• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

This is going nowhere. I'm tired of going round and round in circles.

I'd like to know exactly what they think they gain by keeping secrets like this.

the listing only had the SNK copyright while the others have all the involved companies up to microsoft

so this actually seems extremely likely and we should all calm ourselves for a minute
At this point I'm just tiered. I'm sick of waiting and I'm sick of all this secrecy. The characters in Smash are not a matter of national security Nintendo!

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Kids can DEFINITELY get into DQ, it has a cartoony artstyle, a lot of humor, and isn't anything really complicated. Definitely for those 10+, due to some language and I feel like the youngest would get bored of reading lots of text.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
SNK huh? Another franchise I've never played. How exciting...
So glad I never blindly bought the Fighter Pass when it was first announced.
I find it funny how poorly my attempts get to know the DLC characters ahead of time went. First I got Minecraft on Switch in anticipation of the "inevitable" Steve, and recently I got re4 and the Ace Attorney trilogy for the "inevitable" Capcom rep.

D

Deleted member

the listing only had the SNK copyright while the others have all the involved companies up to microsoft

so this actually seems extremely likely and we should all calm ourselves for a minute
When Ryu Hayabusa finally kills the bird.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Since it's way unlikely we'll ever get an Indie third-party, I kinda want to see them pull another Shovel Knight on us and reveal Sans as an Assist Trophy.

Mostly because I want to see how the Nintendo NY crowd will react when they see Mario suddenly get struck by bones as the camera pans over to show Sans winking at them from beyond the fourth wall. If only we could've gotten that during the Assist Trophy montages from past directs. :chuckle:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
That kid can only buy so many games. You can't blame someone for being upset that the DLC has characters they're never heard of. It's unfair to say, "Lol should've played SNK lmao," like that kid should've known exactly which franchise would get represented in Smash.
well tough luck for that kid cause not everything's gonna appeal to everybody

Not every character will appeal to the hardcore nintendo fanbase, and some characters like Joker are meant to bring in completely new audiences

its not like that kid is going to know every character in smash anyways. Maybe he'll take interest in Nakoruru and want to play SamSho in the future. One of the great things about smash is that it can introduce people to games they wouldn't have tried otherwise.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
you thought it was bird gang

but it was me, the man killed twelve times over this week and yet is still standing

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
id imagine they would be able to be switched out and once one gets knocked out, the other jumps in. like Pokemon Trainer but not really
Wait a minute...You're on to something.

1. SNK's most popular franchise is King of Fighters. Technically an alternate timeline of Fatal Fury with more original characters but also fighters from the rest of SNK's line up.
2. Nakaruru's shown up in these KoF titles, or at least KoF 14.
3. Terry, being the reason there's even multiple timelines, shows up in both the FF timeline and KoF timeline.
4. Like Captain Shwampy Captain Shwampy posted, Terry's and Naka are in their top 5 most popular characters.
5. KOF games have teams of 3 normally, like Pokemon Trainer's Starter team.
6. Fatal Fury had a Background attack in which someone could attack from the Z-Axis, clearly this leads to the Down B tagging out teammates using this attack, while the others sit back, like in KoF.
7. Kyo, being the other major character in KoF, who originated from there would be a perfect fit for rounding out the team.
8. We never even considered a DLC character working like Pokemon Trainer. So no one even guessed it.

Terry what.JPG

Don't take this post too seriously.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The next supposed leak that gets revealed. I'm not holding my breath because another update will just seemingly debunk it ruining the fun and finally having something to talk about that's Smash related.

Back to usual waiting and slowness...Yay...:glare:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
My dude are you seriously pulling a "THINK OF THE CHILDREN" in a game with Snake, Ridley, Bayonetta and Joker? Besides, that's implying kids recognized at least half of the game's roster already
I mean, it's not just little kids. Several users in this very thread admitted that they have no idea what SNK is. If Nintendo was choosing the DLC, I'd like to think they'd at least try to add mostly franchises who a lot of people would recognize.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I mean, it's not just little kids. Several users in this very thread admitted that they have no idea what SNK is. If Nintendo was choosing the DLC, I'd like to think they'd at least try to add mostly franchises who a lot of people would recognize.
If people don't know what SNK is then that's on them for being so grossly sheltered.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Lol well I knew this waa going to be talked about.

Ryu is def the biggest name, but who knows? Sakurai does like to pull some surprises.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I know it's not a 3rd party character so it might not count but Corrin was a literal who for a majority of the globe back in the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom