• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
VR plant leaker is back with mild sword and shield information:

I really hope the first point is true

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Back from Godzilla. Good call for seeing it in IMAX Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester

A lot better than I was expecting, at least based on the reactions to the human characters. I'm not sure what others were expecting going into this, but I was expecting Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom levels of bad/annoying and this was not it. Not Kong Skull Island good, but not rip your hair out levels of stupid like JWFK or generic like 2014 IMO. I'm surprised to see it not doing better at the box office or critically than 2014.

I'm glad I watched Mothra vs. Godzilla and Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster before seeing this to understand the references, though I think there was one part heavily borrowed from the Heisei movies I have yet to see; credit to Cinemassacre's Godzillathon.

+ Kaiju Redesigns, Mothra/Rodan/Ghidorah look fantastic
+ New Kaiju are pretty cool looking despite lack of screen time
+ There is at least 4x the amount of screen time for the Kaiju than the 2014 movie
+ References to previous films, mostly the ones listed above
+ Godzilla Theme update
+ Dat final Godzilla shot
+ Kong cameos
+ Post Credits give me hype for Godzilla vs. Kong (though it'll be a good bet they team up to fight the Super/Cloned/New Ghidorah/Kaiju)

~ Godzilla being a neutral party/heroic & different origin aren't bad, but not really representative of the Japanese movies (more so a 2014 problem)
~ Why have Mothra hatch/cocoon in China/Waterfall? If you're going to reference Infant Island why not go all out? Also the main Asian scientist not having a twin oddly enough (like the rest of her family).
~ No Military March/Invasion of the Astro-Monster theme update seems like a missed opportunity

- Godzilla/Kaiju are beings of destruction, why make a plot point about them restoring nature with radiation!? I can overlook the origin, but this goes against most of the defining themes of the franchise. :facepalm:
- Lack of Japan, not even a Kaiju rampage (licensing condition maybe?)
- Random Katakana in undersea ruins, very out of place considering it was heavily based off of Western/Midden Eastern ruins
- Rodan working with Ghidorah, not bad or anything, but out of place considering Ghidorah/THM & Invasion of the Astro-Monster, why not use one of the new Kaiju and have the original Godzilla/Mothra/Rodan team up?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Back from Godzilla. Good call for seeing it in IMAX Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester

A lot better than I was expecting, at least based on the reactions to the human characters. I'm not sure what others were expecting going into this, but I was expecting Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom levels of bad/annoying and this was not it. Not Kong Skull Island good, but not rip your hair out levels of stupid like JWFK or boring like 2014 IMO. I'm surprised to see it not doing better at the box office than 2014.

I'm glad I watched Mothra vs. Godzilla and Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster before seeing this to understand the references, though I think there was one part heavily borrowed from the Heisei movies I have yet to see; credit to Cinemassacre's Godzillathon.

+ Kaiju Redesigns, Mothra/Rodan/Ghidorah look fantastic
+ New Kaiju are pretty cool looking despite lack of screen time
+ There is at least 4x the amount of screen time for the Kaiju than the 2014 movie
+ References to previous films, mostly the ones listed above
+ Godzilla Theme update
+ Dat final Godzilla shot
+ Kong cameos
+ Post Credits give me hype for Godzilla vs. Kong (though it'll be a good bet they team up to fight the Super/Cloned/New Ghidorah/Kaiju)

~ Godzilla being a neutral party/heroic & different origin aren't bad, but not really representative of the Japanese movies (more so a 2014 problem)
~ Why have Mothra hatch/cocoon in China/Waterfall? If you're going to reference Infant Island why not go all out? Also the main Asian scientist not having a twin oddly enough (like the rest of her family).
~ No Military March/Invasion of the Astro-Monster theme update seems like a missed opportunity

- Godzilla/Kaiju are beings of destruction, why make a plot point about them restoring nature with radiation!? I can overlook the origin, but this goes against most of the defining themes of the franchise. :facepalm:
- Lack of Japan, not even a Kaiju rampage (licensing condition maybe?)
- Random Katakana in undersea ruins, very out of place considering it was heavily based off of Western/Midden Eastern ruins
- Rodan working with Ghidorah, not bad or anything, but out of place considering Ghidorah/THM & Invasion of the Astro-Monster, why not use one of the new Kaiju and have the original Godzilla/Mothra/Rodan team up?
Overall glad you really enjoyed it for the most part. Great to also know my recommendation in IMAX was a good call.

Knowing myself this movie will be a day 1 grab for me on Blu-Ray when it comes out. That said though just to let you know. Anything Godzilla related you want to ask or need to know about. You know the expert to talk to. ;)

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Imagine if Sakurai got Grant Kirkhope to work on remixes if Banjo and Kazooie really are coming.

D

Deleted member

Imagine if Sakurai got Grant Kirkhope to work on remixes if Banjo and Kazooie really are coming.
Consodering he didn't get him or Wise to remix DK songs I doubt we will see any non-Japanese musician doing remixes even if we get western characters.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
No fear

Wild Pokemon spawn in the world like LGPE.

Routes are Open World.

Online Raid Battles.

November 15th release date.

One fear, two hopes

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Consodering he didn't get him or Wise to remix DK songs I doubt we will see any non-Japanese musician doing remixes even if we get western characters.
The dream is to get Mick Gordon and Jake Kaufman to do remixes at some point then, on top of the main man David Wise.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I clicked the spoilers for the Sword/Shield rumor getting ready to make fun of whatever they were claiming but then I realized that the guy behind them is apparently credible, so there's a good chance they might be real. Ah nuts, I want to be surprised tomorrow. That's what I get for being cocky.

....Well I'm just going to assume they're for the time being anyway though, because that's my default mode.

The legendaries are going to be wolves regardless of if the rumor is real or not, though. I mean, it's pretty obvious looking at the logos.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Smash had it's own 15 minute direct back in 2015 for Smash 4's DLC. They did it because they don't want Smash to overshadow their main direct.
Yeah, though that was also to show off three DLC characters (Roy, Lucas, Ryu), multiple Mii Fighter costumes, Multiple amiibo figures, new stages, new features, etc all somewhat explained in detail.
I just don't see a whole Smash Direct..especially since I think we'll only be getting 1 or 2 characters announced (either 1 announced, 1 announced and released, or 1 announced/released and 1 announced). I do, however, think that they could do a character reveal during or after the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate World Championship that they'll have on Saturday, June 8th, 2019 at about 10pm PT.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just did a huge essay.
I feel so relived.
Good night, everyone. Enjoy the direct!

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Wild Pokemon spawn in the world like LGPE.

Routes are Open World.

Online Raid Battles.

November 15th release date.
Point 1 is admittedly a bit odd considering we did see a typical wild encounter in the initial teaser, but I guess there is the possibility they wanted to keep it in their pocket for later or it wasn't quite ready. Point 2 on the other hand would be great and would fit speculation on the matter due to the given Galar map having seemingly wider areas. Finally, Raid Battles would also be an fitting inclusion considering they are popular features in Go and as Lets Go proves they are willing to take cues from the spinoff if they feel it adds to the games.

All in all, it's definitely believable as the weakest point can easily be explained and the other two do fit speculation or previous actions from GF. It's definitely a rumor I could see being true, but we'll see very soon.

Adding more fuel to the fire but this Reddit post "Leak" lines up with VR plant and his post history seems to point that he's credible.
Posted 6 hours ago

Again, pretty plausible. "Giantification" is the most curious one, but it would fit the above Raid Battles since large enemies are typical of those type of battles in other games and enlarging Pokemon as a feature could be a callback to Totem Pokemon from USUM. It's surprising, but not in a way that makes it an obvious fake or easily dismissible, so it's definitely believable.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
waking up to hear that SW/SH might actually be somewhat innovative is always nice

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
My hopes for the Pokemon Direct, besides the stuff mentioned in the leaks, is that they don't spend too much time on filler topics like company history and such

ZelDan

Smash Master
One thing I hope for in the new pokemon games is for there to be more challenge to the game, or a hard mode. I'm not really a challenge junkie, but even then pokemon games still can feel too easy. One thing that might help is if more enemy trainers held more pokemon, and if all gym leaders, major villains, the rival had 6 pokemon.

One thing I'd also like is more character customization stuff; more clothes options, more options for facial features/hair/eyes, etc.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Hope everyone has fun with the Pokemon Direct because I'm going to bed soon and won't be able to see it. Here's hoping we get some really cool looking new Pokemon!

...also please bring back the national dex.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Hey guys. I got done with Canary Mary's race in Banjo Tooie

I remember for the longest time I had 89 jiggies in Banjo Tooie. I knew what the last one was but could never beat it because Canary Mary ****ing cheats. Then a good-old pencil eraser came to my life and finally got that 90th jiggy years later.
eraser.jpg

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Not clicking on the spoilers but I think I've already seen the rumours mentioned elsewhere

Cautiously hyped

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All these rumors and not one about how British the game is.

If there's no place to have afternoon tea and the evil Team isn't constantly swigging Buckfast then this game will be as British as Yokai Watch 3 was American.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

If there's no place to have afternoon tea and the evil Team isn't constantly swigging Buckfast then this game will be as British as Yokai Watch 3 was American.
Well there wasn't a single McDonalds, gun control debate or wild Snorlax in all of Pokemon Black/White, so hold your horses.

We did get freedom birb that gen though.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

I hope the game is at least British enough to teach people about regional differences

The number of memes I've seen where the female protag simultaneously talks in both a Glaswegian accent and a Cockney dialect is worrying - pick one or the other people, they're at opposite ends of the country

Also if the generation based off the UK is the one that (fingers crossed) brings innovation back to the series, then imma be lowkey smug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom