• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean, this is great in theory, but how many people actually have the time to play every iconic game under the sun?

Most have families/spouses, crazy work schedules, other hobbies and interests, etc. that make gaming time a little more of a commodity. When you have some time to sit down and game usually the thought is "I have so much I'm interested in to catch up on", not "I should play that random game I had no interest in."

Plus, some people just don't like certain genres.

Again, expanding your tastes is a good idea, but the notion that people should play random things that didn't interest them so that they can be excited for characters they've never heard of is better in theory than in practice.
At the same time I never played Persona, Dragon Quest, King of Fighters or Ninja Gaiden, but I at the very least knew of them for quite a while and their impact. Remember, there's people here clamouring for their favourites yet when Nintendo ****ed up and showed the SNK trademark, they went "What's SNK?" I believe MightyP is referring to that ignorance as it's caused by sheltering yourself to only look at the thing you already like. I CAN buy and play Persona 5 but I know I wouldn't really enjoy the game too much, yet I still knew of Joker and was excited to see him when we heard he was coming 9 months ago

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I REALLY wish they invest in different character playstyles again with the newer 2D Mario games. People loved them because Toad was essentially a hard mode, Luigi was Mario on steroids, and Peach allowed them to skip like half of the level depending on the game, and Mario is... Mario. Increased replayability and allowed plenty of levels to be tackled differently depending on the character.

And no, NSMBUDX doesn't count.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but it bothers me how some people genuinely believe that all third-parties, regardless of who gets added, are superior to first-party characters.

I mean, is it bad to think Ridley and K. Rool were two of the biggest additions in this game? People had been requesting them for more than a decade, so of course I'm gonna think they're a bigger deal than some of the third-parties we got.
Really? I feel l like it's quite the opposite, actually, what with people always complaining about "literally who's" and all that. Not to mention the never ending demand for characters like Isaac and Dee.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Prediction:

Super Mario Odyssey Vacation from Shell will be announced

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I REALLY wish they invest in different character playstyles again with the newer 2D Mario games. People loved them because Toad was essentially a hard mode, Luigi was Mario on steroids, and Peach allowed them to skip like half of the level depending on the game, and Mario is... Mario. Increased replayability and allowed plenty of levels to be tackled differently depending on the character.

And no, NSMBUDX doesn't count.
More than anything, I think 2D Mario games just need to try making worlds with different themes.
We get grass, desert, ocean, and lava worlds in every game. Why not mix things up and make a world out of sweets and candy, or maybe one that has a throwback theme.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Bayo's backlash was largely because it was hard to believe she won the ballot. Someone like K. Rool or Dee wouldn't have had the same response.
Yeah they would, people cite how Bayo's slot was added in soon after ballot was shown, you think people who are still upset about that 4 years after the fact wouldn't be upset about that? People would go "K.ROOL DIDN'T WIN THE BALLOT IT WAS RIGGED IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BANDANA DEE" or vice versa, using your example.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
More than anything, I think 2D Mario games just need to try making worlds with different themes.
We get grass, desert, ocean, and lava worlds in every game. Why not mix things up and make a world out of sweets and candy, or maybe one that has a throwback theme.
NSMBU tried.

Keyword, tried, because aside from the painted swampland, they were all the same generic theme.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
NSMBU tried.

Keyword, tried, because aside from the painted swampland, they were all the same generic theme.
They can still make creative courses even if they follow a generic theme. The one level that took place on a growing vine was pretty cool.

But designing basic levels for each new game and applying a different background? That's not very exciting. They could do better.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don’t hate Ninja Gaiden. I just think it would be an anti-climactic ending.
bro you know i am a ryu hayabusa stan and you also know i've complained that i got nothing in this pass that i liked

me and Iridium Iridium running laps around the thought that its hayabusa

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm hoping for some goddamn Bayo 3 news. In the time it took for us to get Bayo 3, we've had Platinum announce, market, and release Astral Chain. It's time we got something, bois.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
bro you know i am a ryu hayabusa stan and you also know i've complained that i got nothing in this pass that i liked

me and Iridium Iridium running laps around the thought that its hayabusa
I think a lot of us haven't gotten anything we've wanted this DLC

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
Minecraft 2: The Way Home will also be announced
I’m curious as to where this meme came from, I’ve seen people say it in YouTube comments on Minecraft videos.

edit: oh, AlphaRad. Alright.

“what’d that level have to do with Minecraft?” I agree with him.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'm hoping for some goddamn Bayo 3 news. In the time it took for us to get Bayo 3, we've had Platinum announce, market, and release Astral Chain. It's time we got something, bois.
I know how you feel. I'm hoping for some news on Disgaea 6 or Rune Factory 5

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I need time to beat Bayonetta 2 before Bayo 3 comes out. Wahh I wish I had more free time to play video games.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
At this point, they might as well start making Odyssey 2.
Everyone says that and I feel like they're using BotW2 as a reference, but Aonuma said it originally started development as DLC, but was repurposed into a sequel when it became bigger than they originally planned. So I don't think Odyssey 2 is happening any time soon (if ever).

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I wonder if there’s going to be any Kirby news, since it’s been a while since the DLC period ofStar Allies ended. In terms of main series I guess it maybe depends on if they want to make “Star Allies 2” (in the same way Robobot reused Triple Deluxe’s engine) or if they want to do something larger scale. Maybe there could be room for a new spinoff of some kind or a sequel to an existing spinoff, though?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Everyone says that and I feel like they're using BotW2 as a reference, but Aonuma said it originally started development as DLC, but was repurposed into a sequel when it became bigger than they originally planned. So I don't think Odyssey 2 is happening any time soon (if ever).
Don’t think Odyssey 2 is happening any time soon (if ever)
93D0D759-E754-4849-8404-203FF1B5BBDD.jpeg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I wonder if there’s going to be any Kirby news, since it’s been a while since the DLC period ofStar Allies ended. In terms of main series I guess it maybe depends on if they want to make “Star Allies 2” (in the same way Robobot reused Triple Deluxe’s engine) or if they want to do something larger scale. Maybe there could be room for a new spinoff of some kind or a sequel to an existing spinoff, though?
If we're getting another Kirby game then I hope it's Robobot tier in terms of quality. Star Allies is fun and all but without the DLC it was pretty lackluster in terms of Kirby gameplay imo, felt easier than usual too as the AI is too smart to let you do puzzles on your own

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I didn't know this was a reference to anything, I just liked it 'cause a Minecraft sequel sounds funny :p
Would it even make sense to make a Minecraft 2? I feel like they'll just keep updating the first one for forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom