• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's surprising how avid Nintendo was about pumping anime in the early-mid 2000s but now have virtually zero interest or care in it anymore.

Maybe back in 1993 the :ultmarth: FE3 OVA wasn't so hot but damn I wouldn't mind watching a newer Fire Emblem anime since there are so many games.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's surprising how avid Nintendo was about pumping anime in the early-mid 2000s but now have virtually zero interest or care in it anymore.

Maybe back in 1993 the :ultmarth: FE3 OVA wasn't so hot but damn I wouldn't mind watching a newer Fire Emblem anime since there are so many games.
On the one hand, I’d like more Nintendo animes.

On the other hand, I’m afraid they’d all suck.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm talking about original characters, music, etc. Not alternate versions of characters already fully registered under Nintendo/Pokemon Company.
We got Lucario over here speaking English and a trophy description namedropping Ash.

Though I actually do doubt music and stuff from animes; I only expect characters that have also been in the games, even if they were introduced in the anime - at least in Pokémon's case.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I still wish we got the animal crossing movie and that we got more comfy stories to just sit, relax and watch with al the villagers

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Opossum Opossum

I finally managed to find a video of that one heart-breaking scene in Three Houses that you warned me about a few weeks back.

And I thought killing Alois was hard to go through...

Flayn dying and Seteth crying out for her just destroyed me.

Thankfully I was able to avoid this when I first played through it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Now that Sakurai has no budget,

I can’t wait till he uses an actual bear to showcase banjo

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

"now, please observe this bear throwing around this rotting bird carcass like a club. i believe you will find the resemblance to banjo's forward smash quite amusing"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum

I finally managed to find a video of that one heart-breaking scene in Three Houses that you warned me about a few weeks back.

And I thought killing Alois was hard to go through...

Flayn dying and Seteth crying out for her just destroyed me.

Thankfully I was able to avoid this when I first played through it.
Oh god I could never imagine killing Alois. I think that'd break me, honestly.

D

Deleted member

In before they just replace Banjo with Tekken's Kuma. We got our Namco rep, everybody.
220px-Kuma_(T7).png

Noipoi

Howdy!
I see more and more people thinking an Undertale character is more than just a pipe dream.

I have no idea where this came from but I’m with it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

With how insanely popular Splatoon is over there, I think it'll see an anime one of these days. Splatoon 2 was the first home console game in almost two decades to sell over 2 million in Japan alone.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Look all I’m saying is if the stars align and an Undertale character does happen.

I was calling it since day one, and I have the proof.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I see more and more people thinking an Undertale character is more than just a pipe dream.

I have no idea where this came from but I’m with it.
I know it's become a cliche at this point, but... I have used "pipe dream" to describe my hope for Banjo & Kazooie many times, so.... :chuckle:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
With how insanely popular Splatoon is over there, I think it'll see an anime one of these days. Splatoon 2 was the first home console game in almost two decades to sell over 2 million in Japan alone.
Forget anime. Now that we’ve had Generations of people growing up as fans of these gasses, it’s time for them to give these IPs to some American Cartoon Studio. Imagine if the announced some sort of exclusive deal with Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon or just... whoever gives them the best pitch.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
New thread poll idea.

What comes first:
- Fighters Pass Character #4 Reveal
- A new thread poll
It's telling that when I saw the first line, my immediate thought was, "Will it happen? □ Yes, we'll get a new thread poll and ■ No, we'll not get a new thread poll." Then I read it, and yep, you beat me to it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know it’s popular but.... it’s still weird to me. The idea that we’d get an Undertale character in Smash before Shovel Knight, Shantae, even Quote.
Shantae, an indie character, is a spirit.
Shovel Knight, an indie character, is an assist trophy.

It’s time to take indie representation to the next level...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom