• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Y'all can't say there's a direct and not link it

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Terry Train let's go
I called the date and time let’s go! I’m a leaker now!
:p

Calling the starter evolutions galarian farfetch’d and galarian hoothoot with a Noctowl evolution.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
All the DLC proves is that Smash players need to branch out and try other games. I mean, if Smash players actually played DQ and knew of his legacy, he would be beyond hype, instead everyone complained that he was too anime. If an SNK rep got in, and Smash players knew of it's legacy, then that would also be hype, but since they don't, then people are complaining about Ninja Boobs and Ken with a Hat.

Branch out. Having a pass with Banjo, Geno, Isaac, Skull Kid, and Dee would be the most boring, predictable pass ever, but Smash fans would eat it up because their characters they know, a safe pick that doesn't go off the walls and dare challenge players to try out something new.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
All the DLC proves is that Smash players need to branch out and try other games. I mean, if Smash players actually played DQ and knew of his legacy, he would be beyond hype, instead everyone complained that he was too anime. If an SNK rep got in, and Smash players knew of it's legacy, then that would also be hype, but since they don't, then people are complaining about Ninja Boobs and Ken with a Hat.

Branch out. Having a pass with Banjo, Geno, Isaac, Skull Kid, and Dee would be the most boring, predictable pass ever, but Smash fans would eat it up because their characters they know, a safe pick that doesn't go off the walls and dare challenge players to try out something new.
While I agree with most of your post, I don’t the second half.

It doesn’t matter if those characters are predictable (which they wouldn’t be, except for maybe Dee) since they’d be good picks.

I was predicting K. Rool for years, and it still felt just as great to get him.

D

Deleted member

Eggman is deconfirmed as DLC since the first line of his song is “The story begins with who’s gonna win,” meaning that Eggman is either the first character on the Fighters Pass or not on at all.
Damn! I don't want the dream to end! Not here!

StormC

Smash Hero
This is reminding me of people saying the Ultimate base roster was “boring and predictable” because it had K. Rool and Ridley on it.

God forbid Smash fans get characters that they want.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
They're good picks but, beyond Banjo, they're not good DLC characters

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Eggman is deconfirmed as DLC since the first line of his song is “The story begins with who’s gonna win,” meaning that Eggman is either the first character on the Fighters Pass or not on at all.
Ah, but as the song says, "I am the Eggman [...] I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob." And do you know who else can be a walrus? That's right, Banjo.

Therefore, Banjo and Kazooie are secretly Dr. Eggman, and I have no idea where I was going with this.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This is reminding me of people saying the Ultimate base roster was “boring and predictable” because it had K. Rool and Ridley on it.

God forbid Smash fans get characters that they want.
Dude you’re only allowed to have characters who aren’t fan favorites.

There’s no way we can have a healthy mix of both.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!

It is disappointing that people throw fits over characters they didn’t want, like Sakurai had to appeal to them specifically.

Though there’s nothing wrong in being disappointed with characters; if they’re not interested, they’re not interested, but yeah they shouldn’t act entitled.

I, for one, would’ve loved the “boring” option, even if the current picks are cool, too. Certainly wouldn’t have predicted Banjo-Kazooie despite wanting them, and likely not the others either, and would’ve loved them all.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
While I agree with most of your post, I don’t the second half.

It doesn’t matter if those characters are predictable (which they wouldn’t be, except for maybe Dee) since they’d be good picks.

I was predicting K. Rool for years, and it still felt just as great to get him.
That's fair, but I would prefer a mix between lagacy and fan requests. Ultimate Base did that well, and DLC appears to be doing the same thing. I just wouldn't be fond of a DLC roster solely on fan picks, you know?

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Dude you’re only allowed to have characters who aren’t fan favorites.

There’s no way we can have a healthy mix of both.
I still maintain that, instead of being Assist Trophies, Isaac, Shovel Knight, and Spring Man should have been saved for DLC. Then again, I can’t pick anyone in the pass I would want them to replace.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't agree. Predictable or not, people were requesting these characters for a reason. There's no greater feeling in the world than seeing one of your most wanted get in Smash as a real character.

Unorthodox additions are fun, but only in moderation IMO. Personally, I think Smash would be really boring if Sakurai's only goal was to suprise fans with characters no one was requesting.

culumon

Smash Apprentice
Except Smash has never ended with grand finale newcomers.

Brawl::olimar:
Sm4sh (Base)::4shulk:
Sm4sh (DLC)::ultbayonetta:(Stirred lot of controversy and backlash)
Ultimate (Base)::ultken::ultincineroar:
Watch that last Sm4sh direct again - regardless of how she was ultimately received or, more debatably, how misguided it was for Sakurai to assume she'd be received as such, Bayonetta was very much presented as and intended to be a grand finale newcomer.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
A mix of character pick strategies is best.

Getting Ridley was a phenomenal moment. Seeing Piranha Plant show up out of nowhere? Also amazing.
The fan favorites meeting the left-field picks is exactly what makes Smash great.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Not sure if this is a controversial opinion, but if Terry is Fighter #4 and the last fighter isn't anything big, I'd say Smash 4 had the better DLC.

So far, there hasn't been a single character who's surpassed the excitement I got from Mewtwo and Lucas getting back in. Plus, I feel like the third-party picks were a little better.
Sure, in your opinion. But I think it's safe to say that Banjo trumps both for the majority of people, maybe rivaled with Cloud.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
If PlayStation All Stars has a rebooted sequel that fixes the problems of the game (Like being more functional, stages more balanced, hazard selection, and probably having the super meter used for EX moves instead of supers), which newcomer would you want from a series that was in that game?

Personally, Carmelita is my most wanted since I find her very fun to play in Sly 3’s Cops, and Robbers mode (Didn’t play Sly 4), and would like a Rushdown Projectile character.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
Unorthodox additions are fun, but only in moderation IMO. Personally, I think Smash would be really boring if Sakurai's only goal was to suprise fans with characters no one was requesting.
“Please give us our favorites, Mr. Sakurai!”

“What? Nah, you don’t want those characters, you want these guys! :4pacman:

“Um...okay, Mr. Sakurai...”

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Question,
How does co op work in masters? Is there online co op? If there is anyone want to team up to take the blue challenges on for the rewards. Those vouchers would be really helpful

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If PlayStation All Stars has a rebooted sequel that fixes the problems of the game (Like being more functional, stages more balanced, hazard selection, and probably having the super meter used for EX moves instead of supers), which newcomer would you want from a series that was in that game?

Personally, Carmelita is my most wanted since I find her very fun to play in Sly 3’s Cops, and Robbers mode (Didn’t play Sly 4), and would like a Rushdown Projectile character.
Kineticlops or bust.

Also who'd be Carmelita's rival? Raven perhaps given they're from cel-shaded games owned by the same company and characters who started as enemies to the protagonist before becoming eventual allies.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

Kratos, Dante or Raiden would be cool in Smash.

Honestly, I wish that game got a sequel. There's a lot of room for improvement in every aspect.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok, I worded my last part of ky post badly, so let me try this again:
I would be ok with Fan Requests and Legacy characters as a mix in a roster. I would be iffy on a roster solely based on fan requests, as I feel as if that would take out the whole legacy aspect hat Smash always had. I would also feel like it would take out the whole fun in speculation, as we would know who's next based off the sheer volume on fan requests. I am not saying that we shouldn't have fan requests at all, but a healthy mix between the two would be the best IMO. It allows you to be satisfied with a longtime want, as well as letting you branch off and try something new.

That make sense?

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord

I mean, this is great in theory, but how many people actually have the time to play every iconic game under the sun?

Most have families/spouses, crazy work schedules, other hobbies and interests, etc. that make gaming time a little more of a commodity. When you have some time to sit down and game usually the thought is "I have so much I'm interested in to catch up on", not "I should play that random game I had no interest in."

Plus, some people just don't like certain genres.

Again, expanding your tastes is a good idea, but the notion that people should play random things that didn't interest them so that they can be excited for characters they've never heard of is better in theory than in practice.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but it bothers me how some people genuinely believe that all third-parties, regardless of who gets added, are superior to first-party characters.

I mean, is it bad to think Ridley and K. Rool were two of the biggest additions in this game? People had been requesting them for more than a decade, so of course I'm gonna think they're a bigger deal than some of the third-parties we got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom