• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
...Meh, whenever a SNK character gets in or not.

I’m still pulling for Crash getting the last slot.

Did that just rhyme?

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Terry Bogard would be hella dope. We'll see though

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
gonna have to get my #TeamReal hat out for this one haven't seen it in a long time

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I mean, at least like Hero I'll have some faint knowledge on this bird girl if she does get in cause otherwise I fear I would've been like, "Who? This girl over Crash? Okay, Sakurai."

But now I'm just like, "Okay. Cool, whatever. Guess she's neat"

Double K

Smash Lord
All y'all hoping for Nakoruru, but I want the absolutely not happening Bow Wife, Majikina Mina

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
*sips*
AAAh Metal Slug 6 character select music...

*sips*
now that was a good character select song...

*sips*

hqdefault.jpg

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Welp, I got it.
20190901_151227.jpg

This better not be another ****ing Awakening or Fates....

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What's worse is that it might be real but then we get ****ing Terry instead of Nakoruru.

I'm on the cliff of the cliffs here, bro. I can't take this ****. I got to go before not so gentle panda posts another plot twist.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know, Smash 4's DLC newcomers weren't much better. Ryu was the all ages pick, Corrin was for a demographic that was... very specific, Cloud was made for 90s kids, and Bayo... Adults.

Compare it not Ult, Plant was for everyone, Joker was for a specific audience, Hero was both for everyone AND a specific audience depending on the region, and Banjo was for 90s kids.

D

Deleted member

What's worse is that it might be real but then we get ****ing Terry instead of Nakoruru.

I'm on the cliff of the cliffs here, bro. I can't take this ****. I got to go before not so gentle panda posts another plot twist.
Y'all ever wanted a bird girl but then Sakurai slams Terry's head through the Smash portal?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Why is the gentle panda the one with all the twists?

The writter on this season are really losing their minds here, that, or one of them is Hideo Kojima.

D

Deleted member

Why is the gentle panda the one with all the twists?

The writter on this season are really losing their minds here, that, or one of them is Hideo Kojima.
Gentlepanda controls the flow of information. He's the real MGS villain here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Back.

Had to take a refreshing shower. Couldn't keep up with the rate the thread was going and these leak plot twists. Finally settled.

Seriously though direct better be this week. I don't know how much longer I can keep my sanity in check...

Internet. Why u do tis to us!?

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So I've managed to catch up from what I've read in the pages, the news about a leak for a character from SNK being the next fighter. It's kinda crazy that we got something like this just a day after that IAmShifty rumor about Ninja Gaiden being in.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So the lesson the Chorus Kids, Ariortas, Tracer, and Nakoru taught me is that leaks, even fake, can create genuine support.

Might have to try and make a Grovyle leak or something.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
thinkin' back rn to that japanese leaker who said they had heard nakoruru maybe you guys forgot but that one person with the Arsene profile picture remembers, that's for sure

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So what you're saying is that it's wrong to be upset with a character that you've never heard of because everyone should have the same level of knowledge about video games as uber Smash fans who spend a large portion of their time immersing themselves in them?
There's a huge difference between SNK and some generic Japan only Visual Novel company but sure, go off.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So is it likely a mistake or not I can't keep up anymore
We have no idea. On one hand, Joker's page lists all of the copyright information, unlike the page for character number 4.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/DLC/Joker-Challenger-Pack-1519380.html

On the other hand, Hero's page only lists the copyright information for the companies/people that own what is included in that DLC.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/DLC/Hero-Challenger-Pack-1519384.html

It could be real, or it could be an error on the part of whoever typed that information in. We have no way of knowing until the next Direct at the earliest, it seems.

My opinion on it:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Gentlepanda controls the flow of information. He's the real MGS villain here.
We need Solid Panda to save the world.

'cuz you see, with his neutral special, he bring a GUUUUUUN OF THE PATRIOTS.

...which is actually worse than Joker gun, for some reasons...

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm pretty sure more people would know Terry over ****ing Geno. Like, I'm not crazy for thinking that right?

And again, when Melee came out no one knew what the **** a Marth or Roy even was. Not to mention Mr. Game and Watch.

I like a lot of games from a lot of companies, especially Nintendo and Capcom. But I'm not gonna act like SNK is this obscure indie company that didn't help to shape the fighting game genre in many ways.
I think Geno is a bad choice for DLC given his obscurity, so that doesn't really contradict how I feel.

Point is, Smash fans tend to forget what it's like to be moderately interested in video games. While I'm sure there's quite a few people who'd be happy with Nakoruru, she and her franchise are far from a household name. Am I saying that there aren't other franchises in Smash that aren't equally obscure? No, but I am saying that I don't think she'd be a good choice for DLC. This isn't really the time to experiment and try adding some really unorthodox characters. People have paid money for a pass that they believe will be well worth their money, so I think it'd be best for Nintendo to stick with popular requests, or at the very least, characters from franchises a lot of people would be familiar with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom