• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do you guys think we'll be getting a direct this week or next?

Also if so which day do you think it'll fall? I'm thinking either Wednesday or Thursday both this or next week whichever it is.

StormC

Smash Hero
So...

Anyone still think Spirits don't deconfirm for this Fighters Pass?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Nakoruru, huh? Well, I care about her just as much as I do Hayabusa, which is to say hardly at all.

If she does get in though, I'll be a little irritated how this Fighter Pass has seemingly put an emphasis on the Japanese fans. Kinda makes Banjo feel like the "Hopefully this will be enough to shut you up" character.

StormC

Smash Hero
Pretty much all the insider scuttlebutt is saying this week for the Direct, and most likely Thursday.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
D

Deleted member

I ****en PLAYED Triple Trouble and I remember jack other than Fang and that badass train setpiece

Whomst the ****eth are thy choices
You poor lass. No one should have played Triple Trouble. Johnny's job for that marathon was specifically to show you what not to play lol

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what reason would there be for Nakoruru to be chosen over Terry Bogard if the leak is true? Because though I would prefer her over him. Terry is pretty much the face of not just KoF but SNK as a whole.

Only logical conclusion I can think is the unique and creative moveset she might have.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Why though? Preference? There are no leaks. Nothing that suggests who pass 5 will be. The only thing we have to go on is that each legacy third party company has at least two characters in the game besides Namco. Meaning that their lineup should be considered prime suspects for our grand finale.
The underlined part is what bothers me. It might as well be coincidental and I'm sure it is.
If we had to get another fighting game rep, it should be Fang the Sniper from Sonic the Fighters
That's not what defines a fighting game rep though

D

Deleted member

God this might be the first character since Shulk in which I never heard of this person or their series. I'm excited.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
There was the recent announcement of SamSho recently. Friends of mine believe it might line up.

Imagine if after all this time, the leak from the random Twitter person was correct.

Even better, I don’t know that this actually disconfirms Ryu Hayabusa unless I’m misunderstanding.

Also, back to whoop on you guys in Arena!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Me: "Dude let's go, cute girl with birb!"
Sakurai: "T E R R Y"
Me: "But... cute girl with birb--"

I almost expect it. And I don't think I'm ready for it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we had to get another fighting game rep, it should be Fang the Sniper from Sonic the Fighters
Ah yes, the irrelevant character who only showed up in like 3 games. Y'know, as opposed to any iconic character from MK, Tekken, KI or KoF.

I mean, ****. I'm a Tekken fan. I would gladly take Jin Kazama over Nakaruru or even Terry, as much as I like him. But you could at least let people be happy.

D

Deleted member

I unironically want Terry out of familiarity, but I'm happy with birb girl.

D

Deleted member

SNK wasn't my first thought for a character in general but I can't really be upset with it. Betting on Terry, but I wouldn't be displeased with Nakoruru either.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
There was the recent announcement of SamSho recently. Friends of mine believe it might line up.

Imagine if after all this time, the leak from the random Twitter person was correct.

Even better, I don’t know that this actually disconfirms Ryu Hayabusa unless I’m misunderstanding.

Also, back to whoop on you guys in Arena!
If that twitter dude was telling the truth...

...didn’t he also say there would be a fighter that’s already represented?

Hmm...

Ivander

Smash Legend
Everybody going, "SNK!!!!" or "TERRY!!!" or "NAKORURU!!!!"

And here I am, who knows next to nothing about SNK besides some of the names of their characters and games and crossovers, just going:

But yeah, I know next to nothing about SNK that I can't feel any real excitement. That certainly doesn't mean I have a problem with the choice of an SNK character and I'm glad others are excited. Just that I don't know enough to feel any excitement.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Hey man, Terry's here for the ladies.

I unironically want Terry out of familiarity, but I'm happy with birb girl.
Join the ENGRISH GANG. We'll feed these punks some RAISING TAKOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom