• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
tfw a SNK account has officially mentioned the leaks

that's

not actually great for their chances

vergeben's saying he's heard 'a name', but so far only sabi is backing SNK...
This is NOT okay.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

that's

Vergeben's pretty quick to strike things down usually, I think he believes it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

that's

This reaks of ass-covering.

D

Deleted member

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It's tough coming out and talking about a character that gets **** talked all the time.

"Hey guys, Edelgard is actually kinda coo-"
"NO. NONONONONONO. FIYAH EMBUREM DOESN'T GET ANOTHER CHARACTER UNLESS MY PICKS GET IN FIRST.

"Hey guys, Tracer would actually be cool. You see, they could do this thing where-"
"NO. NONONONONONO. ACTIVISION BLIZZARD IS BAD BUT THAT DOESN'T APPLY TO CRASH. OVERWATCH SUCKS NOBODY PLAYS IT. BESIDES JOKER ALREADY USES A GUN, IT'S NOT LIKE HER BURST PISTOL AND ABILITY TO BLINK MAKES HER UNIQUE YOU TWERP.

"Hey guys, Resident Evil is pretty big and has-"
"NO. NONONONONONO. IT DOESN'T HAVE AS GOOD OF A RELATIONSHIP WITH NINTENDO AS OTHER SERIES AND IT HAS BLOOD. I MEAN YEAH, SNAKE AND BAYO DEAL WITH BLOOD BUT I'M GOING TO CONVENIENTLY IGNORE THAT"

"Hey guys, King of Fighters is like the OG crossover fighter. Terry Bogard is actu-"
"NO. NONONONONONO. WHAT THE **** IS AN SNK, OR IS THAT JUST AN ABBREVIATION FOR SNAKE? THAT'S DUMB. WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER FIGHTING CHARACTER WHEN WE HAVE PLENTY OF NINTENDO CHARACTERS THAT THE ONLINE SMASH COMMUNITY CARES ABOUT WAY MORE. NOBODY ASKS FOR TERRY, BUT SEE, I HAVE THIS ESSAY ON WHY-"

Obviously folks have come around with Resident Evil, but there are still folks who give it **** here and there.

This is probably annoying at this rate. I'm just finding some threads on GameFAQS an absolute riot right now. It's like the chaotic evil version of Smashboards.
I’ve never seen somebody hate on any of these characters to this extent. I’ve heard a few people saying they wouldn’t want them in, but not this.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

that's

This is really interesting, it could mean so many things.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

that's

Why would this hinder their chances when we already have SNK leaked in a Nintendo page?
Seems like the manager of the account is just taking the piss.

D

Deleted member

Wouldn't be the first time a company tries to downplay a leak. I wouldn't put too much faith into it.

D

Deleted member

that's

Remember when Grant Kirkhope said Banjo is dead and he cried at his funeral?

StormC

Smash Hero

that's

I doubt this SNK rep running the Twitter has no idea who is and isn't in Smash. They're in charge of social media for an unrelated game.

At best corporate approved of this Tweet.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Imagine if SNK's credit got put on the wrong page and this has all been for nothing.

Dramaaaaaa~!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the fact that the SNK trademark was still there means that if it's not a character, at the very least there's content

like a ****ing mii costume for terry, kyo, nakoruru, haohmaru, the like

D

Deleted member

every hour of speculation is just killing time until sakurai puts us out of our misery anyway
The only winning move is not to play
Remember when Grant Kirkhope said Banjo is dead and he cried at his funeral?
Fair enough, but I don't think he ever directly talked about Banjo being leaked, just responses to people asking what he thought their chances were. Commenting on leaks directly is something we don't really have a precedent for outside of Ubisoft planning to comment on Omni's Rayman stunt.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

that's

Not saying this means nothing, but we gotta keep in mind Grant Kirkhope did a very similar thing before Banjo officially got revealed
EDIT: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
the fact that the SNK trademark was still there means that if it's not a character, at the very least there's content

I VERY heavily doubt they're gonna introduce a new company to Smash just for a couple of mii costumes. The trademark most definitely means a fighter pack.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the fact that one of the SNK games tweeted this only means it's gonna get more publicity

not very smart

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'm hopeful for Marco, Tarma, Eri, and Fio myself.

Metal Slug might have a wider appeal, but I respect KOF's influence on Smash and Sakurai as a designer. It would also be cool to see the rivalry between Street Fighter and KOF reborn into Smash.

D

Deleted member

So Salty Bet is bugged right now and features such riveting gameplay as Kanji walking endlessly to the left.

Edit:
Just as I said it, it's fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

The press release was just for challenger pack 4, not the supposed 6.0 as a whole

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
**** I had the biggest scare in my life.

I took my dogs down to the creek and Sophie she apparently chased after a fox and I desperately kept yelling for her worried she'd get lost and not come back. Luckily she did.

Made sure she wasn't bitten or scratched in case the fox had rabies but even then her shot should be up to date since she's less then a year old so she should be fine but juts to be sure gonna be keeping an eye for the next week.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Terry is required to exclusively speak in engrish
"Hey, C'mon c'mon!" "Stand ahp!" "Too EZ!" "Awright!" KEECK BAHK! POWA DUNK! RAIZING TACKO! BAHN KNACKU! BUSTAH WULF!!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The only winning move is not to play

Fair enough, but I don't think he ever directly talked about Banjo being leaked, just responses to people asking what he thought their chances were. Commenting on leaks directly is something we don't really have a precedent for outside of Ubisoft planning to comment on Omni's Rayman stunt.
There are two things that make me think this isn't a big deal.

1. If I were in charge of a company and my Smash Bros reveal just got leaked, I'd straight up say, "My character is not in Smash." Who wouldn't?
  2. It's a social media account. They kind of have to respond or else it would look suspicious like they were intentionally avoiding the topic. Given how lightly they responded to the whole situation, I doubt this is anything but a facade they're playing until it's actually revealed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

that's

...But notice the character they used in said tweet.

omg

Athena confirmed?!?!

StormC

Smash Hero

Mii costumes aren't part of a character pack. It's absolutely for a character, stage, or song.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Tweet

that's

Hard to decipher what this means. It's weird for any official accounts to comment on Smash when they know their character is next in line, but this could also be a cover-up...maybe.

Sabi? Don't know where I stand with her. Honestly, it feels like she's taking us on a ride for attention, and I don't like that. Doesn't make her previous prediction any less notable, but I don't think her history with Smash is long enough for us to treat what she says as gospel.

And Verge. No clue if he genuinely knows what's going on. Him hearing a name being mentioned could range from him actually knowing who the DLC character is to him wanting to make it seem like he still knows stuff about Ultimate when he's really just as clueless as us.

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Didn’t Grant state he had no knowledge of Banjo in Smash before said character got revealed?

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
It's not like companies haven't acknowledged leaks before, Harada freaked out on twitter when namco's stuff leaked before E3, Ed Boon straight up admitted the MK11 roster leaked in an interview, there's probably a lot of other examples I can't think of rn. I feel like with what we've seen already this doesn't mean much.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
There are two things that make me think this isn't a big deal.

1. If I were in charge of a company and my Smash Bros reveal just got leaked, I'd straight up say, "My character is not in Smash." Who wouldn't?
  2. It's a social media account. They kind of have to respond or else it would look suspicious like they were intentionally avoiding the topic. Given how lightly they responded to the whole situation, I doubt this is anything but a facade they're playing until it's actually revealed.
To be fair, Pac-Man, Ryu, Simon, Hero (sort of), and Banjo were all leaked ahead of time, and none of their respective owners commented.

As far as I'm aware, this is a first. Third-party companies usually keep their mouths shut when it comes to Smash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom