• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Here's how people will react to the reveals tomorrow if:

Plot twist Terry’s trailer is a continuation of Little Mac’s from 4

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of nostalgia a lot of what I watched was classic and my childhood was touched upon , but who watched baby loony tunes when younger? I use to love it.

Also side note but happy birthday: redfeatherraven redfeatherraven

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Speaking of nostalgia a lot of what I watched was classic and my childhood, but who watched baby loony tunes when younger? I use to love it.

Also side note but happy birthday: redfeatherraven redfeatherraven
That was the show you watched when you were sick at home from school and nothing else.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Baby Looney Tunes was a bit of a guilty pleasure after school. The theme song is just so lovely and tranquil. Perfect for relieving the soul after an energetic day at school.

Well, no. I just have an odd itch that gets scratched when I see them swinging on the swings for some reason. Like, no lie, that's all I remember.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That was the show you watched when you were sick at home from school and nothing else.
I watched a lot of it when I was like 10 or so. That the og Scooby doo, and a pup name Scooby, and what’s new Scooby doo I wound up watching quite a bit when home sick

Noipoi

Howdy!
Baby Looney Tunes is one of those shows that becomes unbearable after you hit a certain age.

There’s only so much cutesy wutesy I can take.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
I watched a lot of it when I was like 10 or so. That the og Scooby doo, and a pup name Scooby, and what’s new Scooby doo I wound up watching quite a bit when home sick
Back then, I used to watch a lot of Boomerang when I was in elementary school, I kinda remember seeing Baby Looney Tunes by an episode or so. One of my few cartoon guilty pleasures is Johnny Test which I watched around my later years as a kid.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Oh, Johnny Test.

I never knew it was so hated until recently

I personally had no problem with it at the time except maybe Bling Bling Boy being a bit... much.

Also Dukey definitely switched voices between seasons and it waa jarring.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Also, anyone else dearly miss saturday morning programming? 4Kids? Kids WB? (Even though, I never really grew up with the latter...)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Also, anyone else dearly miss saturday morning programming? 4Kids? Kids WB? (Even though, I never really grew up with the latter...)
After the way that they massacred One Piece, I do not miss 4Kids in the slightest. Kids WB was solid, though.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
I remember when 4Kids was a thing, I was really little and only remember part of Sonic X and some Bratz cartoon airing on there.

Wish I watched it more so I could've watched Kirby on television. Didn't know about Kirby 'til the Superstar Ultra commercials in 2009 or so.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Anyone here who didn't have cable at one point in their childhood? You'll know the names PBS and Qubo really well. They may have changed their name now, though, but Jane and the Dragon, Pearlie, Paw Patrol if they were older and professional racers, Jimmy Two-Two, Alfred Hedgehog, Willa's/Willow's Wild Life, and Zula Patrol would be all you'd have.

Noipoi

Howdy!
After the way that they massacred One Piece, I do not miss 4Kids in the slightest. Kids WB was solid, though.
4Kids gave us gotta go fast.

And that crappy mew mew theme song that I love.

And that crappy Dinosaur king theme song that I love.

And jelly donuts.

And Sonic singing the American anthem.

I love/hate them so much.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Like I said yesterday

The absolute irony that the character the Latino and Chinese Smash communities are rallying behind hard right now

Is a redneck Trucker from Texas
He's from fake Florida.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Anyone here who didn't have cable at one point in their childhood? You'll know the names PBS and Qubo really well. They may have changed their name now, though, but Jane and the Dragon, Pearlie, Paw Patrol if they were older and professional racers, Jimmy Two-Two, Alfred Hedgehog, Willa's/Willow's Wild Life, and Zula Patrol would be all you'd have.
Qubo

*sips*
Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in years...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
With the possibility of a character from another traditional fighter coming, I feel like listing all characters we already have who have been in a traditional fighting game.

:ultlink::ultpikachu::ultcharizard::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultsimon::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken::ultpacman::ultcloud:

One more seems likely.

Shroob

Sup?
So we got:

SNK devs retweeting the Direct

Sakurai retweeting the Direct

Not saying it's 100% confirmed, since the SNK tweets could be in relation to Samsho, but it's looking good, Joker.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
All I remember of watching 4Kids back then was the Kirby: Right Back at Ya finale, some time ago I learned about this little "crossover" known as The Fight for the FoxBox, kinda jarring for me when I first saw it in a video.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
The best theme song of any Disney show was So Weird--not only was it thematically related to the fact the protagonist's mom was a singer on the road, but it was about an experience of going to Hell and trying to escape it as a metaphor for alcoholism. You'll never see that in a modern Disney show. :chuckle:

All the songs in that show were awesome.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Used to watch Kids WB often. Yu-Gi-Oh, Jackie Chan Adventures, Mucha Lucha, Xiaolin Showdown, Megaman NT Warrior, X-Men Evolution were dope.
Most of my childhood was Cartoon Network or Nick though. Toonami was off the hook.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Teen Titans was the first show that scared me (Beyond Returrrrn the slaaaab) with that one episode where they face the horrors in the Tower late at night. I legit was trembling watching thay as a child

But Teen Titans in general is a trip and it gave me my first "What!? That's it?!" moment fron seeing the finale.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Well fellas, I'm off for now. I'm going to challenge myself to clear Banjo Tooie before tomorrow's direct. I'm at Terrydactyl land right now, which is about halfway through I believe? Wish me luck! See ya!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Teen Titans was the first show that scared me (Beyond Returrrrn the slaaaab) with that one episode where they face the horrors in the Tower late at night. I legit was trembling watching thay as a child

But Teen Titans in general is a trip and it gave me my first "What!? That's it?!" moment fron seeing the finale.
The Teen Titans finale was probably the first time I ever felt blueballed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom