• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Not my fault nintendo fans have the most poisionus corporate worshiping ive seen out every other company in the industry
This sure is generalizing if I've ever seen it. Just because some people are Nintendo fanboys through and through doesn't mean that they give no ****s about other video games. Nintendo is easily my favorite company of all time, but of course I play plenty of other games.

You're better than this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It'd be the perfect chance for Bomberman to slip his way in though. A real shame.
Y'all ever just feel an aching pain in the back of your head on a good day?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
honestly, reggie wasnt that wrong about the pass being surprises

no one was expecting joker
no one expected, figured out they were gonna get, and then wish they didn't have hero
no one expected banjo after grant give him the shaft
and now no one expected terry
nonsense

joker was our last surprise in the entire pass

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just started my playthrough of Ocarina of Time - hoping to get all the way through the game this time. Queen Gohma wasn't exactly the dramatic battle that I remember it being. (I remember her dropping enemies on me, or swinging her claws, or doing something)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So what’s everybody think about Banjo news? Coming really soon maybe? I’m excited!
I wonder if they'll actually be released so soon. There was a reasonable gap between Joker and Hero so I'm not too sure honestly.

Either way, I'm probably gonna wait until the DLC is finished(or when #5 is announced)to get the pass as it is. So I just want to see some more gameplay.

Shroob

Sup?
I wonder if they'll actually be released so soon. There was a reasonable gap between Joker and Hero so I'm not too sure honestly.

Either way, I'm probably gonna wait until the DLC is finished(or when #5 is announced)to get the pass as it is. So I just want to see some more gameplay.
I mean, they're not gonna take an ad down for something that just released if you think he'll come after the 15th. What would even be the point of the ad then.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
My gut tells me it might be Terry or Nakoruru if the SNK leak is true.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’be heard nothing but how much the people of Japan hat extreme violence like what is depicted in MK. So apologies if there is some small community there I was unaware of.
CERO is Japan's ESRB

CERO looked at MK (and also DOOM) and said "yeah that has a lot of red liquids, let's just not sell it at all"

to say Japan hates it despite the fact they were barely exposed to it doesn't sound right

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Criticism at a community is allowed as far as im concern

After all you guys criticize smash fans despite being in a smash bros forum
So I'm allowed to criticize the anti-bubble bubble for complaining about Smash fans wanting niche characters while supporting SNK then. Just because Terry isn't Isaac doesn't mean he's ten million times more mainstream.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Insert “I deliberately entered a thread about things I don’t like, and now I am mad. How could this happen to me?” Here.
Hey man

Most communities for games i like are dead
Its either a nintendo fansite or twitter or 4chan /vr/ or a dead discord chat
its a genuine rare occasion to get a good discussion on the game series I like

Social media killed the internet and im stuck in a pit

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hah. The true Data East Rep will be the Chef from Burger Time.

I myself would be up for some classic Midway characters like those from Gauntlet or Rampage.
Karnov's the character Data East used the most though. His solo game, the Final Boss of 2 Fighter's History games, and a Boss in Bad Dudes.

So, if it is Terry, I am curious. What do you think his series symbol would be?

As much as that would enthuse me to no end, I just don’t see it happening. Especially sense the Japanese find Mortal Kombat abhorrent.
Terry's Logo could just be the Star on the back of his jacket, his adopted son Rock Howard has something similar as well.

As for Scorpion, MK has a cult following in Japan, with MKX being a fairly imported game from what I remember. But it's banned due to all the violence. Since that violence would get scrubbed in Smash anyway, I gotta wonder if it could be pulled off.

Shroob

Sup?
So I'm allowed to criticize the anti-bubble bubble for complaining about Smash fans wanting niche characters while supporting SNK then. Just because Terry isn't Isaac doesn't mean he's ten million times more mainstream.
.........I mean that comparison falls flat.

King of Fighters still gets games.

Golden Sun is dead.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
SNK got straight-up revived from death a couple years back and now they're on top of their game.

Can't say that about Golden Sun :secretkpop:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So assuming there is a direct this week. When do you think it'll be announced? I'm thinking tomorrow and then being Wednesday if not though then announced Wednesday and happening on Thursday.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hey man

That’s... not really an excuse to go around and generalize.

And I’m sure that communities do exist for games you like. Try checking reddit, or other forums.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey man

It's a tough world bruh

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Karnov's the character Data East used the most though. His solo game, the Final Boss of 2 Fighter's History games, and a Boss in Bad Dudes.

Terry's Logo could just be the Star on the back of his jacket, his adopted son Rock Howard has something similar as well.

As for Scorpion, MK has a cult following in Japan, with MKX being a fairly imported game from what I remember. But it's banned due to all the violence. Since that violence would get scrubbed in Smash anyway, I gotta wonder if it could be pulled off.
It's not banned. WB just decided to skip a Japanese release because of the "lack of a market for it".

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The only thing Terry and Isaac have in common is they are both blonde.
And their series are more cult following than mainstream. There's a good chunk of people who know about SNK characters from Capcom vs. SNK 2 rather than SNK's own fighters.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey man

Don’t mean you gotta be rude, boo.

StormC

Smash Hero
And their series are more cult following than mainstream. There's a good chunk of people who know about SNK characters from Capcom vs. SNK 2 rather than SNK's own fighters.
There's a wide gulf between "cult" and "mainstream."

SNK games have decades of history and dedicated followings all over the world, especially in Asia and Latin America. They were arcade juggernauts.

Isaac has a trilogy of RPGs that did pretty well on the GBA and flopped on the DS.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Terry still gets games to this day. Isaac doesn't. Not really a strong comparision.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's not banned. WB just decided to skip a Japanese release because of the "lack of a market for it".
Yeah, because CERO would've banned it anyway.

And guess what happened to MK11

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The only thing Terry and Isaac have in common is they are both blonde.
They are both pretty sick.
They pass the torch to their sons.
Both are associated with Earth.
Both would bring some good music.

In the States? Sure MK, Tekken and SF are more popular. But I'm pretty sure Mexico, Latin America and China are the areas where SNK is huge. So this would be their character like Japan getting Hero or the States getting Banjo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom