• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Okay real talk. What does Nakuroru (or however you spell it) have over Terry in terms of chances? Terry's the guy from the very first right?

D

Deleted member

But yeah hating a character because they're a human is pretty shallow. At least Gwen played Banjo-Kazooie before she started ****ting on them.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Meanwhile Terry gets in and everyone goes OH GREAT ANOTHER CHARACTER WHO USES FISTS HOW ORIGINAL

Sorry if that sounded sarcastic, they'd be hyped as hell for another punchy dude
Truly, we need more Kickfighter in Smash to unite the peoples and bring the Smash Balance back to Zero.

So, who's ready for Shadow Chun-Li?:yeahboi:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Okay real talk. What does Nakuroru (or however you spell it) have over Terry in terms of chances? Terry's the guy from the very first right?
they're both from different franchises - terry's from fatal fury, nakoruru's from samurai showdown. they're on around equal standing as far as SNK's 'mascots' go (as mentioned, SNK has a charity featuring both of them), but i think stuff like bird pic and milk bosatsu gives nako a significant edge for smash

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This is certainly an unexpected turn of events, assuming that it's not an error like DuckTales Remastered being labeled as having amiibo support. At the very least, it gives me a reason to look into SNK's games - so far, I've only played a King of Fighters collection on the Wii (94-98), KOF14, Metal Slug 2, and Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
they're both from different franchises - terry's from fatal fury, nakoruru's from samurai showdown. they're on around equal standing as far as SNK's 'mascots' go (as mentioned, SNK has a charity featuring both of them), but i think stuff like bird pic and milk bosatsu gives nako a significant edge for smash
Milk bosatsu

Excuse me but wha

D

Deleted member

I guess either or will happen. Guess I might have a reason to check out SamSho soon. Till then, I'm rooting for what I played. Let's go Terry.

BZocky

Smash Ace
Ooh an SNK rep? I hope it's Marco. Maybe a fighter like Hero with the 4 playable characters from the classic Metal Slug games as alts.
Also want to add any SNK rep would be cool but he's my first pick

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I meant we already had a character with a bird companion in the pass
Yeah? And we have over 10 sword fighters in the base game, and got another one in Hero. Who actually cares? They're going to play much differently anyways. It's not like Nakoruru is going to grab her bird and yeet it at folks.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Milk bosatsu

Excuse me but wha
japanese twitter dude who leaked hero's details in full (costumes + alt colours, general moveset, command window, final smash with all other DQ protags) and said he'd heard challenger 4 was a female fighting game character with a boomerang weapon (exactly how nakoruru's hawk works)

StormC

Smash Hero
An SNK character that isn't Mai would probably be the least exciting character for me on the Pass so far.

But that's okay because I already got Joker and Banjo. Not every character in a roster of 70-80 is going to be suited to my tastes.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Ayyyy finally a fighting game character! Even I have to admit SF being the only fighting game represented went a bit stale .

Why can't they pick another actually cool character instead of generic anime character no. 10
Don't do this

After the SNK character is revealed it will be the final say in what the last character (from Namco) will be.
The more characters get revealed for the pass the more of a feeling I get that there won't be another Namco rep.

Surely the 5th dlc will consist of either Doom Guy or Ryu hayabusa.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
japanese twitter dude who leaked hero's details in full (costumes + alt colours, general moveset, command window, final smash with all other DQ protags) and said he'd heard challenger 4 was a female fighting game character with a boomerang weapon (exactly how nakoruru's hawk works)
Imagine if you had a pet bird specifically so you could yeet it at people

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I've gotta play SamSho now, the switch port better not get delayed or anything

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Assuming the SNK rep is true. It really makes you wonder whose gonna be the final DLC fighter.

Once revealed. Smash speculation is gonna become a war zone, people biting at each others throats for their most want for the last spot. The madman Sakurai has did it. He's finally broken the Smash community's mentality.

Who could the last fighter even be? Because if its Terry, Mai or Nakoruru. We'll never know until the last fighter gets revealed. This will be Smash's greatest speculation yet.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The more characters get revealed for the pass the more of a feeling I get that there won't be another Namco rep.

Surely the 5th pass will consist of either Doom Guy or Ryu hayabusa.
Why though? Preference? There are no leaks. Nothing that suggests who pass 5 will be. The only thing we have to go on is that each legacy third party company has at least two characters in the game besides Namco. Meaning that their lineup should be considered prime suspects for our grand finale. And I still believe Dark Souls would be the best grand finale Sakurai could think up.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If we had to get another fighting game rep, it should be Fang the Sniper from Sonic the Fighters
"confused_sonic.jpg*

Who in the holy name of Batman would pick Fang over litteraly any of Sonic's allies or his more famous enemies? I say that Chaos (if it weren't by the fact he is a spirit) as more chance than freakin' Fang to get in.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
So like, absolutely the SNK fighter is getting shown in next week's Direct, right?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Funny how after the Namco, Capcom, and Ryu debates we had, it ended up being the SnK character from the more overlooked leak that took the crown. Goes to show that even when we think we have the pattern, there are still those low key choices of Sakurai that can come in and surprise us.

Or would if Nintendo didn't leak it.

Ghost n' Goblins is another one, it has a special place among the NES classics for its notorious difficulty and it still has an influence even today.
I was gonna say Double Dragon, but if we got a Beat 'Em Up character, I'd go for Streets of Rage first, cause Go Straight is too powerful to be contained. Also, Axel or Blaze would probably be a crazy aggressive character to play with and that sounds fun.

Obviously there's also Ninja Gaiden, but given the recent news, it seems like the Ryu H./Doom Slayer leak ain't real or is only partially real.

Strider and Bionic Commando are there too, but have less overall influence on the platformer genre than Mario/Sonic/Mega Man/Castlevaina/Metroid/DKC ect ect.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not expecting anyone in particular to be the SNK Smasher.

Since I haven't really invested in the company enough, I don't care too much.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
for real though there's gonna be some fallout from this reveal, we're looking at a whole new generation of "Hoes Mad"

D

Deleted member

But does she have a mech? :thinkingface:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom