• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They are both pretty sick.
They pass the torch to their sons.
Both are associated with Earth.
Both would bring some good music.

In the States? Sure MK, Tekken and SF are more popular. But I'm pretty sure Mexico, Latin America and China are the areas where SNK is huge. So this would be their character like Japan getting Hero or the States getting Banjo.
If this means Sakurai is finally thinking more globally in reguards to roster choices than I’m all for it. Give those people their boy.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ok ok ok

I'll stop my generalization of nintendos fans

on here
youre not even doing it right

unless you have the .gif of a wojak with a neckbeard raising his arms up and down, saying something about soylent, and bing bing wahoo, are you really even insulting nintendrones, nintoddlers, nint- i dont know any more nintendo fan insults

D

Deleted member

Watching Salty Bet for the first time in over a year makes me wanna install MUGEN again and hunt down those characters I had ~10 years ago, like Missingno, Konata or Rare Akuma. Getting massive nostalgia here.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
imagine going from saying that the next rep is actually capcom, arguing over phoenix and jill, to just straight into terry mother****ing bogard

and then we finish it off with porky and Will wins the entire pass and internet

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oof, just realized that I'll be on vacation when the SEGA Genesis mini releases.

My preorder still better be good when I come back.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I'm allowed to criticize the anti-bubble bubble for complaining about Smash fans wanting niche characters while supporting SNK then. Just because Terry isn't Isaac doesn't mean he's ten million times more mainstream.
Genuine question, what the hell is the anti-bubble bubble? The Smash bubble refers to specific characters being more popular in specific communities while ignoring characters not in that specific community bubble

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Terry's trailer could have a bunch of the hat/helmet wearing characters do his "OKAY!" winpose with him. Y'know like :ultmario:,:ultmegaman:,:ultdiddy:,:ultsamus: and a couple others.

Noipoi

Howdy!
imagine going from saying that the next rep is actually capcom, arguing over phoenix and jill, to just straight into terry mother****ing bogard

and then we finish it off with porky and Will wins the entire pass and internet
I lived to see Will be happy about a potential Smash reveal

D

Deleted member

Genuine question, what the hell is the anti-bubble bubble? The Smash bubble refers to specific characters being more popular in specific communities while ignoring characters not in that specific community bubble
Anti-bubble bubble is a bubble that convinced themselves there are characters people want besides these 5 we talk about repeatedly.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Not even going to step into the SNK debates because I'm not concerned with it either way. Here's something different: how many of you watch Steven Universe and are hyped for the premiere of it's movie tonight?

Steven vs Harley Quinn-XJ-9 is going to be one hell of a showdown.

D

Deleted member

Gotta love how the "latest posts" section on the main page always has at least one SNK character on there, rotating betwen Terry, Nakoruru and occasionally Kyo. SNK's taking over, though I wanna avoid getting too hyped, just in case it's a dud.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not even going to step into the SNK debates because I'm not concerned with it either way. Here's something different: how many of you watch Steven Universe and are hyped for the premiere of it's movie tonight?

Can’t wait to see Steven Neck-iverse fight Circus Baby.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
There's already memes on Latin American forums making fun of Americans for not being hype about SNK.

https://scontent.fscl4-1.fna.fbcdn....=bb9bbb21b768fa60264b210f1268de7a&oe=5E149929
I know they're just having fun, but it'll be hard to take those people whenever they get mad at people for not supporting SNK.

Latin America: "LOL UR SO SALTY XD"
America: "I don't know anything about SNK, so I'm not excited."
Latin America: "Dude, why aren't you giving it a chance!?"

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I'm shook. I though it'd be ROCKET LAWN CHAIR.
It would own if the announcer says that when the characters switch weapons in smash. Even better if the Metal Slug character have special animation where they get fat from eating food and use forks intead of knives

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Can we just have a Teenage Robot reboot? Jenny's VA is still in the business as she plays Lysithea iirc

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I know they're just having fun, but it'll be hard to take those people whenever they get mad at people for not supporting SNK.

if you're not being obnoxious about it then they're not talking about you

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
ATTENTION EVERYONE

The Steven Universe Movie is an hour away! How hyped are you?

Lollipopped

Smash Lord

Yeah, I'm already not a fan of that mentality already. Is it really such a bad thing to not be hype about an SNK rep if you've never played an SNK game? Like, I know what it is, and it's not that I hate the decision to add a rep from that company, it's just that I don't particularly care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom