• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Namco is still on the table. I wish you guys would stop treating it like it’s not.
Likewise.

The problem was that you were condescending to the people who liked it, and said “silently celebrating” as you announced your celebration to the Internet.
Except Smash has never ended with grand finale newcomers.

Brawl::olimar:
Sm4sh (Base)::4shulk:
Sm4sh (DLC)::ultbayonetta:(Stirred lot of controversy and backlash)
Ultimate (Base)::ultken::ultincineroar:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Ah yes, my favorite candidate for a Ridley echo fighter.
It's all making sense now. The fireballs could be turned into purple snot. Probably won't get the iconic mucoids, though.

Basically hoping for any of the following:

-3D World port
-Odyssey 2
-Rare Replay/Banjo ports
-New DK game (lol)
-Uhhhhh... a good Paper Mario?
If it had those, especially 3D World port, Rare Replay/Banjo ports--I'd be all set. I'd have pretty much everything I've asked for.

D

Deleted member

I'm really hoping that after Snapcube finishes RE2, we get a Sonic Generations Real Time Fandub
Oh also, Snapcube is doing an RE2 Dub, staindgrey staindgrey

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I forgot about the best thing that's likely to happen due to this Direct, Banjo's page on the site will ****ing finally be available. I just want to see those alts.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
There’s a first time for everything.

Though, I think that it especially makes sense this time not to end with a bang--the Fighter's Pass model would seem to make Nintendo put the most marketable characters first, incentivizing as many people to buy the pass as soon as possible. Which is why I never expected the final characters of the Fighter's Pass to surpass the first three--though, I was, and still am, hoping for Crash.

It's why we need a second pass to keep this hype train going choo choo

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Except Smash has never ended with grand finale newcomers.

Brawl::olimar:
Sm4sh (Base)::4shulk:
Sm4sh (DLC)::ultbayonetta:(Stirred lot of controversy and backlash)
Ultimate (Base)::ultken::ultincineroar:
Bayo's backlash was kinda weird since it was mainly related to Smash ballot stuff rather than herself.

Tbh, out of those 4, she's probably the most hype imo (and I'm not that big of a Bayo fan).

StormC

Smash Hero
Like I said last night, if there was a Crash/Sora level megaton left to announce, I think they wouldn't announce them after Terry.

Just try to enjoy #5 for whoever they are since they could be the last Smash character for a very long time.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Considering there are still first-parties with lots of supporters, it could be considered a "bang" if they ended the pass on one of them. And no one would expect it since fighters 1-4 were third-party.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Yeah... considering we've got :ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie: rn, I don't think any of the last 2 characters will be as hype overall as any of these 3.

4 and 5 will still be good, but it's not gonna be anything groundbreaking.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I forgot about the best thing that's likely to happen due to this Direct, Banjo's page on the site will ****ing finally be available. I just want to see those alts.
That's what I've been waiting for as well. I thought after Hero it would come, and then kept waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

It's why I was turned around on there being a character #4 in the Direct. Announce character #4, release Banjo & Kazooie's page, lock #4's page. It mirrors what happened at E3.

D

Deleted member

Yeah... considering we've got :ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie: rn, I don't think any of the last 2 characters will be as hype overall as any of these 3.

4 and 5 will still be good, but it's not gonna be anything groundbreaking.
And then they reveal Dr. Robotnik and everyone falls out of their chairs with excitement

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Though, I think that it especially makes sense this time not to end with a bang--the Fighter's Pass model would seem to make Nintendo put the most marketable characters first, incentivizing as many people to buy the pass as soon as possible. Which is why I never expected the final characters of the Fighter's Pass to surpass the first three--though, I was, and still am, hoping for Crash.

It's why we need a second pass to keep this hype train going choo choo
I disagree, I think the pass model would potentially be more profitable with a high profile character at the end, they got people like me right at the beginning just with the announcement (because I was all in for new characters no matter who they were), but a hype character at the and can make people who played the base game and then dropped it return to the game.

I also think, as cool as Joker is and as out of left field as he was, he's not as much of a draw as people make him out to be.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I disagree, I think the pass model would potentially be more profitable with a high profile character at the end, they got people like me right at the beginning just with the announcement (because I was all in for new characters no matter who they were), but a hype character at the and can make people who played the base game and then dropped it return to the game.

I also think, as cool as Joker is and as out of left field as he was, he's not as much of a draw as people make him out to be.
Say it with me now. Dark. Souls. Dark. Souls. Dark. Souls.

I may have been wrong about Crash. But I will stand by this till i can’t stand anymore.

Last edited:

Slime Master

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but the end of the various smash cycles weren't necessarily unhype, they just got blocked out by more hype characters (at least by the general majority, obviously hype is subjective) earlier in the cycle. If that precedence continues then we'll probably not get anyone on Banjo's level, but they won't necessarily be disappointing.

That said, people will tend to be more disappointed with final reveals than if the same character where announced earlier in the cycle so...

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still calling it. Terry's reveal is gonna be an continuation to Kencineroar's.

1. :ultincineroar:had already beaten care of:ultbowserjr::ultkrool:and:ultvillager:then only for Terry to reveal himself and beats him with:ultken:recovering afterwards and them fighting.

or

2. Before:ultincineroar:fights:ultbowserjr::ultkrool:and:ultvillager:Terry reveals himself and beats them all with:ultken:recovering afterwards and them fighting.

I'd love for it to be the second option.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
main difference betweet LM and AC is LM is getting released this year

AC is not. I dont think they normaly show info from games a whole year out
Luigi’s Mansion was announced in the September direct last year

How do people forget these things? Am I the only one with an encyclopedic memory of Nintendo announcements?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I'm pretty sure that they won't do anymore DLC for MK8D though. Game's been out for a couple of years and the only notable updates it has gotten was BOTW Link and Labo support.
You're probably right - I recall Nintendo's current president saying something about wanting to continue to support older games with DLC, but that hasn't amounted to much with MK8D

Shame though, as it's the best selling game on the system at the moment

StormC

Smash Hero

For a North American audience, Joker is probably second only to Banjo of the four so far in terms of drawing power. Persona 5 was a pretty big hit.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Not sure if this is a controversial opinion, but if Terry is Fighter #4 and the last fighter isn't anything big, I'd say Smash 4 had the better DLC.

So far, there hasn't been a single character who's surpassed the excitement I got from Mewtwo and Lucas getting back in. Plus, I feel like the third-party picks were a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom