• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
but yeah... I wouldn't look too much into that tweet... the people in charge of that twitter handle probably don't know much at all when it comes to Smash. They're probably just fooling around

Not to mention, this is the SNK Heroines twitter we're talking about. If this were the actual general SNK Twitter, then that'd be a whole different story

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, a stick figure is fighting an Org XIII guy. Nice to see MUGEN hasn't changed a bit.

D

Deleted member

It's not like companies haven't acknowledged leaks before, Harada freaked out on twitter when namco's stuff leaked before E3, Ed Boon straight up admitted the MK11 roster leaked in an interview, there's probably a lot of other examples I can't think of rn. I feel like with what we've seen already this doesn't mean much.
Nintendo isn't typically one to officially comment on them though, usually they just try to scrub it from the internet and move on as if it were business as usual. I'd assume they would hold people they were collaborating with to the same standard.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's not like companies haven't acknowledged leaks before, Harada freaked out on twitter when namco's stuff leaked before E3, Ed Boon straight up admitted the MK11 roster leaked in an interview, there's probably a lot of other examples I can't think of rn. I feel like with what we've seen already this doesn't mean much.
Meanwhile Ono wore a dizzy hat for SFV leaks a while ago and left EVO to drink beer with Harada this year

D

Deleted member

To be fair, Pac-Man, Ryu, Simon, Hero (sort of), and Banjo were all leaked ahead of time, and none of their respective owners commented.

As far as I'm aware, this is a first. Third-party companies usually keep their mouths shut when it comes to Smash.
I think it can go either way. I didn't start believing in an SNK character because of what the company said.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also i forgot to yesterday, but I bet challenger five is leaked by the actual company behind said character on Twitter

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
considering this is a relatively small japanese company I doubt they have a very strong leash on the dude who runs the english social media account for their spin off game

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To be fair, Pac-Man, Ryu, Simon, Hero (sort of), and Banjo were all leaked ahead of time, and none of their respective owners commented.

As far as I'm aware, this is a first. Third-party companies usually keep their mouths shut when it comes to Smash.
Simon got leaked by Nintendo themselves like 12 hours before the Direct

D

Deleted member

Also i forgot to yesterday, but I bet challenger five is leaked by the actual company behind said character on Twitter
Reuben Langdon is just gonna post an in-game screenshot of Dante on Battlefield

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah I don’t think that tweet indicates anything honestly. Probably just some dude messing around with the fans.

I mean, you also have the Wendy’s Twitter beefing with other Fast Food companies. This sort of stuff is the norm.

Hehe.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I want another non-humanoid character on the Pass.

>Bub and Bob

I see this as an absolute win!

D

Deleted member

Its ok at least nintendrones know what a SNK is now

now we have to teach them what a Taito is so they dont end up screaming at top of their lungs when Bubble Bobble is leaked
I mean, I'd at least expect Mario fans to know Taiko no Tatsujin, thanks to Mario Kart Arcade, But not gonna lie, a Rainbow Island stage would be neat.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
thank goodness we have the people in the newcomer speculation thread to show us the light in these dark times
heh I’m just saying.

I don’t know; someone said they’re sure the account is ran by NISA and that they likely don’t know anything (don’t know who NISA is but eh).

It also does just seem like twitter shenanigans as some have said, and it’s not the main SNK account.

plus, Vergeben heard a name and Sabi says it’s not a mistake.

StormC

Smash Hero
Dude I’ll take a Tetris block

Just give me one more non-human lol
In all seriousness Crash feels like the only one with a shot and if we're getting SNK for character 4 I think a big western character is pretty much out.

It'd be the perfect chance for Bomberman to slip his way in though. A real shame.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Y’know, sometimes I think, “WOW, I post insightful things relating to Smash. How great! Sometimes I can be funny and post dank memes”

Then I think about the guy on /v/ who literally posts the same exact picture of Ferdinand Von Aegir from Three Houses and posts, “I am Ferdinand Von Aegir” in every ****ing Three Houses thread.

I lose my **** every time.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Nitnendrones

People say this unironically? Lmao
Not my fault nintendo fans have the most poisionus corporate worshiping ive seen out every other company in the industry

Taito is now a subsidiary of Square Enix. As much as they fit, Bub and Bob will not be showing up in this pass.

Damn I just thought they had Eidos but now Taito? crazy
When will sega purchase Game Arts

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Its ok at least nintendrones know what a SNK is now

now we have to teach them what a Taito is so they dont end up screaming at top of their lungs when Bubble Bobble is leaked
Can't wait to resurrect Data East to get Karnov into Smash. But I remember knowing who Bub and Bub were from the PS1 Bust-A-Move games.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I mean, I'd at least expect Mario fans to know Taiko no Tatsujin, thanks to Mario Kart Arcade, But not gonna lie, a Rainbow Island stage would be neat.
god damn, I love Taiko no Tatsujin. Don-chans track in that game looks so damn good
So Salty Bet is bugged right now and features such riveting gameplay as Kanji walking endlessly to the left.

Edit:
Just as I said it, it's fixed.
Saltybet never fails to deliver those sweet sweet scams

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
So what’s everybody think about Banjo news? Coming really soon maybe? I’m excited!

D

Deleted member

Y’know, sometimes I think, “WOW, I post insightful things relating to Smash. How great! Sometimes I can be funny and post dank memes”

Then I think about the guy on /v/ who literally posts the same exact picture of Ferdinand Von Aegir from Three Houses and posts, “I am Ferdinand Von Aegir” in every ****ing Three Houses thread.

I lose my **** every time.
Bet it's the same guy who always posted the sleeping Piranha Plant as a reaction to Erdrick in the leadup to the Hero reveal

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
honestly, reggie wasnt that wrong about the pass being surprises

no one was expecting joker
no one expected, figured out they were gonna get, and then wish they didn't have hero
no one expected banjo after grant give him the shaft
and now no one expected terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom