. But the meme machine keeps on turning and now we have a mii character everyone and their uncle and meme. Good thing Mii Gunner is kind of crap. I will have to practice killing him.

Even the announcement of more characters has been overshadowed by this meme. It is just annoying. Undertale was fine, but was not that great of a game. It was not the second coming. It did not save gaming. It did not partake in one of the largest rivalries outside of Nintendo vs Sega. It is a PC game with decent music. So annoying.

anyway. rant over. Enjoy your meme.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm throwing in my bet to Doom Slayer perhaps.

Reveal should be relatively close to Doom Eternal which is out in November and when Terry is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom