• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I mean, aren't Joker and technically Luminary from this generation? Joker's going to appear on the Switch anyway with P5 Scramble
I meant first-party characters who probably won't have a chance when the next Smash game comes out. XC2, Three Houses, and SwSh likely won't be the latest entries in the series by then.

Most third-party characters aren't in any rush to get in Smash. They could skip out on any Smash game and still be just as likely in the next.

Gwen

Dragon Quest old

New game no matter

Unga Bunga
A little rude, but okay.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I meant first-party characters who probably won't have a chance when the next Smash game comes out. XC2, Three Houses, and SwSh likely won't be the latest entries in the series by then.

Most third-party characters aren't in any rush to get in Smash. They could skip out on any Smash game and still be just as likely in the next.

A little rude, but okay.
I mean, Persona has a revolving cast so Joker could have only gotten in Ultimate, if we ever get a new Smash game after Ultimate, Persona 6 may be out by then

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I don't think 10 is enough to accurately get a feeling for the history of Nintendo, so I'm going to increase the number a bit.
1. Donkey Kong
2. Super Mario Bros.
3. The Legend of Zelda
4. Super Mario Bros. 3
5. Tetris (Gameboy)
6. Kirby's Dream Land
7. Super Mario World
8. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
9. Donkey Kong Country
10. Pokemon Red/Blue
11. Pokemon Gold/Silver
12. Super Mario 64
13. Mario Kart 64 (might be controversial to have it over the original)
14. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
15. Banjo-Kazooie
16. Goldeneye
17. Game & Watch Gallery 4 (might seem like a weird choice but it has a good variety of G&W games and has a lot of interesting history info in the Museum section)
18. Luigi's Mansion
19. Animal Crossing
20. Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (this game made a splash. It took the wind out of some people's sails when it was announced because it was so far from what people expected after Ocarina of Time and Majoras's Mask, but I would say it's up there as one of the greatest games of all time.
21. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (This is the only third party game on my list partially because I felt there needed to be a DS game on the list and it is probably the standout on the system in my opinion)
22. Fire Emblem: Awakening (controversial, but it is undoubtedly important considering it literally saved the franchise from death and led to it becoming an insanely popular part of Nintendo's line-up)
23. Wii Sports
24. Super Mario Maker 1 or 2 (kind of cheating, but they're obviously very similar. The first one is technically more of an important release, but the second one is a better game.
25. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Honourable Mentions:
Excitebike
Balloon Fight
Dr. Mario
Duck Hunt
Super Metroid
Super Mario Kart
Earthbound
Kirby Super Star
Starfox 64
Paper Mario
Pokemon Snap
Sonic Adventure DX/Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Resident Evil 4
New Super Mario Bros.
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Super Smash Bros. series (obviously these are important, but I can't pick just one to be on the list and it wouldn't seem fair for it to take up 5 spots or have all of them lumped into 1. But I feel like it's safe to assume that you've at least played one of them if you're on Smashboards.
Well, I mean...

YI could've at least been an HM :yoshi:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I mean, Persona has a revolving cast so Joker could have only gotten in Ultimate, if we ever get a new Smash game after Ultimate, Persona 6 may be out by then
Which is why I said most.

You should get what point I'm trying to make. Kinda feels like you're purposely picking out specific pieces from my posts just so you can make a counterpoint to something I'm not even really arguing.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Once again, 6-7 hours until we know if we're getting anything Wednesday.

If not today, then tomorrow is the last day they could announce it and... hoo boy.

StormC

Smash Hero
"Hayabusa would be a generic boring ninja."

Hayabusa: has a ****ing gun

it's seriously painfully obvious that people know nothing about Ninja Gaiden and try to write it off

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Warchamp7 Warchamp7 can you save us all from the Tyranny of the Broken Image Uploader? Pretty please?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly if 4 is SNK, 5 really if Nintendo is smart and wants to avoid the whole ''Bayo + Corrin." drama AGAIN should be someone who is legimitaely pleasing for either the Smash fanbase as a whole or a strong fan favorite.

They need to learn to not ''fizzle" out or put things like Banjo to wrap things up.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly if 4 is SNK, 5 really if Nintendo is smart and wants to avoid the whole ''Bayo + Corrin." drama AGAIN should be someone who is legimitaely pleasing for either the Smash fanbase as a whole or a strong fan favorite.

They need to learn to not ''fizzle" out or put things like Banjo to wrap things up.
I mean, that's just not their MO.

The goal is to start with the big guns, that way they've got your money that way.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Why? Why do you think this?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

One problem

The Smash fanbase will never be satisfied and demand the last one be their personal favourites when it seems to be Hayabusa

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
While I'm perfectly content with the Fighter's Pass if Terry and Ryu are the final characters, it is odd that it is surprisingly close to Tweek's prediction of "4 humans with swords and guns, and Banjo." It's a weird line-up (not that I'm complaining, I got me Banjo). Incidentally, the one to disprove that prediction is Terry, using his fists and energy powers(?).

Line-Up

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I have to say, the last one may not be the most hype as a large part of it is working with 3rd parties.

Joker was released first as his game is a recent thing and you want people in while he's still fresh in their minds. Square Enix most likely wanted Hero to be released around the time Dragon Quest XI's Switch hype cycle began and Banjo-Kazooie, as a sign of unprecedented partnership, would be revealed at E3 to draw maximum attention. The fourth Character will tie into Holiday sales which is either a good thing or a sign they're gonna be buried by CallaDuty and Annual Sports games. The final character is released at the tail end of the fiscal year you'd need a character that the owner wouldn't mind releasing in a lull period.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just worried about Ryu tbh.

He's arguably one of the last BIG NES icons that hasn't been in Smash

And if the trailer's like the leak details, you're going to hear nothing BUT Hyabusa for MONTHS and people are going to get as sick of him as they did Erdrick, and not because he's boring, but because he'll be all we have to talk about.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

And if the trailer's like the leak details, you're going to hear nothing BUT Hyabusa for MONTHS and people are going to get as sick of him as they did Erdrick, and not because he's boring, but because he'll be all we have to talk about.
At that point speculation is pretty much over. I mean with one slot left and a character looking extremely likely to be taking that slot, what else is there to talk about?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
At that point speculation is pretty much over. I mean with one slot left and a character looking extremely likely to be taking that slot, what else is there to talk about?
if terry has a kencineroar-themed trailer and thus ends speculation...

then gentlemen, it's been an honour ****posting with you

Shroob

Sup?
You know that even with a leak 99% confirmed, people are still going to be clinging to that shred of hope that "THERE'S STILL A CHANCE IT'S FAKE."

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Oh no we'll still have people go "This clesrly means we're getting Geno, Hayabusa is leakbait"

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, even though I think Sabi's a blowhard, she and Verg are saying it's Terry

And Sabi's apparently both aware of the Terrybusa leak and said "Everyone's going to think it's this character"

****'s gonna be real weird.

Shroob

Sup?
A merciful death would just be dropping the Direct news in the morning and throwing it to us on Wednesday.

But I'm expecting Thursday Direct.

GOD HELP US IF IT'S NEXT WEEK

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Verge confirmed Terry is in. IAmShifty is still backing Hayabusa. Now we're looking at a Kencineroar 2.0 situation.
Is it really comparable to Kencineroar though? All the insiders were consistently for Incineroar, it was only a fake image that led people to think otherwise. I can't recall a moment where insiders were contrary to one another (though I'm sure that must have happened). The only example of someone doubting Incineroar I could think of was that one Atlus leaker, but they were all over the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom