• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
No child would know who banjo is if it wasnt for boomer smash fans that dont put on deodorant
Not gonna lie, that's kind of an unfair generalization and mockery of people who really wanted the character.

...Maybe I'm taking your comment too seriously, I dunno. But I read it that way as someone who has next to zero history with the duo (I've played all of ten minutes of Nuts and Bolts. That's it.).

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Since we're on this discussion, here's how I feel like the target audience for DLC is:
Joker: 16+, more than likely to heard of Persona 5 by that age, probably played it

Banjo: 20+, definitely one for the 90s kids

Hero: 10+, Popular in Japan, DQ11 got exposure in America, may be hard for little kids to get into, but anyone who can read chapter books consistently and can watch PG movies on their own can understand it, and probably will enjoy it.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
The idea of an SNK rep doesn't excite me at all, so that's fun stuff.
Still excited for a direct, though. Hopefully they reveal some more news about Animal Crossing.

D

Deleted member

Since we're on this discussion, here's how I feel like the target audience for DLC is:
Joker: 16+, more than likely to heard of Persona 5 by that age, probably played it

Hero: 10+, Popular in Japan, DQ11 got exposure in America, may be hard for little kids to get into, but anyone who can read chapter books consistently and can watch PG movies on their own can understand it, and probably will enjoy it.
Again, a life lesson. If you're not sure if everything in the pass will appeal to you, don't buy the full pass.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

hero vs banjo was the real boomer zoomer debate

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SNK ain't dead people. That Discord quote is most likely bull****.

Harpoon said:
Again, all other four packs are 4.19 MB, too. This wasn't copying and pasting from an SNK page.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not gonna lie, that's kind of an unfair generalization and mockery of people who really wanted the character.

...Maybe I'm taking your comment too seriously, I dunno. But I read it that way as someone who has next to zero history with the duo (I've played all of ten minutes of Nuts and Bolts. That's it.).
It’s cool to **** on Banjo fans apparently

Just ignore em

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If people don't know what SNK is then that's on them for being so grossly sheltered.
So what you're saying is that it's wrong to be upset with a character that you've never heard of because everyone should have the same level of knowledge about video games as uber Smash fans who spend a large portion of their time immersing themselves in them?

With that argument, we might as well add the most obscure character from a Japanese exclusive game. I mean, it's your own fault for not playing their game, and you should be happy because Smash is doing you a favor and introducing you to a franchise you'll definitely like.

Seriously, this thread gets too defensive whenever someone doesn't leap for joy over a new character.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
A ninja sharing his name with a kung fu warrior Vs a girl with her bird.

The dream match-up everyone was waiting for.

Shame it won't happen in-game tho.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
What stage of grief is this thread in right now? Anger? Bargaining? Depression?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So what you're saying is that it's wrong to be upset with a character that you've never heard of because everyone should have the same level of knowledge about video games as uber Smash fans who spend a large portion of their time immersing themselves in them?

With that argument, we might as well add the most obscure character from a Japanese exclusive game. I mean, it's your own fault for not playing their game, and you should be happy because Smash is doing you a favor and introducing to a franchise you'll definitely like.

Seriously, this thread gets too defensive whenever someone doesn't leap for joy over a new character.
Nah people are just making fun of you because you acted like kids would care
What I wanna know is why is it bad to **** on characters and their fans

Except Banjo?

Really makes you think
Cause that ***** ass ************ kept ****ting in my woods and his ****ing reprobate companion calls me slurs and **** on my ear in middleschool

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean, it's not just little kids. Several users in this very thread admitted that they have no idea what SNK is. If Nintendo was choosing the DLC, I'd like to think they'd at least try to add mostly franchises who a lot of people would recognize.
I'm pretty sure more people would know Terry over ****ing Geno. Like, I'm not crazy for thinking that right?

And again, when Melee came out no one knew what the **** a Marth or Roy even was. Not to mention Mr. Game and Watch.

I like a lot of games from a lot of companies, especially Nintendo and Capcom. But I'm not gonna act like SNK is this obscure indie company that didn't help to shape the fighting game genre in many ways.

D

Deleted member

The leaks revolving

This thread is chaos, chaos.
Up and down on this merry go round

The solution, we'll never know

Now we seek the truth to these leaks

Here we go, it's The (Smash) Ultimate Show

D

Deleted member

Nah people are just making fun of you because you acted like kids would care
Cause that ***** *** ************ kept ****ting in my woods and his ****ing reprobate companion calls me slurs and **** on my ear in middleschool
Banjo Kazooie is a ***** ass ************. They pissed on my wife. That's right. They took their furry little ***** out and-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom