• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Is it really comparable to Kencineroar though? All the insiders were consistently for Incineroar, it was only a fake image that led people to think otherwise. I can't recall a moment where insiders were contrary to one another (though I'm sure that must have happened). The only example of someone doubting Incineroar I could think of was that one Atlus leaker, but they were all over the map.
The reason why I compare it to Kencineroar is because the two final characters for the roster have been leaked and one of them is a blonde man wearing red clothes that hails from a fighting game. Ehh don't think too hard about it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Is it really comparable to Kencineroar though? All the insiders were consistently for Incineroar, it was only a fake image that led people to think otherwise. I can't recall a moment where insiders were contrary to one another (though I'm sure that must have happened). The only example of someone doubting Incineroar I could think of was that one Atlus leaker, but they were all over the map.
It'd be the confirmation of a leak with angry pissbabies being in denial until the final ninja shaped nail gets hammered in

Shroob

Sup?
Well

I'm going to bed.

Y'all got about another 4-5 hours until Nintendo would announce the Wednesday Direct

Good luck

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I mean, that's just not their MO.

The goal is to start with the big guns, that way they've got your money that way.
That doesn't mean they shouldn't change that MO however. You can start strong all you like, but if you fizzle out. It's all everyone is gonna ***** about.

The smartest way would have been to book cap with strength. So start with Hero, then move on to Joker, then SNK, then whoever is 5, then Banjo.

Far less complaints I'd guarantee.

Why? Why do you think this?
See above.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm putting my money on an announcement tomorrow for a Thursday Direct. If I'm wrong, ayyy, I get a Direct tomorrow. Win-Win.

(unless it's next week, in which case, we all lose)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And now comes the "will they announce a direct today?" part of speculation.

Weeeeeee!

Shroob

Sup?
I keep seeing people bring up a trailer leak?

What trailer leak?
Okay I can't sleep.

Basically 4chan post from like August said our last 2 were Terry and Ryu, with Terry's trailer picking up where Kencineroar's left off.

Basically, if they pull a Banjo for the trailer, even Sabi herself thinks that the entire community's going to point to Ryu.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
There was a fire in another building on my block and now my dorm doesn’t have any power. Its been out sense around 10:00pm last night. All the food in my fridge is probably ruined and I have access to none of my electronics except my phone.

Shroob

Sup?
Damn, even Vinny's convinced it's Terry and he doesn't even follow leaks, just casually mentioned that he's happy for Terry getting in Smash.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I can see them being economical with the trailer settings and there's not too much you can do with the white void from the Inkling's one.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There was a fire in another building on my block and now my dorm doesn’t have any power. Its been out sense around 10:00pm last night. All the food in my fridge is probably ruined and I have access to none of my electronics except my phone.
Man, that sucks.

Try to use as much of the stuff that's still usable.

Shroob

Sup?
So Verge's saying it's Terry? I guess any point in debating it is over.
Verg's saying it's Terry and after Sabi's THIRTY-SIX HOUR LONG GAME OF CAT AND MOUSE JESUS CHRIST.......pardon me........

She backs up Verg's statement saying "Yup, all this time it was just Terry!"

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Man, that sucks.

Try to use as much of the stuff that's still usable.
My mom just told me the food will last up to two days in there if I keep it sealed. So that’s good news.
Verg's saying it's Terry and after Sabi's THIRTY-SIX HOUR LONG GAME OF CAT AND MOUSE JESUS CHRIST.......pardon me........

She backs up Verg's statement saying "Yup, all this time it was just Terry!"
I kind of wish Nintendo did an official version of what Sabi did. Putting out hints from period x to the trailer release and they start super prosaic like “the character has thumbs” before eventually becoming super obvious. I think it would be a super fun way to engage a community that loves to speculate if we had a new hint to mull over every week or two.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I'm doubtful on the whole trailer thing: not that it couldn't happen but have we ever had a case of a person leaking what happens in the trailer? Not that it's impossible though, always a first time etc.

It's them supposedly knowing fighters 4 and 5, and stating how many tracks they'll have

We could very well end up getting Terry and Ryu anyways, but I'm doubting this trailer business - seems a bit too calculated from a fan perspective, a la the Grinch hoax ('x has happened in the past before' - in this case, reusing a trailer's environment - 'so it'll happen again')

If the trailer does happen as promised though, then RIP speculation

Am just hoping that there's some kind of surprise in store like Hero getting multiple alts

Shroob

Sup?
My mom just told me the food will last up to two days in there if I keep it sealed. So that’s good news.

I kind of wish Nintendo did an official version of what Sabi did. Putting out hints from period x to the trailer release and they start super prosaic like “the character has thumbs” before eventually becoming super obvious. I think it would be a super fun way to engage a community that loves to speculate if we had a new hint to mull over every week or two.
It could be handled in a nice way.

Sabi, posting 'hints' on her Twitter and Discord and then deleting them, some almost as soon as she posted them, some being flatout confirmations('buster wolf'), and others being misdirections.

That's not how ya do it.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I'm doubtful on the whole trailer thing: not that it couldn't happen but have we ever had a case of a person leaking what happens in the trailer? Not that it's impossible though, always a first time etc.

It's them supposedly knowing fighters 4 and 5, and stating how many tracks they'll have

We could very well end up getting Terry and Ryu anyways, but I'm doubting this trailer business - seems a bit too calculated from a fan perspective, a la the Grinch hoax ('x has happened in the past before' - in this case, reusing a trailer's environment - 'so it'll happen again')

Am just hoping that there's some kind of surprise in store like Hero getting multiple alts
I think it’s flat out bogus. Partly because I really really really don’t want the grand finale to be Ryu Hayabusa, but partly because nobody could actually know that stuff UNLESS we get a direct this week AND both are in the direct. One of those things happening? Plausible. Both, unlikely as all **** out.

Shroob

Sup?
I think it’s flat out bogus. Partly because I really really really don’t want the grand finale to be Ryu Hayabusa, but partly because nobody could actually know that stuff UNLESS we get a direct this week AND both are in the direct. One of those things happening? Plausible. Both, unlikely as all **** out.
I don't... see how both would need to be in?

I'm not saying the trailer leak is real, because I don't believe it, but the way it's worded to me reads more like:

"Terry and Ryu are in. Want proof? Terry's trailer will play out this way, that's how you know I'm legit."

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
It could be handled in a nice way.

Sabi, posting 'hints' on her Twitter and Discord and then deleting them, some almost as soon as she posted them, some being flatout confirmations('buster wolf'), and others being misdirections.

That's not how ya do it.
True. Sabi is clearly just looking for attention.

I feel kind of sad for her. There are two reasons people do this kind of stuff and neglect is one of them. I hope she’s okay.

I don't... see how both would need to be in?

I'm not saying the trailer leak is real, because I don't believe it, but the way it's worded to me reads more like:

"Terry and Ryu are in. Want proof? Terry's trailer will play out this way, that's how you know I'm legit."
Because how could one actively know details from both trailers otherwise? Not to mention music.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
True. Sabi is clearly just looking for attention.

I feel kind of sad for her. There are two reasons people do this kind of stuff and neglect is one of them. I hope she’s okay.

Because how could one actively know details from both trailers otherwise? Not to mention music.
The leak never mentioned BOTH trailers.

It's only mentioning Terry's trailer.

I'm not saying it's legit, because until I see Terry's trailer with my own eyes(terrygang terrygang), I'm not gonna believe it, but it's not that outlandish of a leak.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
The leak never mentioned BOTH trailers.

It's only mentioning Terry's trailer.

I'm not saying it's legit, because until I see Terry's trailer with my own eyes(terrygang terrygang), I'm not gonna believe it, but it's not that outlandish of a leak.
We’re not talking about the leak that said both would have 15 songs and would reuse assets from the Incineroar and Simon trailers?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
This supposed trailer leak dates from after Nintendo ****ed up with the SNK copyright thing, right?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
*Crashes into thread*

Trailer leak!?

WHERE!!!??? LINK! NOW!!!!
It's nothing new - just that whole 'If Terry's trailer is a continuation of the Kencineroar one, then Ryu seems highly likely for fighter 5 one'

One we'll know is real or fake very soon

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
It's nothing new - just that whole 'If Terry's trailer is a continuation of the Kencineroar one, then Ryu seems highly likely for fighter 5 one'

One we'll know is real or fake very soon
Calling it now. Terry’s trailer is JUST gonna be that spinning envelope thing and we’re gonna see no gameplay until much much later.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
*Crashes into thread*

Trailer leak!?

WHERE!!!??? LINK! NOW!!!!
Imma take your sugar away cause it's the same "This is how Terry and Ryu's trailers will play out, they're reusing assets from previous trailers like Banjo did"

Though I really do hope that the trailers don't play out the exact same way like Banjo's did
This supposed trailer leak dates from after Nintendo ****ed up with the SNK copyright thing, right?
Before that

At the same time, Grinch did the oldest trick in the book of fake leaks, add stuff hardcore Smash fans go ape**** about. This... Has a character only 5 people considered before the leak and no major hardcore Smash pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom