• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
How do you think it went down?

Option A:
Sakurai: “Almost done with the Fighters Pass! After that I can finally rest!
Nintendo: Actually...your work isn’t quite done yet, Mr. Sakurai...
Sakurai: P-please, please I just want a break...
Nintendo: “And we just want more money, so get to it. Chop chop.

Or option B:
Nintendo: “Well Mr. Sakurai, you’re doing great! Once the Fighters Pass is over with you’ll be done!”
Sakurai: “Oh I’m not done...”
Nintendo: “Uh...what?”
Sakurai: “I suggest you start planning more directs, Ninty! Cuz this hype train ain’t stopping ANY. TIME. SOON!”
Nintendo: “We’ve created a monster...”
Option B. Sakurai, an immortal being powered by salt and joy, is far too powerful to bow to Nintendo's wishes

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
But seriously, Terry's easily my favorite character of the pass. Especially since before, we only mentioned him in passing on occasion. I'm not into SNK as much as I am Tekken, but Terry's too clean not to like. And of the few games I played, he was my dude. So I'm glad more people get to know him and his lore.

What do you think?

Good enough to be the next “Hoes Mad”?
Probably. If not that, just yell "ARE YOU OKAY?!"

Bonnelle D'Arc

Smash Rookie

Terry's inclusion is the second time I knew a character through only one game through pure curiosity before they came into Smash Ultimate (Joker was the first) and before the direct, I made a bet with someone who was adamant that Mai Shirunai was going to be the next newcomer. Guess who won that bet?

Anyway, only SNK game I've played was King of Fighters XIV on a whim, but I'd never thought Terry would make it to Smash, to be honest. He's Smash material, but I just thought he'd be playable down the road, like in future installments but he's here now in Ultimate. And I couldn't be any happier. SNK deserves some rep and technically Smash Ultimate became a psudo-Capcom vs. SNK soft sequel.

All I hope now is that Morrigan makes her way into Smash, but Sakurai can add whoever the hell he wants at this point. He's made me a happy gal with all the current entries in the Fighter Pass.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Terry's inclusion is the second time I knew a character through only one game through pure curiosity before they came into Smash Ultimate (Joker was the first) and before the direct, I made a bet with someone who was adamant that Mai Shirunai was going to be the next newcomer. Guess who won that bet?

Anyway, only SNK game I've played was King of Fighters XIV on a whim, but I'd never thought Terry would make it to Smash, to be honest. He's Smash material, but I just thought he'd be playable down the road, like in future installments but he's here now in Ultimate. And I couldn't be any happier. SNK deserves some rep and technically Smash Ultimate became a psudo-Capcom vs. SNK soft sequel.

All I hope now is that Morrigan makes her way into Smash, but Sakurai can add whoever the hell he wants at this point. He's made me a happy gal with all the current entries in the Fighter Pass.
Namco really made CvS 3 twice with Tekken 7 and Smash Ultimate.

Smug Kazama 2.jpg

I want to know their endgame.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
As much as I'm still screaming in happiness over Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition, I do wish the other two games of Operation Rainfall would get some love from Nintendo.

The Last Story was released to great reviews and okay sales, but never saw any sort of rerelease, even on the Wii U eShop.

Pandora's Tower got released after the Wii U America, and was a swan song game in Europe. It got worse reviews and worse sales than The Last Story, but it got a rerelease on the Wii U eShop over the Last Story. Other than the rerelease, nothing.

I'd take a port at this point. Come on Nintendo.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man, now we wait like 2 months for Terry. This is what Banjo fans must've felt like waiting for him after E3.

Shroob

Sup?
Man, now we wait like 2 months for Terry. This is what Banjo fans must've felt like waiting for him after E3.
Two months will fly by tbh. Two months is hilariously short to wait for a character.

Especially when you know they have 'something' up their sleeve to surprise us with.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I can't believe Terry is even coming in November tbh.

And it ends up being early November, we can end up having DLC 5 by like.... either right at the end of 2019 or beginning of 2020.

That's freaking nutty man.

Shroob

Sup?
I can't believe Terry is even coming in November tbh.

And it ends up being early November, we can end up having DLC 5 by like.... either right at the end of 2019 or beginning of 2020.

That's freaking nutty man.
I was pinning December at the absolute earliest for Terry.

November just screams "We have a surprise to share".

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Well, I'm expecting Mario in January's Direct. Doubtful, but maybe. If not, it's likely being saved for E3 which I guess I can understand.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also Deadly Premonition 2 was kind of a cool announcement. I know that game has a small, but dedicated fanbase.

StormC

Smash Hero
Banjo is definitely going to be my secondary to K. Rool. He plays like a dream.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I was pinning December at the absolute earliest for Terry.

November just screams "We have a surprise to share".
Yeah... the fact that we still got 3 months to go between Terry and the deadline for the FP...

Character #5 has gotta have something major tied to it.

Like maybe a surprise echo, complex moveset or something? That may be a decent segway into the next wave of DLC.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Prediction:

November: Terry

January: DLC 5( betting crash)

March: Geno

May: Fighter Pass 2 Character 1

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I keep forgetting freaking DMC2 was annouced for Switch. I guess it makes sense, but since we got DMC1, they should know what we're really waiting for.

People need to get bodied by Vergil on the go.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
How incredible is it that DLC has opened up like this? Just the chance of more fighters was so far from my mind when it was announced that it blew my mind!

(Three Houses, Xenoblade, and Zelda series, let's go!)

StormC

Smash Hero
Will Will finally got a Smash Ultimate newcomer he was hyped for, Banjo released today, we're getting a season 2, and Sans Undertale is in the game.

I consider that... a damn good day.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm gonna put my chips down on the table.

I legit think, at this time, we're going to end this 'cycle' with a bonus character.

I'm not sure 'who' that character is, but considering we now know that DLC is coming that's not part of the fighter's pass, and the current version of classic mode has room for 3 more characters before you gotta do some finagling.

I think, personally, it'll be a character who doesn't get a stage like Plant.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Who in here's got an ethernet adapter and wants to do some Banjo & Kazooie dittos with me

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'm gonna put my chips down on the table.

I legit think, at this time, we're going to end this 'cycle' with a bonus character.

I'm not sure 'who' that character is, but considering we now know that DLC is coming that's not part of the fighter's pass, and the current version of classic mode has room for 3 more characters before you gotta do some finagling.

I think, personally, it'll be a character who doesn't get a stage like Plant.
I’d say Geno fits that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly I think Geno is the next square rep. The big two are out of the way, and the only one left might be 2b but I don’t know. I think both have good followings, but with the costume gone, geno’s rights already in the game and sakurai’s personal want of him, he feels likelier.

I think square wanted their bigger series first and now Geno is just free money to them.

Time will tell though. I do think the next direct reveals Geno as a surprise bonus character though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom