• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm probably gonna say something about my age here a bit, but before coming to Smashboards I'd never even heard of Cave Story. Meanwhile Undertale is everywhere. I think some people overstate Cave Story's prominence in the modern day.
Gonna be real, thought you were 30.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So far I have two reasons to go see Promare: the premiere of the Shantae and the Seven Sirens intro and that my Active Geeks group might not be doing anime night anymore.

Going to go with watch it dub.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I'm probably gonna say something about my age here a bit, but before coming to Smashboards I'd never even heard of Cave Story. Meanwhile Undertale is everywhere. I think some people overstate Cave Story's prominence in the modern day.
I love Cave story and want Quote in smash, but it's nowhere near as significant as some people make it out to be

if people really wanted to start fights it would have to be shovel knight vs undertale

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I still don’t understand the hype surrounding Cave Story in Smash. I don’t think it’s as prominent as people are making it out to bel

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You guys think we'll get a direct next week?
I'm guessing that one will drop in the second or third week of September.

I still don’t understand the hype surrounding Cave Story in Smash. I don’t think it’s as prominent as people are making it out to bel
Maybe it doesn't have quite the same amount of relevance now as it did years back, but It's still a kick*** game, and kick*** games should be represented in Smash.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I'm not really feeling the undertale hype tbh but I guess sans might be kind of cool

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So do you guys expect the last two DLC fighters to surprise us with unexpected picks or be anti-climatic as Olimar and Kencineroar (Base for Ultimate) was?

Part of me is still feeling the former honestly given:ultjoker:and how Sakurai likes to surprise us and pull off the seemingly impossible.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
THIS GAME HAS VOICE OVER?!
**** YEAH! CANON VOICES!
CANON VOICES
A
N
O
N

V
O
I
C
E
S
So do you guys expect the last two DLC fighters to surprise us with unexpected picks or be anti-climatic as Olimar and Kencineroar (Base for Ultimate) was?

Part of me is still feeling the former honestly given:ultjoker:and how Sakurai likes to surprise us and pull off the seemingly impossible.
Frisk isn’t very expected

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

I'm hoping the last two are are cool and unexpected, i'd say Bayo and Cloud were pretty a cool surprise ending for smash 4 dlc.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I wish the credits specified who did what instead of just listing all the VAs but some of them were kind enough to confirm their roles on Twitter already.
I really wish it did too. Behind The Voice Actors has no info either.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Not sure about a Direct, but we're probably getting Pokemon news next week. They've been talking about one of the new Pokemon every day on Twitter. Excluding the Legendaries, we only need Eldegoss, Drednaw, Yamper, Morpeko, Galarian Wheezing, Galarian Zigzagoon, and Obstagoon. So unless Zacian and Zamazenta get a day, we'll run out of Pokemon in exactly one week. That puts us in the first week of September, which lines up with all the other dates we've gotten new info.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I'm hoping to be blown away but I'm definitely keeping my expectations in check for the final two. Just because Smash dropped three DLC bombshells on us doesn't mean the others have to follow suit.

Bayo and Cloud were pretty a cool surprise ending for smash 4 dlc.
Bayo and Corrin, you mean.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Not sure about a Direct, but we're probably getting Pokemon news next week. They've been talking about one of the new Pokemon every day on Twitter. Excluding the Legendaries, we only need Eldegoss, Drednaw, Yamper, Morpeko, Galarian Wheezing, Galarian Zigzagoon, and Obstagoon. So unless Zacian and Zamazenta get a day, we'll run out of Pokemon in exactly one week. That puts us in the first week of September, which lines up with all the other dates we've gotten new info.
What if we got Pokémon news in the direct?

It’s happened before!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom