• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I mean, it's not just little kids. Several users in this very thread admitted that they have no idea what SNK is. If Nintendo was choosing the DLC, I'd like to think they'd at least try to add mostly franchises who a lot of people would recognize.
A lot of people do recognize SNK franchises, just not in the west and not in nintendo-centric fanbases, this exact conversation about SamSho's popularity was had when melee got snuffed at EVO

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I mean, it's not just little kids. Several users in this very thread admitted that they have no idea what SNK is. If Nintendo was choosing the DLC, I'd like to think they'd at least try to add mostly franchises who a lot of people would recognize.
No child would know who banjo is if it wasnt for boomer smash fans that dont put on deodorant

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
A SNK rep would have been a pleasant surprise had Nintendo not leaked it themselves. Still, I'm all for choices that go against the characters we've been expecting.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No child would knows who banjo is if it wasnt for boomer smash fans that dont put on deodorant
Hey, I put on deodorant every day and I'm only 20 years old.

You do know that "Boomer" refers to "Baby Boomers", people born from 1946 to 1964. So, not the late 90's early 2000's kids who grew up with Banjo-Kazooie and it's sequel.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Certainly can't speak for everyone, but I don't bother with leaks anymore anyways. They don't interest me. They're not "fun" to me, instead they're just repetitive nonsense.

We go through hundreds of fakes and shams during the wait, that, debunked in advance or not, ultimately amount to nothing, and all of the legitimate Smash Bros. leaks we've had in recent years have either killed my hype, transformed the community into a toxic cesspool that I want to stay the hell away from, or both.

If I ever seem completely uninterested in discussing leaks or way behind on any information regarding them, that's why. I don't like them. I'd rather we stopped getting them altogether. If nothing else, there's always going to be plenty of fakes to throw us off.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
So regarding the recent rumor, I decided to do some surface-level research as I'm a complete SNK pleb. From what I've found, here's the potential big-league mascots they could pull as their rep:

1. Terry Bogard
2. Haohmaru
3. Mai Shiranui
4. Nakoruru

Am I missing anyone? Forgive me if I left someone out.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Hey, I put on deodorant every day and I'm only 20 years old.

You do know that "Boomer" refers to "Baby Boomers", people born from 1946 to 1964. So, not the late 90's early 2000's kids who grew up with Banjo-Kazooie and it's sequel.
Playing video games makes you age 30+ years

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I go for like 1-2 hours, and everything I know is a lie...maybe.

Smash Speculation is a weird entertaining mess.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So regarding the recent rumor, I decided to do some surface-level research as I'm a complete SNK pleb. From what I've found, here's the potential big-league mascots they could pull as their rep:

1. Terry Bogard
2. Haohmuru
3. Mai Shiranui
4. Nakoruru

Am I missing anyone? Forgive me if I left someone out.
Marco and Fio from Metal Slug
Kyo and Iori from King of Fighters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah and people in this thread knew **** like that one party member from that one mario game who did **** all more than Dragon Quest, meaning that people are super shelted in the echo chambers of hyper Nintendo fanatics, you're point? When I first played Brawl I only knew 4 of the franchises yet I went "Wow this cool dude has blue hair and a big ass sword that he tosses. Imma play that character". Kids aren't babies like hardcore Smash fans are

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Bird studio

We’re back in business boys
that said SNK do very likely not have 'all rights reserved' to smash, and the copyright is identical to the SNK heroines DLC

so it's probably still a mistake

but also bird gang

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
even with this SHAKE UP, there's still a bit going for Nako I feel. The idea of Nako being in smash had been germinating inside of me for the past couple moths and now that this has happened I have no choice but to stan.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Just because I don't know what SNK is doesn't mean my chances of purchasing a SNK character are lowered. I'm purchasing all DLC characters since I know I'm gonna have a fun time playing all of them, and I'm sure the same could be said for other kids. I doubt many young kids gave a rats *** about most of Smash 4's DLC, and it seems to have sold well anyway.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah and people in this thread knew **** like that one party member from that one mario game who did **** all more than Dragon Quest, meaning that people are super shelted in the echo chambers of hyper Nintendo fanatics, you're point? When I first played Brawl I only knew 4 of the franchises yet I went "Wow this cool dude has blue hair and a big *** sword that he tosses. Imma play that character". Kids aren't babies like hardcore Smash fans are
I got into Metal Gear because of his appearance in Smash, not the other way around. I can confirm that this does indeed happen.

I got into Banjo because i saw him everywhere in Smash speculation. I decided to look into it and fell in love.

I got into Final Fantasy VII and Persona 5 for the exact same reasons.

I want Geno for the exact same reasons.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That kid can only buy so many games. You can't blame someone for being upset that the DLC has characters they're never heard of. It's unfair to say, "Lol should've played SNK lmao," like that kid should've known exactly which franchise would get represented in Smash.
I mean, sure. It's easier said than done to get people to try things they aren't immediately interested in. But many of SNK's games are available on Switch for real cheap. It wouldn't be that hard to get one and see if you like it. It's not like we're talking a $60 game here. It's not like many kids these days would know King K. Rool or R.O.B outside of Smash. Meanwhile, there's literally 10 or so games with Terry Bogard right on their Switch.

At least guys like Mega Man and Ryu either have collections or new games to get a new generation to play their titles. And I really doubt any kids would be THAT upset. I mean, when I was a young kid, I didn't get that mad when a "literally who" named Marth was playable when Wario or Diddy Kong weren't in Melee. At worst, I thought Marth was a weirdo.

It'd only suck if mainstay characters got removed like Mega Man/Venom in MVC3 or Wolverine/Storm/Magneto in MVCI.

StormC

Smash Hero
I literally don't know what to think anymore.

I need some air. I'm too old for Smash speculation. It's bad for the heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom