• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If you think about it too. Partner Theory might be true after all.

:ultjoker:: Morgana
:ulthero:: Slime
:ultbanjokazooie:: Kazooie
Nakoruru: Mamahaha

Which leads to one question if true. What other characters consists of an partner. I know Crash is one given Aku Aku. Might be a stretch too but Doom Slayer perhaps given his rabbit Daisy?
Clearly this means Geo Stelar, and his Partner in Crime Omega-Xis will be next. Mega Man Starforce Boyz.

Geo Stelar SFMM.jpg

You ****** in trouble if the 5% chance if it happening, happens.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Even though I'm interested to see how she'd play, I don't think Nakoruru would be a good addition to a Fighter Pass people have already paid for.

Hero and Banjo were good additions for Japan and NA respectively, but characters like Joker and Nakoruru are suprise additions that were never meant to be please a certain part of the fanbase. These kind of characters are better for base game, not DLC. I planned on buying all of the DLC regardless of who got revealed, but if I were some kid who bought the Fighter Pass expecting to get characters I actually heard of, I'd be immensely disappointed.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
:ultbanjokazooie:

Still the only character from the Fighter Pass that's actually excited me so far.

:ultjoker:'s pretty neat.

:ulthero: barely interests me at all. Any excitement I could've had for The Hero was utterly destroyed months ago.

Good for everyone who did want these characters, but if this keeps up I won't be among those who are excited for the whole pass. Meh. Hakuna Matata, no matter who we get. I'm satisfied with the roster enough as it is anyway. :p

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Even though I'm interested to see how she'd play, I don't think Nakoruru would be a good addition to a Fighter Pass people have already paid for.

Hero and Banjo were good additions for Japan and NA respectively, but characters like Joker and Nakoruru are suprise additions that were never meant to be please a certain part of the fanbase. These kind of characters are better for base game, not DLC. I planned on buying all of the DLC regardless of who got revealed, but if I were some kid who bought the Fighter Pass expecting to get characters I actually heard of, I'd be immensely disappointed.
Maybe that kid needs to expand his horizons and play some different games lmao

StormC

Smash Hero

The DLC is very obviously not selling to kids. Smash has a huge adult fanbase with disposable income and Nintendo is well aware of it. The biggest Switch demographic is 18-35.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Isn't there like hundreds of SNK games ported on Switch. No excuses unlike DQ and Persona

Why are you doing this "I NEVER PLAYED THIS GAME AND I DONT CARE" act. Just play them lol.
Or hell if you dont want to spend money just emulate them
DQ doesn't really get a pass if that's what your going for, since almost every DQ game has been on a Nintendo system.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

that's why you don't buy the fighter pass if you actually care about the character choices

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Another fun fact

Takashi Nishiyama who created Street Fighter moved to SNK and made Fatal Fury as a rival to his capcom creation

Ryu and Terry have the same daddy
So what you're saying is we need to re-united the two half brothers again? It's been so long since CvS2/SvC Chaos.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

I mean to be fair Nakoruru is alongside Mai Shiranui the most popular female characters in their respective franchises by SNK and almost if not up there with Terry.

Plus Sakurai likes characters with unique and creative movesets. That is probably why he and Nintendo might had chose her combined with her popularity.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Maybe that kid needs to expand his horizons and play some different games lmao
That kid can only buy so many games. You can't blame someone for being upset that the DLC has characters they're never heard of. It's unfair to say, "Lol should've played SNK lmao," like that kid should've known exactly which franchise would get represented in Smash.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
There's so many third party choices out there that things were bound to be divisive no matter what. Especially since third parties additions generally seem to be even more divisive than the grand majority of first-party additions. You can't please everyone.

My biggest disappointment is that we probably won't be getting anymore Nintendo characters. I personally would've liked to see Tetra, Bandana Dee and Dixie Kong join the fight, but alas.

On the off-chance we get a second Fighter Pass though, my hope for Nintendo characters might just rise up from the ashes. But I'm really not counting on it.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My opinion on the DLC as of now goes something like this.

Joker: He has a Stand and a Gun
Hero: RNGoku
Banjo: Guh-huh

I'm very neutral. I would really like someone who will actually is in my interests, and Nakoruru does the trick.

Doomguy would too. I'm just saying.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
DQ doesn't really get a pass if that's what your going for, since almost every DQ game has been on a Nintendo system.
I meant on switch specifically since it the current hardware so its easier to access for new players

No DQ games were ported on it yet
You had just DQ11 for now

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That kid can only buy so many games. You can't blame someone for being upset that the DLC has characters they're never heard of. It's unfair to say, "Lol should've played SNK lmao," like that kid should've known exactly which franchise would get represented in Smash.
Sakurai literally says to only buy the fighters pass if you trust he'll deliver. It's totally on them if they spend $25 and get someone they never heard of.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My dude are you seriously pulling a "THINK OF THE CHILDREN" in a game with Snake, Ridley, Bayonetta and Joker? Besides, that's implying kids recognized at least half of the game's roster already

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Sorry if I'm being redundant, but Im doing one for Samurai Shodown.
HOES MAD SHODOWN.jpg

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Unless the next character was Sora, Crash, or Phoenix Wright, post-Banjo, almost anyone would get outrage and salt because they aren't a "fan favorite."

I knew this would happen after Banjo got in.

My worry is Banjo will get in and people will assume the rest of the DLC is “fan favorites” and then get mad when it’s Heihachi or whatever.

Cherish this moment as this is probably the last time a character with a huge Smash thread will get in for a long time.
Replace "Heihachi" with "SNK character" and I was oddly accurate.

EDIT: oh dear what is happening

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
This is a wild ****in ride I'll tell ya hwat
the listing only had the SNK copyright while the others have all the involved companies up to microsoft

so this actually seems extremely likely and we should all calm ourselves for a minute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom