• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The Direct is happening pretty late for Europeans, we had a good run of Directs always being at a good time for us, so I suppose I can't complain too much. Not sure what I actually want from it, Metroid stuff ain't happening anytime soon, we already know the Smash character, and I'm not eager enough for Pokémon news to stay up for it, so I'll probably just watch it the next morning.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Considering this is probably the last major Direct of the year and all 5 characters have to be released by mid-February, I don't think that's likely. It's certainly possible, but I don't see it happening though. I think getting both 4 and 5 is actually more likely than neither.

Also, I don't understand this "Banjo's back" meme, is it a reference?
You think we'll get both #4 and #5 announced tomorrow? Or am I reading that wrong? I personally hope 4 and 5 get announced tomorrow so I can rest easy, but #5 will probably come in November or something

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
I forgot about SNES Online. Please Nintendo.

It’s been about a year since the launch of NES Online.

Wait, we haven’t even gotten a new NES Online announcement for this month, have we? Do they usually announce it on the first Tuesday of the month?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Considering this is probably the last major Direct of the year and all 5 characters have to be released by mid-February, I don't think that's likely. It's certainly possible, but I don't see it happening though. I think getting both 4 and 5 is actually more likely than neither.

Back in February, after knowing about Joker and brave for months, we got a glimpse of Joker’s back and no new fighters for the whole direct.

It was painful.

StormC

Smash Hero
If Rare Replay/Banjo ports don't get announced here then I'll give up that dream.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Hear me out for a second.

I hope they announce a port of Wind Waker HD for Switch. I'll buy the game a third time, no questions asked.

Or better yet, give me a Zelda HD Collection or something.
Please this. I'm pretty sure the last Zelda collection we had was on the GameCube. Would love to see a collection with Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, and possibly Skyward Sword HD.

D

Deleted member

With Nintendo leaking the SNK character? Very doubtful.

That is a legit possibility but Verge sounds like he's coming soon
I hope you all don't get sisappointed tomorrow

Also, Banjo's back is a reference to how the only thing the April Direct showed us of Joker was him with his back turned to the camera
EDIT: it wasn't on the April Direct, my bad, it was earlier than that
Vividly. Every night.
Yes. It's still in the realm of possibility.
At least you two are prepared
Or more generally just female waifu-like characters
:Concern:

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Luigi’s Mansion was announced in last year’s September direct, and that game wouldn’t come out for another year.

I dunno why Animal Crossing, which comes out in March, Would be too far away.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I doubt we'll just get banjos release date, joker probably wasn't done in February but we've already seen banjos trailer, he'll be finished by now

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
You think Animal Crossing News will be in this direct?
I would have expected them to have mentioned it in the announcement like LM3 or SwSh if they were planning on showing anything, unless they wanted to keep it a surprise

Them saving it for a dedicated direct seems more likely

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Back in February, after knowing about Joker and brave for months, we got a glimpse of Joker’s back and no new fighters for the whole direct.

It was painful.
We'll only be getting Banjo's back tomorrow, because Rare demanded more promotion for themselves.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
You think we'll get both #4 and #5 announced tomorrow? Or am I reading that wrong? I personally hope 4 and 5 get announced tomorrow so I can rest easy, but #5 will probably come in November or something
That is what I'm saying. I think a Banjo release date or at least a date for when his overview trailer is coming is basically a lock, I think we'll probably only get character 4, but both 4 and 5 tomorrow is definitely more likely than not getting anything.

Some people had speculated that character 5 would be announced at The Game Awards, since that's the only other time after tomorrow where Nintendo would be likely to make large announcements, but part of me thinks they wouldn't want have people see it as a rehash of Joker's reveal.

StormC

Smash Hero
Basically hoping for any of the following:

-3D World port
-Odyssey 2
-Rare Replay/Banjo ports
-New DK game (lol)
-Uhhhhh... a good Paper Mario?

I would mention SNES games but that seems like a sure thing.

That is what I'm saying. I think a Banjo release date or at least a date for when his overview trailer is coming is basically a lock, I think we'll probably only get character 4, but both 4 and 5 tomorrow is definitely more likely than not getting anything.

Some people had speculated that character 5 would be announced at The Game Awards, since that's the only other time after tomorrow where Nintendo would be likely to make large announcements, but part of me thinks they wouldn't want have people see it as a rehash of Joker's reveal.
Announcing something at the VGA, while nice, kinda feels like one of those fan things where we want everything to be nice and tidy. They only get a limited window to promote a game at the VGA, they chose Smash since it literally released that night, and Joker was revealed because Persona 5 was a GOTY nominee the year before (it even got a segment in the orchestra medley). I think fighter 5 might be revealed in a January/February Direct.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I still want this to happen in the direct
Imagine if you will. It’s a Nintendo direct. Shigeru Miyamoto, Yoshiaki Koizumi, and Doug Bowser are sleeping in Shigi’s office when a loud noise startled them awake. Miyamoto looks around and Koizumi pops the bubble above Doug’s face awakening him. They all run to the window and look outside, a large silhouette of an R blotting out the sun. The r is illuminated and we see it’s the Retro Studios R with... I don’t know, someone from that studio standing in front. He begins laughing before another R falls from the sky and crushes the two. It’s the old Rare logo with Phill Spencer in front, who strikes a pose as the text appears “Rareware returns to Nintendo Switch!” The men in the office cheer as we see a sizzle real of rare titles coming to the Switch. Including, but not limited to, Rare Replay and Killer Instinct 2013.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Didn't think the Nintendo Direct would drop this soon (I was expecting it around mid September), but hey looking forward to it for the Sword and Shield news as well as the next Smash Ultimate DLC Fighter!

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I'm still hoping for some sort of Mario Kart stuff announced tomorrow. Though I highly doubt it because of Mario Kart Tour.
Mario Kart 9's unlikely to happen for a long time or on the Switch at all, so I'm hoping for considerable DLC to 8 - the dream would be several more cups, loads more racers and karts, a few more battle arenas and several new modes, including Mission Mode from the DS and a Double Dash mode

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
The only thing I'm really looking forward to in the Direct is the Pokémon news. Aside from more mons (including a couple Galarian forms), I expect another Gym Leader or two.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Basically hoping for any of the following:

-3D World port
-Odyssey 2
-Rare Replay/Banjo ports
-New DK game (lol)
-Uhhhhh... a good Paper Mario?

I would mention SNES games but that seems like a sure thing.

Announcing something at the VGA, while nice, kinda feels like one of those fan things where we want everything to be nice and tidy. They only get a limited window to promote a game at the VGA, they chose Smash since it literally released that night, and Joker was revealed because Persona 5 was a GOTY nominee the year before (it even got a segment in the orchestra medley). I think fighter 5 might be revealed in a January/February Direct.
I think it would be weird if they announced the character only for them to be released less than a month later. They're really banking on this manufactured hype they've been creating with the slow character announcements.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I don’t hate Ninja Gaiden. I just think it would be an anti-climactic ending.
Likewise.

The problem was that you were condescending to the people who liked it, and said “silently celebrating” as you announced your celebration to the Internet.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Mario Kart 9's unlikely to happen for a long time or on the Switch at all, so I'm hoping for considerable DLC to 8 - the dream would be several more cups, loads more racers and karts, a few more battle arenas and several new modes, including Mission Mode from the DS and a Double Dash mode
I'm pretty sure that they won't do anymore DLC for MK8D though. Game's been out for a couple of years and the only notable updates it has gotten was BOTW Link and Labo support.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think it would be weird if they announced the character only for them to be released less than a month later. They're really banking on this manufactured hype they've been creating with the slow character announcements.
A January Direct would still work since Hero was announced in June and released in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom