• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
I was obsessed with Danny Phantom in middle school.

Season 3 still stings.

D

Deleted member

And Ziiiiiiiiim
Y'know Zim was basically just early 2000s Rick & Morty but aimed at children. I bet if it aired today it would fit right in with all of the other absurdist humor Adult Swim shows

StormC

Smash Hero
Fairly Oddparents was my jam for years and years.

Then it just...kept going...
I was also obsessed with it for a while but after Channel Chasers my interest largely petered off. I mean, that was the original intended conclusion...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It always boggles my mind that despite having the word "Cartoon" in it's name, there was a time in Cartoon Network's history where they were showing pretty much anything but cartoons.

No seriously, who thought CN Real was a good idea?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Fairly Oddparents was my jam for years and years.

Then it just...kept going...
I will never get over the fact they added she who must not be named

And as a result, threw off the entire flow of the theme song. YOU DON’T **** WITH THE THEME SONG THAT’S SACRED MAN

StormC

Smash Hero
It always boggles my mind that despite having the word "Cartoon" in it's name, there was a time in Cartoon Network's history where they were showing pretty much anything but cartoons.

They bounced back pretty strong with their 2010s programming at least.

Hot take: Steven Universe is the best original series to air on Cartoon Network (I'm not counting Teen Titans as that was produced outside of CN).

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

They saw Disney and Nick has another audience with sitcoms and thought “Hey! We should do that!”

They shouldn’t have.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Destroy. Build. Destroy.

Annoying Orange.

Goosebumps.

Mostly a time of great cringe and mediocrity... except for Goosebumps. You can't tell me that wasn't the **** along with the Halloween-styled Frenzy's Friendly's had out at the time as a child

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

I have no clue, cause it seems like not even the execs running the channel thought it was a good idea :yoshi:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The game shows on CN... why man

That may have worked for Nick in the 90’s who also had beloved sitcoms like All That and Kenan and Kel but it sure as **** don’t work with CN

also anyone remember this Dude Ranch sitcom on Nick? Or am I the only one?

D

Deleted member

The Adventure Time/ Regular Show synergy tho?

Legendary back in the day.
Regular Show was a consistently amazing cartoon. I'm not sure I can think of a single episode I didn't at least somewhat like.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I was just happy Rigby and Eileen got together. They were my OG ship and I was so happy when that episode aired and he just CASUALLY REVEALED IT like it was obvious but we see from Mordecai's eyes most of the time so it was still somewhat surprising for us, too.

Oh, and while I like Margaret, CJ was a better character in my eyes.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This is reminding me of people saying the Ultimate base roster was “boring and predictable” because it had K. Rool and Ridley on it.

God forbid Smash fans get characters that they want.
Imagine actually not getting hype for the Ridley dream being real.

Sad Ridley.jpg

I feel bad for them. I really do.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm not betting on nothing. This whole SNK thing has been nothing but a giant ass loophole adventure that I want to be done with.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but it bothers me how some people genuinely believe that all third-parties, regardless of who gets added, are superior to first-party characters.

I mean, is it bad to think Ridley and K. Rool were two of the biggest additions in this game? People had been requesting them for more than a decade, so of course I'm gonna think they're a bigger deal than some of the third-parties we got.
I would still say those surpass most new characters in Ultimate, even Simon. Ridley in particular is my 2nd most used character after Mega Man. So It's always cool as **** to use him.

And Terry's the first DLC I'm more than "cool" with. It's not quite Jin Kazama, but he's a character I like quite a bit. Probably the DLC character I've been the most hype for since Ryu in Smash 4.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up

They were really trying to imitate Disney Channel & Nickeleodeon with their live-action shows, from what I could tell back then.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'm sorry but like, no other relationship in RS was written as well as Rigby and Eileen and the development it gave to Rigby's characters for wanting to be a better man for her?

*sniff* ...that's love, man.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
They saw Disney and Nick has another audience with sitcoms and thought “Hey! We should do that!”

They shouldn’t have.
They were really trying to imitate Disney Channel & Nickeleodeon with their live-action shows, from what I could tell back then.
At least Disney's and Nick's sitcoms back then were watchable for the most part

It's almost like CN didn't even try, and just started rushing them out.

That is probably what happened actually, assuming those shows were probably written close to the time of the 2007 Writers Guild of America strike

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
The quality of the sitcoms aside, you can't deny the theme songs for pretty much most of Disney and Nick's sitcoms are bangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom