• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I think Sylvain is turning out to be one of my best units so far. He's a paladin at the moment and he's pretty consistent at doubling enemies.

Now hopefully he turns out to a little more likeable as the game progresses...lol.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Shantae, an indie character, is a spirit.
Shovel Knight, an indie character, is an assist trophy.

It’s time to take indie representation to the next step...
Okay then. I still think the first slot should go to something a big bigger with a bit more legacy. Like Cave Story for example. Plus, the IP owner is Japanese, if you still think that means anything

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay then. I still think the first slot should go to something a big bigger with a bit more legacy. Like Cave Story for example. Plus, the IP owner is Japanese, if you still think that means anything
implying undertale wasn't already a major success in japan

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The poll has been changed.

I'll be returning to my slumber.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

It’s time to take indie representation to the next level...
I don't have any facts or figures, but I've heard Undertale is really popular in Japan. So, it actually makes a lot of sense that Undertale could be the first indie franchise to get in. I was thinking Travis Touchdown (Travis Strikes Again was in a Nindies Showcase, it counts) as also a promotional pick. But I've been won over seeing the fan polls, and Undertale being more popular than I initially assumed. Plus, I am really curious with a character from that series, what the **** Sakurai would even do.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You aight fam?
Yeah no I'm good. Taking a break from internet obligations because I do not have enough time or energy or willpower to handle eight things at once anymore and I need to realign my priorities and fix my lifestyle.

I'll be back. You better be here when I am.

D

Deleted member

Yeah no I'm good. Taking a break from internet obligations because I do not have enough time or energy or willpower to handle eight things at once anymore and I need to realign my priorities and fix my lifestyle.

You better be doing diddly darn good.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

What if I’m there one minute after you arrive?

Noipoi

Howdy!

No promises. I’ve got a couple Scandinaveans after my head.

It still feels like a b-tier franchise though. Pikmin is a huge success. But Mario is still the star child.
Undertale
B-Tier

F209BE71-5584-4AB9-B3C0-41BD36C0CB06.jpeg

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

It’s time to take indie representation to the next level...
Aw yeah that's right, Sans as a stage hazard! The representation all Sans stans desire.

D

Deleted member

What fans fail to realize is that there will more fighters after the fighter pass...

In Smash 6:drshrug:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What I really want is for them to hype up Sans, but then reveal Papyrus as the playable character because Sans is too lazy in fight in Smash Bros. :skull:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The more I think about it, the more bummed I am that Bomberman is out of the running for the Fighters Pass. None of the third party characters left would probably get me as excited as Bomberman would; his games were as much of a staple in my household as Nintendo. My inner N64 child would be utterly tickled at Banjo sharing a Fighters Pass with Bomberman.

After Dixie Kong, I think Bomberman is the Smash character I'd want to see the most, giving it some thought, even superseding Bandana Dee. (At least ruling out Never Ever characters like Eggman and Grunty.) Here's hoping for Smash 6.
Yeah. Bomberman would have been a great addition. Not my favorite, but still someone who'd make for a really cool character.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
What I really want is for them to hype up Sans, but then reveal Papyrus as the playable character because Sans is too lazy in fight in Smash Bros. :skull:
Both are in, but Sans stands off to the side like Pokémon Trainer and nods off most of the time, only helping Papyrus with some moves and his final smash.

StormC

Smash Hero
Guess who drove two hours to an interview only for the person who was supposed to interview me couldn’t make it into work and didn’t notify me.

StormC

Smash Hero
Undertale has a level of mainstream recognizability and acclaim no other indie game has accomplished since Cave Story. Even more than Shovel Knight, I would argue.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mean... I hate to be that girl but... kind of, yeah
This would mean Shantae would be the assist trophy and not Shovel Knight.

I don't think they'll see it as just representing an indie, though, just treat 'em like the usual videogames. So what if it's a small dev team? They can advertise them to help those devs out, but it's not like "indie" is some special genre.

D

Deleted member

Undertale has a level of mainstream recognizability and acclaim no other indie game has accomplished since Cave Story. Even more than Shovel Knight, I would argue.
With more released games than Shovel Knight too

Hey-ooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom