• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think it's Terry despite the bird stuff.

He's SNK's poster boy. It would be weird to go with anyone before him.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Seems to me like BE vs the Church is almost like pre-revolution America.

The entity in control gives only so much to the population, but still does things that aren’t all that great. Life could be better, they start killing people who break the rules (Boston Massacre).

Granted, there are extra bits and pieces to Three Houses like Edelgard’s own actions, but it makes a split between loyalists to the Church and the revolutionaries.

Also, it makes no difference to me how many paths Edelgard looks the villain part. Tony Stark dies in all outcomes but one...and that outcome is the one we got.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You can't get your next fighter leaked by others sources if you leak it yourself first.

:smirk:

D

Deleted member

Really comes down to ideology.
We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.
For me, it doesn't come down to ideology. In the one life we're given, it comes down to the one moment where Edelgard reveals herself as the Flame Emperor. It's not about ideology. Ideals don't push me to survive . It comes down to trust.

I've given my reasons as to why I wouldn't trust Edelgard with a war. I saw very little reason to believe the war would go well in the moment for me or my friends. The only way I would ever side with her if she was a close friend of mine who I would fight and die for, because what else do friends do? I only know one person who I would side with if they declared war on the U.S. purely on the basis of we're friends, and they're sensible enough not to do that.

This isn't me telling you you're wrong because I've debated Edelgard one too many times for my lifetime and I'm backing out. This is me saying we come from different places and mentalities and we'll reach a moot point if this is about ideology. That's the genius with this writing. It effectively tells four different scenarios that anybody could side with given their background in life and experience in the game.

Graizen

Smash Champion
We about to have Capcom vs SNK inside of Smash.

Imagine if it's KYO BROTHERS!

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I think it's Terry despite the bird stuff.

He's SNK's poster boy. It would be weird to go with anyone before him.
Consider this though, if Banjo releases in september, Nakoruru could probably release in that November-December time period, which is around when SamSho will get its switch port.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Once again, the best leaks come from Nintendo ****ing up.

First we had Simon leaked via music.

Then we had Hero leaked via "Brave".

Then Joker's release was leaked by Nintendo adding the render to their website.

And now this.
Hmmm... SNK's roster is pretty much all fighting games with very few exceptions, which means that the Namco character will most likely not be a Tekken character. I mean, it could be. we have two JRPG characters and my previous predictions lead me to two platforming characters so... heh, imagine a dual reveal of Heihachi/Jin/Kazuya and Terry. Both leading from a followup of the Kencineroar trailer. That feels very unlikely to me, which is almost why I believe it.

StormC

Smash Hero
The Nintendo UK page is still visible with the SNK copyright. What the actual hell is going on over there?

They just can't help themselves.

D

Deleted member

Thinking is a tossup between Nakoruru and Terry, I'm a bit more inclined to Nakoruru given SamSho coming later.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
there's a lot going for nakoruru though, I think its her

edit: see the panda's post
Hmm.... Nakoruru.... my Holmse-ian character sense has never been set off by her. But in the end, that kind of makes her more likely when you think about it in a certain way. I'd support her I suppose. I'm more interested in seeing how this narrows down the last potential candidate and which Namco character it ends up being.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Once again, the best leaks come from Nintendo ****ing up.

First we had Simon leaked via music.

Then we had Hero leaked via "Brave".

Then Joker's release was leaked by Nintendo adding the render to their website.

And now this.
HINATA!!!! :grin:

Please stay this time our loving goddess...Please...We all miss you...:crying:

D

Deleted member

Why can't they pick another actually cool character instead of generic anime character no. 10

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also, poor ****ing Ryu Hayabasa.

Didn't even got the time to cause hundred of debates before he got shutdown by another leak.

Rest In Spaghetti.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Rhea steps down because she wanted you to be her successor anyway, because then she technically stays in power.

She wants you, no, her mother to be in power. That’s what she wanted from the beginning.

Basically, yes, war is bad. But living under the rule of a being that kills folks who think differently in a regime that is effectively Church and State combined? No thanks.

Change doesn’t happen unless the steps that are taken, are taken. More people disagreeing with somebody doesn’t make them right by default. The entire continent buys into the faith of the region because it makes decisions for them and tells them what to think (not so different from some folks in the real world to be fair).

I’ve yet to see any reason to believe Rhea would willingly give up her throne to the people. The BE ending is the only one where that actually happens, because she’s removed from power, after she herself sets fire to an entire city, the capital of the people who follow her closest...just like she takes advantage of Dimitri and leaves him to die after she fails.

I’m the context of Three Houses, I’m still with Edelgard. The world needs to change and frankly, not incrementally.

Really comes down to ideology.

Plus this “she killed thousands” is unfortunate. But as she fights, is she the one saying to “kill them all”? Rather she seems to save those she can by taking out the leaders first.

It comes down to this: fight for what you believe in against an oppressor, or letting the oppressor continue to oppress.

I see Rhea as the oppressor, who uses Dimitri as her lapdog. Dimitri is a good man, no doubt. But he lacks vision of his own, or doesn’t care enough about changing lives for the better.
It's also important to note that
Rhea never actually planned to step down for Byleth or to let them live at all. Her goal at the Holy Tomb was to have Sothis assimilate Byleth's mind and body to revive her
Can’t believe you’re agreeing with me? Come now. There’s plenty of room for agreement when it comes to changing the world order!
The path to a better future may the least likely to happen, but that only means it's the one that deviates the most from the flow of time. And you cannot change the course of a river with gentle pushes, after all.
Uh... legit leak (?) coming through:

Lmao what a way to leak a character

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Why can't they pick another actually cool character instead of generic anime character no. 10
You heard it here folks, Nakoruru confirmed DISAPPOINTING and CONFUSING! This only adds to her chances. It can't possibly be someone different now.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Leave it to Nintendo to show leakers how leaks are actually done. I'm betting on Terry being the rep, he's the poster boy of the company.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom