• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So if I'm following everything:
-The Nintendo UK and Spanish websites have the Challenger 5 pack uploaded with SNK copyright.
-As shown by Hero, just having the relevant copyrights isn't a knock as the UK site does just that for them.
-It does share the same download data amount as the other packs.
-However, it does share the same copyright information with the SnK Heroines DLC, which could mean it was a mistake.
-Sabi just recently supported it.

Am I missing anything?

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
It's not. Enjoy the ride. This is very much a story of the continent of Fodlan, its nations, and its people.
I'll take your word for it, but I'm prepared for anything. How much of a curveball can this game throw me?

Also, big LOL at Nintendo leaking an SNK fighter. Real smooth on their part.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
What's worse is that it might be real but then we get ****ing Terry instead of Nakoruru.

I'm on the cliff of the cliffs here, bro. I can't take this ****. I got to go before not so gentle panda posts another plot twist.
If that happens, I gotta ask

ARE YOU OKAY?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
"It's a real leak from a Nintendo slip up!"

"It's an error from a different game on the website!"

"Look on Hero's page!"

I must be on Mr. Bones' Wild Ride once again...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
And I'm dead.

I don't know what to ******** believe anymore.

Cool it Michael. Cool it. Get your **** together...

Oh **** it! I just don't know what's real or fake at this point! Just get to the direct already! I need to ******* know now!!!!

And just after I took a nice long refeshing shower to hold my sanity together in check.

*Becomes braindead due to malfunction to brain*

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I just need to watch 10 more live-action movies before I hit the 200 mark in the list of live-action movies I remember watching in my entire lifetime.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I mean people still had doubt over Incineroar despite all odds. Granted we're in more of a schrodinger's cat situation right now but there does exists some leakers that supported an SNK character, so... I personally lean more towards the cat may be alive but not exactly flourishing

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I'll take your word for it, but I'm prepared for anything. How much of a curvball can this game throw me?

Also, big LOL at Nintendo leaking an SNK fighter. Real smooth on their part.
There's a route infographic on Reddit, but it has spoilers. I can provide redacted details if you want.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
If there is an SNK character it better be Kyo.

I have been playing KOF for a long time sometimes where KOF was the only thing I was really a big fan of before Smash, and I’ve been thinking about Kyo potentially getting in and for it to actually happen would turn me into a black hole from the excitement.

Heck Sakurai played KOF before with a lot of mechanics from Smash coming from that franchise, and the Smash Invitation would work perfectly for a KOF character reveal.

If people don't know what SNK is then that's on them for being so grossly sheltered.
That’s a terrible way to address people not knowing about certain franchises.

SNK isn’t as popular here as it is on other parts of the world. They’re very niche here because the company usually markets their franchises more to Latin America and China because their insanely popular over there.

You shouldn’t ridicule people for not knowing a company that they would otherwise not even have contact with.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

sabi is on some shaky ground after the vergeben **** up
but we'll see
Truth be told, I find the whole SNK thing overblown. Could be a mistake, and we've seen plenty of those before like with the 7 DLC slots post E3. We're not even guaranteed a character reveal this months. Play it safe y'all. We be jumping the gun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Btw onereasonanddone can't get on the site for some reason but he says an SNK character would be amazing
-The Nintendo UK and Spanish websites have the Challenger 5 pack uploaded with SNK copyright.
-As shown by Hero, just having the relevant copyrights isn't a knock as the UK site does just that for them.
-However, it does share the same copyright information with the Samsho DLC, which could mean it was a mistake.

Am I missing anything?
Some guy implying Nakoruru having leaked Hero's moves

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
-However, it does share the same copyright information with the Samsho DLC, which could mean it was a mistake.

Am I missing anything?
Well, someone did some research and found that the copyright from the page is from the DLC pages for SNK Heroines, from what i've read on the Smash Wiki.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
"It's a real leak from a Nintendo slip up!"

"It's an error from a different game on the website!"

"Look on Hero's page!"

I must be on Mr. Bones' Wild Ride once again...
Even when you think it's finally over, it never really is.

Oh hey that reminds me we're now only one month away from October. Nice, nice.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So what you're saying is that it's wrong to be upset with a character that you've never heard of because everyone should have the same level of knowledge about video games as uber Smash fans who spend a large portion of their time immersing themselves in them?

With that argument, we might as well add the most obscure character from a Japanese exclusive game. I mean, it's your own fault for not playing their game, and you should be happy because Smash is doing you a favor and introducing you to a franchise you'll definitely like.

Seriously, this thread gets too defensive whenever someone doesn't leap for joy over a new character.
You don't have to be happy about it. You're allowed to dislike the characters. I can get that. I don't exactly care about Nakaruru either. Though I do like Terry Bogard.

But you sandbagging other game series that many people do care about just because it isn't Nintendo ain't a good look. That's the problem. And an "Uber Fan" of Smash would likely be someone who doesn't branch out to try other companies games. The type of people who act like Geno's a well known name, but somehow Tekken, one of the most successful Fighting Game Series is "not iconic enough" is somehow actually obscure. Hell, I'm not exactly a huge SNK fan myself, but of their games I did play, I liked them and Terry Bogard's been my favorite character of their company.

SNK isn't some obscure indie company. They've been around for literal decades and the entirety of Mexico would love a KoF character I'm pretty sure.

I apologize if I seem rude.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms I feel the same way about Smash speculation. It's fun to speculate your favorite character getting in and all on occasion. But, due to the controversy and reading into things too much too often, I don't take them seriously nor do I partake in speculation conversation seriously. I'll reference it in a joking manner (like when I changed my avi to Tracer for 5 minutes last week for the lolz), but other than that it's not a subject I like at all, really.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
So what you're saying is that it's wrong to be upset with a character that you've never heard of because everyone should have the same level of knowledge about video games as uber Smash fans who spend a large portion of their time immersing themselves in them?

With that argument, we might as well add the most obscure character from a Japanese exclusive game. I mean, it's your own fault for not playing their game, and you should be happy because Smash is doing you a favor and introducing you to a franchise you'll definitely like.

Seriously, this thread gets too defensive whenever someone doesn't leap for joy over a new character.
I like how you're projecting your disatisfaction for snk characters being in smash on to a make believe child lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom